Do Work Son

Tebow stinks.

Good points, but you gotta believe that all the other attention, all the "he just wins" the "Broncos are great with Tebow" all the hype over every game they played didn't go to the guys head some. Sure the nay sayers kept bringing it, but every week I'd hear another analyst or groups of NFL fans saying "I believe now".

I don't think he needs to be humbled at all, but I don't doubt that he believed even more so that God was going to let it all play out as it has been.

Who said Tebow needs to be humbled - I'm not sure but it seems like Tebow is the most humble young man in the western hemisphere (?)

Good points, but you gotta believe that all the other attention, all the "he just wins" the "Broncos are great with Tebow" all the hype over every game they played didn't go to the guys head some. Sure the nay sayers kept bringing it, but every week I'd hear another analyst or groups of NFL fans saying "I believe now".

Show me any elite athlete and I assert that on some level, they think they are the schiiit, probably more so at a position such as QB.

Edited by untateve

Show me any elite athlete and I assert that on some level, they think they are the schiiit, probably more so at a position such as QB.

There is a fine line between confidence and arrogance. Humility is that line. It's not so much whether or not an NFL QB thinks he is awesome, but rather who that QB truly credits for his success. Drew Brees' locker room speech after breaking Marino's record last night is a good example of this. I'm sure Brees on some level knows that he's very good at his craft and that he put a lof of work in himself to achieve that goal, but he didn't once take the spotlight for himself. It's something you can't really fake either. Because even though most QBs know what they're supposed to say (i.e. - team first), some of them show their true colors anyway when faced with adversity... Jeff George comes to mind, as does Brett Favre. Michael Vick as well, particularly thinking about his comments earlier this season about not getting calls on late hits/roughing the passer. I get the "me first" vibe from Roethlisberger too. It's easier to (or more fun to) root for the Tebows and Breeses of the NFL because they are genuinely humble and team oriented.

There is a fine line between confidence and arrogance. Humility is that line. It's not so much whether or not an NFL QB thinks he is awesome, but rather who that QB truly credits for his success. Drew Brees' locker room speech after breaking Marino's record last night is a good example of this. I'm sure Brees on some level knows that he's very good at his craft and that he put a lof of work in himself to achieve that goal, but he didn't once take the spotlight for himself. It's something you can't really fake either. Because even though most QBs know what they're supposed to say (i.e. - team first), some of them show their true colors anyway when faced with adversity... Jeff George comes to mind, as does Brett Favre. Michael Vick as well, particularly thinking about his comments earlier this season about not getting calls on late hits/roughing the passer. I get the "me first" vibe from Roethlisberger too. It's easier to (or more fun to) root for the Tebows and Breeses of the NFL because they are genuinely humble and team oriented.

Really? My impression of Favre was that he always credited his teammates. Maybe my memory is off :wacko:

Gotta give Favre and Vick some slack. Their combined IQ is below the average temperature in Green Bay. :wacko:

Gotta give Favre and Vick some slack. Their combined IQ is below the average temperature in Green Bay. :wacko:

Not today - it was slightly above freezing.

Not today - it was slightly above freezing.

Yeah, when the hell is it gonna snow in the midwest? I've got four sleds ready to go!

Interesting if true. I personally think most football fans don't care, and aren't going to be enlightened or changed by his views. And most people I've met with a strong religious view and looking to help others do missionary work, or become monastics and religious leaders. His Tebowing, suggestiog that Jesus/God had a hand in play/game outcomes (even jokingly) and celebrtiy of an NFL star doesn't fit the type of people I have met who are religous and looking to help others.

If the bolded part is true, why even play football, particularly in the NFL? Does he really think his becoming a star player (the only way to get more attention) will have the desired outcome?

I suppose its possible, and could really be who he is and what he thinks, but it contradicts most of what I've seen in my years dealing with people. (Disclaimer My father was an Orthdox priest, I've known several bishops, monks and nuns who work every day to enlighten others. And what I see in Tebow during NFL games doesn't fit that.)

I guess you have to realize that he comes from a very Evangelical background. It's not as much about service as it is conversions (though that is really oversimplified.) He plays football because as a pastor or whatever he couldn't preach and provide an example to literally tens of millions of people. You can't buy that kind of exposure, and he believes God gave him his football talent to be seen by millions, so he could Evangelize.

Your argument about whether or not it actually works, IMHO is spot on. I personally doubt it has a big effect.

Edited by STL Fan

anybody know what time it is?

Time to bury this stupid myth

anybody know what time it is?

Wow, I disagree with this on both counts. His ego is not a problem, and I don't believe it ever will be. He appears to be the most humble man in the NFL as best I can tell. And if you think that he will "tone down" his Christian rhetoric, again I don't think you understand Tebow very well. He believes with all his heart that the reason God gave him his talents was so that he could get a large stage and large audience to proclaim God's greatness to the masses. To "tone it down" would in his opinion be completely wasting the talents he believes God gave him. Not likely. He believes God put him on this earth to convert non- believers and reinforce the faith of believers, not to win championships.

Agreed. He was also a "preacher in training" sort of speak, while in High School. I think his convictions are solid and you won't be seeing him tone it down at all.

The list of QB's who outplayed Tebow by a LOT includes Kellen Clemens. Yikes

Edited by STL Fan

ironic that at the end of the game, he had the perfect opp to run for a 1st down and pulled up and passed instead.

Agreed. He was also a "preacher in training" sort of speak, while in High School. I think his convictions are solid and you won't be seeing him tone it down at all.

I wonder if McDonald's will tolerate it when he's working at the drive-through in a couple of years?

It is hard to defend his last several performances. I just hope he continues his current production next week. :wacko:

It is hard to defend his last several performances. I just hope he continues his current production next week. :tup:

Watch 1st and 10 tomorrow. Skip Bayless will surprise you :wacko:

6-22 for 180 yards . . a INT and a lost fumble.

I really wish that the OC would stop holding Tebow back.

How to stop Tebow . . .

1.) Play press coverage against their average receivers.

2.) Send your Lbs upfield to keep him in the pocket/ force him to roll to the right

3.) let him make poor passing decisions

4.) Rinse, repeat

So after almost 13,000 views and 1300 posts, it looks like me may be back to the original thread title..