[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tebow stinks.

Do Work Son

I hate the Steelers, but they are going to destroy the Broncos next week.

Steelers haven't been that good as of late and mendy going down doesn't help. If Bronco keep it close crazier things have happened I hope they win I don't like them either.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steelers haven't been that good as of late and mendy going down doesn't help. If Bronco keep it close crazier things have happened I hope they win I don't like them either.

Mendy's been horrible this season. Redman needs to keep the turnovers under control.

Mendy's been horrible this season. Redman needs to keep the turnovers under control.

Statically mendy isn't that much worse then years passed esp when considering his rushing attempts are way down this year and having played 2 less games as well. The O-line have been banged up big time.

2009 16 Games Rushing Attempts 242 Yards 1,108 AVG 4.6 TD 7

2010 16 Games Rushing Attempts 324 Yards 1,273 AVG 3.9 TD 13

2011 14 Games Rushing Attempts 220 Yards 890 AVG 4.0 TD 9

Edited by Seahawk

Yeah the Tebowmania may draw to a close as quickly as it came in. I think at most he'll just drive DEN fans and coaches crazy - good enough (and popular enough) that you can't just dismiss him, but not good enough passer to have long-term success. Being a good runner and swell guy is great but not enough in this pass-happy NFL.

So, we got the Cinci/Baltimore game here so I went to CBS Game tracker. I logged in during the 2nd half and happened to see the following comment in the chat as I was checking the game.

"Damn! Denver D sucks!"

Just thought that was sort of funny.

Anything over 30 points, and you take the under with the Steelers-Broncos. Seriously, both teams have been horrendous on offense. Anyone who thinks the Steelers are going to destroy Denver next weekend obviously hasn't been watching Pittsburgh play football. Whereas I think the Steelers will win, I don't think it'll be convincing. In fact, I can hardly remember a 12-4 team that looked as beatable as the Steelers. Still, the honeymoon with Tebow appears to be over. Denver's only chance in this game is if their defense either scores or sets up a score.

PIT - 16

DEN - 10

Anything over 30 points, and you take the under with the Steelers-Broncos. Seriously, both teams have been horrendous on offense. Anyone who thinks the Steelers are going to destroy Denver next weekend obviously hasn't been watching Pittsburgh play football. Whereas I think the Steelers will win, I don't think it'll be convincing. In fact, I can hardly remember a 12-4 team that looked as beatable as the Steelers. Still, the honeymoon with Tebow appears to be over. Denver's only chance in this game is if their defense either scores or sets up a score.

PIT - 16

DEN - 10

PIT - 16

DEN - 10

If Ben is still as hobbled as he has been, then I agree it could be a lot closer than people think.... But as someone who watched the Steelers game intently in week 16 going up against Roeth, 3 of those picks he threw could have easily been TDs had he been able to actually step into those throws. I think his health is a big factor in how much of a chance the Broncos have, because you know that if Wallace and Brown start scoring at will, they're going to be in trouble playing catch-up....

And even though the Steeler D isn't as lights out as usual, they should still be pretty effective at stopping Denver's biggest strength, running the ball...

If Ben is still as hobbled as he has been, then I agree it could be a lot closer than people think.... But as someone who watched the Steelers game intently in week 16 going up against Roeth, 3 of those picks he threw could have easily been TDs had he been able to actually step into those throws. I think his health is a big factor in how much of a chance the Broncos have, because you know that if Wallace and Brown start scoring at will, they're going to be in trouble playing catch-up....

And even though the Steeler D isn't as lights out as usual, they should still be pretty effective at stopping Denver's biggest strength, running the ball...

I still have no idea why they played Big Ben yesterday rather than give him a rest. A healthy Batch might be better than a hobbled Big Ben anyway but, regardless, this is freaking Cleveland. Tell everyone to step up and just go out there and take care of it with Batch.

I still have no idea why they played Big Ben yesterday rather than give him a rest. A healthy Batch might be better than a hobbled Big Ben anyway but, regardless, this is freaking Cleveland. Tell everyone to step up and just go out there and take care of it with Batch.

Agreed. The Steelers need a healthy Roethlisberger to make a run. The Cleveland game was not important. You do not play to win the game, you play to win THE game.

Holy Mother of God was Tebow bad yesterday.

I don't know what the hell happened, but he simply refused to throw the ball downfield and test the D in the limited opportunties he had. If this is the result of what happened with the BUF game and he's now too intimidated to throw across the middle, Tebow's done as a NFL QB.

Geez, the first thing I though of as he was throwing balls OB after scrambling rather than trusting his WRs to go win battles for the football is Top Gun when Goose dies and Maverick refuses to engage afterwards.

Every young QB is going to have bad days like Tebow had against BUF. But is this is the way he reacts to it I retract anything I've said about his possibly learning to grow into the position. I thought this kid was a lot mentally tougher than this.

I don't know what the hell happened, but he simply refused to throw the ball downfield and test the D in the limited opportunties he had. If this is the result of what happened with the BUF game and he's now too intimidated to throw across the middle, Tebow's done as a NFL QB.

Geez, the first thing I though of as he was throwing balls OB after scrambling rather than trusting his WRs to go win battles for the football is Top Gun when Goose dies and Maverick refuses to engage afterwards.

Every young QB is going to have bad days like Tebow had against BUF. But is this is the way he reacts to it I retract anything I've said about his possibly learning to grow into the position. I thought this kid was a lot mentally tougher than this.

It was the great D the Chiefs played.

It was the great D the Chiefs played.

KC's D played very well, but there were some opportunties. Tebow just flat out bypassed them, rolled to the sideline, and threw the ball away repeatedly. I could see this kid not developing into a starting NFL QB - that's been my position all along, that he's got work to do to become a regular starter. But he just completely disengaged when throwing the ball. He simply would not throw the ball deep into the middle of the field, even when his receiver had a step or two. I didn't see that coming - that's just a lack of mental toughness and/or courage.

Edited by Bronco Billy

KC's D played very well, but there were some opportunties. Tebow just flat out bypassed them, rolled to the sideline, and threw the ball away repeatedly. I could see this kid not developing into a starting NFL QB - that's been my position all along, that he's got work to do to become a regular starter. But he just completely disengaged when throwing the ball. He simply would not throw the ball deep into the middle of the field, even when his receiver had a step or two. I didn't see that coming - that's just a lack of mental toughness and/or courage.

Yeah, Tebow missed some opps, but he did throw a few good passes late in the 4th quarter that were flat out dropped by his WR's in crunch time, which tells me that these WR's need more passes to get into a rhythm with Tebow. I feel like the coaching staff made a mistake to wait so late before starting to pass. I know that they've won with the other way, but when it's not working, they should give him the green light to pass before late in the 4th quarter.

One thing about Fox when he was in Carolina, is that he kept with the same offensive game plan over and over again whether it was working or not, which was always very frustrating. I think Tebow can do more, but the coaching staff is restricting him.

Edited by electricrelish

I haven't been on top of football the way I have in the past, but didn't pitt have a chance for a 1st round bye (pending outcome of bal-cin)?

I haven't been on top of football the way I have in the past, but didn't pitt have a chance for a 1st round bye (pending outcome of bal-cin)?

Yes they did and they were playing Cleveland. Batch is probably better than most back-ups out there and you could argue might have been at least as effective as a hobbled Big Ben. Dude looks like hell and can step into his throws. I can't imagine that Pitt playing with their back-up QB couldn't beat Cleveland playing with theirs. And given the fact that they'd have to win and have Balt lose, I'd rather give Ben a virtual bye week this past week.

Yes they did and they were playing Cleveland. Batch is probably better than most back-ups out there and you could argue might have been at least as effective as a hobbled Big Ben. Dude looks like hell and can step into his throws. I can't imagine that Pitt playing with their back-up QB couldn't beat Cleveland playing with theirs. And given the fact that they'd have to win and have Balt lose, I'd rather give Ben a virtual bye week this past week.

Yes, that makes it even more perplexing. You're playing for a bye, when you're guaranteed one for Ben that week, with still arguably as good of a chance with Batch to still get the actual bye and another week of rest for him, versus an extremely beatable Browns team. Right now he's clearly as much of a liability as a help anyway, and now they might just be prolonging that.

This could stand to be one of the ugliest playoff games ever.

Edited by delusions of granduer

At the end of the game, with 2 min or so left when KC had the ball, and the camera was on Teblow for several min, and all he was doing was his kneeling and praying, I get why people hate him. What pompous chocolate starfish is going to pray for 5 solid min, not watching the game, begging allah to save his butt.

Good Riddance Teblow, you give God Fearing Americans a bad name.

I see a shutout next week, players are sick of the tebow clown show, and they are going to make him look like a kid, much worse than Buf/NE/KC have. They are going to try and hurt him. I might just have to buy a James Harrison Jersey. After the game, my dogs can use it.

At the end of the game, with 2 min or so left when KC had the ball, and the camera was on Teblow for several min, and all he was doing was his kneeling and praying, I get why people hate him. What pompous chocolate starfish is going to pray for 5 solid min, not watching the game, begging allah to save his butt.

I've tried to be indifferent about his off-field convictions, but that irked me too... Pray before the game to help you to play your best and with no injuries to anyone, and after the game, but during the game, stop praying for God to bail out your crappy play and go do your job!

Maybe that's not fair, since we don't know what's going through his head, but I can assure you Tebow that God is not in the business of influencing football games (or not anymore anyway, God has to be saying, "Cmon kid, you gotta meet me half way")....

I understand the rationale to sit him, just presenting one for why they decided to play him. Despite losing, cle has been playing teams closely as of late.

To add to the list why to rest..... if cle is playing teams tough, why risk further injury?

You sure you weren't thinking about the volleyball scene?