[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tebow stinks.

Do Work Son

hmm. further proof that certain things should left out of a public forum.

back to the topic at hand. . .the fans got what they wanted. in the end, the broncos are a business and they listened to their customers.

the questions around him will be answered in the following weeks.

how many will it take to reach a conclusion?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

his playing style (if you'd calll it that) is not controversial. it is simply inept. his movement in the pocket is less than fluid. defenses are eventually going to pick up on the fact that he locks on to a specific target and doesn't make the neccessary reads to utilize others.

Really? You don't think Miami and other NFL teams have picked up on that already? Before he even took the field on Sunday. Only us message board warriors are smart enough to figure this out? Please....

As to the religious aspect. I think that plays a larger role than people care to admit.

detlef answered this for me:

I think you're confusing "feeling compelled to argue why they think he won't be a good NFL QB" with "rooting against him". They are vastly different things and would only intersect if, like I mentioned above, the guy was a big enough a-hole to truly hope that someone fails at their life's goal, just so they can be proven correct. I'm not saying these people don't exist at all, but they'd have to be completely soulless pr!cks.

And, again, they're compelled to argue their stance because there's a vocal and passionate group who is convinced he'll be great. That's not why they feel that way, as you're implying, but rather why they're bothering to say how they feel. Again, huge difference. If there was no hype on Tebow, then pointing out that you don't think he'll make it would make as much sense as pointing out that Pat White from WVU was not going to be a great NFL QB. It would be stupid to bring it up because nobody would care.

I think you're confusing "feeling compelled to argue why they think he won't be a good NFL QB" with "rooting against him". They are vastly different things and would only intersect if, like I mentioned above, the guy was a big enough a-hole to truly hope that someone fails at their life's goal, just so they can be proven correct. I'm not saying these people don't exist at all, but they'd have to be completely soulless pr!cks.

And, again, they're compelled to argue their stance because there's a vocal and passionate group who is convinced he'll be great. That's not why they feel that way, as you're implying, but rather why they're bothering to say how they feel. Again, huge difference. If there was no hype on Tebow, then pointing out that you don't think he'll make it would make as much sense as pointing out that Pat White from WVU was not going to be a great NFL QB. It would be stupid to bring it up because nobody would care.

I think it's nothing short of amazing that so many of the pro-Tebow group and the anti-Tebow group have so specifically defined their expectations of Tebow. There seem to be a lot of absolutists on both sides, some absolutely certain he'll be great as an NFL QB, and seemingly just as many absolutely certain he'll fail miserably. Given that the guy has had all of 4 starts in the NFL, that fascinates me. Read the passion and the certainty in a lot of these responses.

It even carries over into FF. Look at the earlier part of this thread where some people were absolute in knowing that Stafford would outperform Tebow in FF. No possible other outcome - and that's despite Tebow's short but documented history of being a prolific FF scorer.

it's like logic and rational thought go completely out the door when this guy is discussed. It's got to be something other than football that does this to people. You aren't hearing the same type of passionate absolutist arguments about other high profile guys.

I think it's nothing short of amazing that so many of the pro-Tebow group and the anti-Tebow group have so specifically defined their expectations of Tebow. There seem to be a lot of absolutists on both sides, some absolutely certain he'll be great as an NFL QB, and seemingly just as many absolutely certain he'll fail miserably. Given that the guy has had all of 4 starts in the NFL, that fascinates me. Read the passion and the certainty in a lot of these responses.

It even carries over into FF. Look at the earlier part of this thread where some people were absolute in knowing that Stafford would outperform Tebow in FF. No possible other outcome - and that's despite Tebow's short but documented history of being a prolific FF scorer.

it's like logic and rational thought go completely out the door when this guy is discussed. It's got to be something other than football that does this to people. You aren't hearing the same type of passionate absolutist arguments about other high profile guys.

For the record, if I had Stafford as an option at QB this past week, there's no freaking way I'd be putting Tebow in ahead of him. Now, I've played long enough to know better than to say that Stafford would absolutely outperform Tebow, but I certainly would have taken a moderate side bet on Stafford's chances. So, I don't think that sentiment points to some irrational man-hate of Tebow.

None the less, and I truly feel this way. The Tebow "haters" (and I do think that's a poor choice of words, because I'm pretty certain they're just guys who don't think he's got the goods) are the ones who are thinking rationally. Why? Because the odds are not in Tebow's favor. Tebow should have been a 2nd round pick and would have been one had a coach, who was ultimately fired and showed himself to be a poor decision maker, not reached for him. He'd be a 2nd rounder because there were legit concerns about his skill-set. So, he rightfully should have been put into the group of guys who "might make it but have a 50/50 chance at best".

However, nobody else who gets that sort of grade is ever seen as the potential savior for a franchise. Even QBs picked higher than Tebow are treated with cautious optimism. But not Tebow. And, ironically, for the exact reasons that the pro-Tebow camp insists upon dumping on those who don't think he'll make it. For all the off-field reasons. How else could it be explained? When was the last time a guy who was reached for in the end of the 1st by a coach that was run out of town by the same fan-base, been so revered before he stepped foot on the field? He was the #1 Jersey sold for how long? And he wasn't even starting.

So, the "anti-Tebow" camp is just amazed with the adoration, and, frankly, rightfully so. So they seem equally passionate in their opinion that he won't make it, but mostly because of amazement, because they feel they're arguing with someone who refuses to deal logically with the situation.

And I honestly do think that if nobody was making a big deal about Tebow being the next great thing, the people who don't wouldn't really bother to argue why he won't be. If I started a thread about why Colin Kaeperneck will probably not be a great QB, do you think there'd be people jumping down my throat telling me he's gonna be a HOF, "just you wait, you'll see"? And hell, he was drafted and will be coached by someone who may be a QB guru.

It is the religion thing. Lots of non-football emotions getting mixed up in thar. For some, religion failed their expectations so that they are forever soured by any that maintain their faith and belief and they must attack those of faith. For others, they so desperately want a man of professed faith to succeed that they ignore apparent shortcomings. Some of these latter types have zero football acumen or exposure and yet they seek to opine.

Right now Tebow sucks as an NFL starter. Others who sucked early in their careers include Unitas, Starr, Bradshaw, Warner and Elway. Hell, some hoped to drive Rodgers out of Green Bay his first two years. I personally think the kid is so inaccurate and so prone to abandon his reads and the game plan that he will fail, but he is young, inexperienced, and from all reports a hard worker. That final attribute is what made some of the aforementioned great, so I can wait and see on this one.

For the record, if I had Stafford as an option at QB this past week, there's no freaking way I'd be putting Tebow in ahead of him. Now, I've played long enough to know better than to say that Stafford would absolutely outperform Tebow, but I certainly would have taken a moderate side bet on Stafford's chances. So, I don't think that sentiment points to some irrational man-hate of Tebow.

None the less, and I truly feel this way. The Tebow "haters" (and I do think that's a poor choice of words, because I'm pretty certain they're just guys who don't think he's got the goods) are the ones who are thinking rationally. Why? Because the odds are not in Tebow's favor. Tebow should have been a 2nd round pick and would have been one had a coach, who was ultimately fired and showed himself to be a poor decision maker, not reached for him. He'd be a 2nd rounder because there were legit concerns about his skill-set. So, he rightfully should have been put into the group of guys who "might make it but have a 50/50 chance at best".

However, nobody else who gets that sort of grade is ever seen as the potential savior for a franchise. Even QBs picked higher than Tebow are treated with cautious optimism. But not Tebow. And, ironically, for the exact reasons that the pro-Tebow camp insists upon dumping on those who don't think he'll make it. For all the off-field reasons. How else could it be explained? When was the last time a guy who was reached for in the end of the 1st by a coach that was run out of town by the same fan-base, been so revered before he stepped foot on the field? He was the #1 Jersey sold for how long? And he wasn't even starting.

So, the "anti-Tebow" camp is just amazed with the adoration, and, frankly, rightfully so. So they seem equally passionate in their opinion that he won't make it, but mostly because of amazement, because they feel they're arguing with someone who refuses to deal logically with the situation.

And I honestly do think that if nobody was making a big deal about Tebow being the next great thing, the people who don't wouldn't really bother to argue why he won't be. If I started a thread about why Colin Kaeperneck will probably not be a great QB, do you think there'd be people jumping down my throat telling me he's gonna be a HOF, "just you wait, you'll see"? And hell, he was drafted and will be coached by someone who may be a QB guru.

Not taking issue with anything you wrote except as to where he should have been drafted. To me a project like Tebow should not have gone before the third round and I would not have been surprised had he slid somewhat farther ( or is it further?)

Not taking issue with anything you wrote except as to where he should have been drafted. To me a project like Tebow should not have gone before the third round and I would not have been surprised had he slid somewhat farther ( or is it further?)

I actually agree, but was giving him the benefit of the doubt. I should have said "at best" a 2nd rounder.

The miracle grab by Fells was a duck - still not sure how Thomas caught that laser that Tebow threw at his knees. ETA - no dog in this fight, as I bet Den -2, so I was pulling for the kid. Just couldn't believe what I was watching.

In fairness to the Fells catch. It might have waffled but that throw look very much Elwayesk. It was the fastest Duck I've seen. And the Thomas catch in the endzone was a brilliant pass/catch. You honestly can't daug either of these passes. Every other pass, I'm in complete agreement but the Fells/Thomas passes were actually brilliant.

I expect another 1st half crapper this week since they play the Lions who start off slow on offense usually as they seem to be more of a 2nd half team...

the only way we'll see Tebow put up numbers is if they get down by two scores early in the game...and the Broncos are not that great of a team anyways, so he has value but should irritate owners who want to see early production from him - it doesn't happen, he needs to have his back to the wall..

I expect another 1st half crapper this week since they play the Lions who start off slow on offense usually as they seem to be more of a 2nd half team...

the only way we'll see Tebow put up numbers is if they get down by two scores early in the game...and the Broncos are not that great of a team anyways, so he has value but should irritate owners who want to see early production from him - it doesn't happen, he needs to have his back to the wall..

Do you attribute that to Tebow gaining resolve and focus as the game progresses, that he only really responds by being under substantial pressure, or that the playcalling changes as the need to move the ball more quickly down the field becomes more urgent? Or some of each? Or some other factor?

Do you attribute that to Tebow gaining resolve and focus as the game progresses, that he only really responds by being under substantial pressure, or that the playcalling changes as the need to move the ball more quickly down the field becomes more urgent? Or some of each? Or some other factor?

My guess is that Fox doesn't know how to use him or, rather, refuses to use him the way he should. So, for 50 minutes of the game, they're trying to pretend he's a normal QB and he sucks at that. Then when all bets are off, they just say "what the hell" and turn him loose.

Inane, really, if they keep this up. The big argument against using your QB the way they should be using him is that he might get hurt. Well, if you don't like the guy and are merely caving to fan demands, what do you care? Turn him loose. If he stays upright, he may win you some games, if he gets crushed, you can move on and say you tried.

Win-win.

My guess is that Fox doesn't know how to use him or, rather, refuses to use him the way he should. So, for 50 minutes of the game, they're trying to pretend he's a normal QB and he sucks at that. Then when all bets are off, they just say "what the hell" and turn him loose.

Inane, really, if they keep this up. The big argument against using your QB the way they should be using him is that he might get hurt. Well, if you don't like the guy and are merely caving to fan demands, what do you care? Turn him loose. If he stays upright, he may win you some games, if he gets crushed, you can move on and say you tried.

Win-win.

I think that's a pretty astute response on several levels. Certainly food for thought.

I have to concur regarding the play calling. The play calling is more suited for Orton. Not a Tebow type player. They need more roll outs and play actions. With McAghee injured, play actions would work great for both Moreno and Tebow. Get him out of the pocket (which his is not a pocket passer yet) and provide more oportunities down the field or open him up for big run plays.

They need to improve the play calling if they want to win more games.

In fairness to the Fells catch. It might have waffled but that throw look very much Elwayesk. It was the fastest Duck I've seen. And the Thomas catch in the endzone was a brilliant pass/catch. You honestly can't daug either of these passes. Every other pass, I'm in complete agreement but the Fells/Thomas passes were actually brilliant.

ok, you saw different throws I guess, I didn't see brilliance. I will give you Fells, I guess, but the Thomas throw/catch was all Thomas - he speared that laser out of thin air at about shin level.

I just find it unbelievalble that in this day and age of pinpoint accuracy and QB play in the NFL at an all-time high we keep talking about an H back currently giving it a go as an NFL QB - remarkable really. Good times, it was certainly entertaining to watch, and I made some loot on the kid, but I just am at a loss for what I am watching.

After 2 years he simply cannot make NFL throws, and doesn't show any growth at all. Chit, Cam Newton has a better grasp of the NFL game after 6 weeks than Timmay does.

Tebow is a less talented version of Cam Newton. Fox should look at what his old team is doing and do that. Seems to be working pretty well for them. If Carolina could stop anyone, they'd be 4-3 or better right now.

less talented? whoa - that is an insult to Cam Newton.

Timmay isnt' in the same universe as Cam. Cam makes throws only a few other QB's in the league can make, and he is a freak athlete who by all accounts gets it. He has been incredible.

Timmay isnt' in the same universe as Cam. Cam makes throws only a few other QB's in the league can make, and he is a freak athlete who by all accounts gets it. He has been incredible.

Fair enough. And honestly, I was as annoyed as anyone that people kept comparing Newton to Tebow during the draft. That said, I'm not as convinced as you are that he can't play the position, albeit, I'm inclined to feel that way regardless.

My point is, they need to try the same thing. Carolina is basically just running a pretty close version to what Newton ran at Auburn and it's working well. Why not have Tebow do what he did at FL?

It might be why Cam "gets it". Because he's "getting" what he already knows. Now, that doesn't account for the great throws he's making, and yes, he's an effing freak, but it sure goes a long way to how comfortable he looks out there. He's not worrying about changing a bunch of things, but rather doing what he's done so well for some time.

If they were to use Tebow in the same fashion, he could be more productive. They have that offense in Carolina to best suite Cam's abilities. Denver is still set up for a pocket passer.

If they were to use Tebow in the same fashion, he could be more productive. They have that offense in Carolina to best suite Cam's abilities. Denver is still set up for a pocket passer.

sorry, but cam would destroy teebow in either system. cam's running keeps defenses honest. but his poise in the pocket is really amazing.

teebow can barely throw a decent spiral consistently.

i already bought up timmy's finer points, but let's no kid ourselves here. they're more comparable in regards to the points they may get you in ff, but not in real game situations.

Really? You don't think Miami and other NFL teams have picked up on that already? Before he even took the field on Sunday. Only us message board warriors are smart enough to figure this out? Please....

As to the religious aspect. I think that plays a larger role than people care to admit.

so you think teebow overcame miami's game planning against him? i suppose technically he did, but that's not saying much. again, let's see how he does against a real team.

you may be right about that last point. tragically so. . .

sorry, but cam would destroy teebow in either system. cam's running keeps defenses honest. but his poise in the pocket is really amazing.

teebow can barely throw a decent spiral consistently.

i already bought up timmy's finer points, but let's no kid ourselves here. they're more comparable in regards to the points they may get you in ff, but not in real game situations.

Have you watched the games of Cam? Not game one. He was amazing there. And Cam is amazing generally through 3 quaters but then he falls apart. Against the Falcons, he came apart when they had a chance to get the game under control. He almost has the exact different charactistics of Tebow. Tebow comes together when losing while Newton falls apart.

Again, I don't know how I fell about Tebow. I was very disappointed with his performance again the Dolphins but by the same token, he has showed some amazing skills at the last minute to come back in the game.

You have to admit, Carolina has a better team than Denver, yet Tebow has a better win loss record /shrug.

And oddly, Tebow has a better passer rating of 94.4% while Cam has 82.8%.