Do Work Son

Tebow stinks.

I still have no idea why they played Big Ben yesterday rather than give him a rest. A healthy Batch might be better than a hobbled Big Ben anyway but, regardless, this is freaking Cleveland. Tell everyone to step up and just go out there and take care of it with Batch.

I haven't been on top of football the way I have in the past, but didn't pitt have a chance for a 1st round bye (pending outcome of bal-cin)?

I haven't been on top of football the way I have in the past, but didn't pitt have a chance for a 1st round bye (pending outcome of bal-cin)?

Yes they did and they were playing Cleveland. Batch is probably better than most back-ups out there and you could argue might have been at least as effective as a hobbled Big Ben. Dude looks like hell and can step into his throws. I can't imagine that Pitt playing with their back-up QB couldn't beat Cleveland playing with theirs. And given the fact that they'd have to win and have Balt lose, I'd rather give Ben a virtual bye week this past week.

Yes they did and they were playing Cleveland. Batch is probably better than most back-ups out there and you could argue might have been at least as effective as a hobbled Big Ben. Dude looks like hell and can step into his throws. I can't imagine that Pitt playing with their back-up QB couldn't beat Cleveland playing with theirs. And given the fact that they'd have to win and have Balt lose, I'd rather give Ben a virtual bye week this past week.

Yes, that makes it even more perplexing. You're playing for a bye, when you're guaranteed one for Ben that week, with still arguably as good of a chance with Batch to still get the actual bye and another week of rest for him, versus an extremely beatable Browns team. Right now he's clearly as much of a liability as a help anyway, and now they might just be prolonging that.

This could stand to be one of the ugliest playoff games ever.

Edited by delusions of granduer

At the end of the game, with 2 min or so left when KC had the ball, and the camera was on Teblow for several min, and all he was doing was his kneeling and praying, I get why people hate him. What pompous chocolate starfish is going to pray for 5 solid min, not watching the game, begging allah to save his butt.

Good Riddance Teblow, you give God Fearing Americans a bad name.

I see a shutout next week, players are sick of the tebow clown show, and they are going to make him look like a kid, much worse than Buf/NE/KC have. They are going to try and hurt him. I might just have to buy a James Harrison Jersey. After the game, my dogs can use it.

At the end of the game, with 2 min or so left when KC had the ball, and the camera was on Teblow for several min, and all he was doing was his kneeling and praying, I get why people hate him. What pompous chocolate starfish is going to pray for 5 solid min, not watching the game, begging allah to save his butt.

I've tried to be indifferent about his off-field convictions, but that irked me too... Pray before the game to help you to play your best and with no injuries to anyone, and after the game, but during the game, stop praying for God to bail out your crappy play and go do your job!

Maybe that's not fair, since we don't know what's going through his head, but I can assure you Tebow that God is not in the business of influencing football games (or not anymore anyway, God has to be saying, "Cmon kid, you gotta meet me half way")....

I understand the rationale to sit him, just presenting one for why they decided to play him. Despite losing, cle has been playing teams closely as of late.

To add to the list why to rest..... if cle is playing teams tough, why risk further injury?

Holy Mother of God was Tebow bad yesterday.

I don't know what the hell happened, but he simply refused to throw the ball downfield and test the D in the limited opportunties he had. If this is the result of what happened with the BUF game and he's now too intimidated to throw across the middle, Tebow's done as a NFL QB.

Geez, the first thing I though of as he was throwing balls OB after scrambling rather than trusting his WRs to go win battles for the football is Top Gun when Goose dies and Maverick refuses to engage afterwards.

Every young QB is going to have bad days like Tebow had against BUF. But is this is the way he reacts to it I retract anything I've said about his possibly learning to grow into the position. I thought this kid was a lot mentally tougher than this.

You sure you weren't thinking about the volleyball scene?

Not that there's anything wrong with that . . .:wacko:

Yes, that makes it even more perplexing. You're playing for a bye, when you're guaranteed one for Ben that week, with still arguably as good of a chance with Batch to still get the actual bye and another week of rest for him, versus an extremely beatable Browns team. Right now he's clearly as much of a liability as a help anyway, and now they might just be prolonging that.

This could stand to be one of the ugliest playoff games ever.

Boys...they were not playing for the bye and a week of rest. They were playing for the chance that they would not have to play in Baltimore or New England. they could care less about a week of rest when you compare that to their chances in Baltimore or New England.

Curious, this post is now up to 54 pages...is this the longest post in the history of The Huddle?

Curious, this post is now up to 54 pages...is this the longest post in the history of The Huddle?

:wacko: There is one with 6,667 posts in it in the Tailgate, and a 7,983 in a league forum.

Boys...they were not playing for the bye and a week of rest. They were playing for the chance that they would not have to play in Baltimore or New England. they could care less about a week of rest when you compare that to their chances in Baltimore or New England.

I get that. I understand they had something to play for. I also understand that they have a very capable QB2 and Big Ben can't step into his throws. For instance, in the SF game, I think that having Ben play was not only reckless in terms of getting him beaten up, but also think it hurt their chances of winning that particular game because none of his passes had any zip on them.

Regardless, it wasn't even a matter of win and you get the bye, because they did win and didn't get the bye. So, rather than simply repeating what we all know, that there was something to gain by winning, understand that we're simply saying it wasn't worth the cost, especially considering that this would basically be Pitt's QB2 vs Cleveland's QB2. If you have any designs on a deep run, you should be able to take care of that.

I know that's the part of the movie that keeps repeating itself in your mind, but there really is more to the movie than that.

I know that's the part of the movie that keeps repeating itself in your mind, but there really is more to the movie than that.

C'mon. "I know you are but what am I"? That's all I mean to you now? After all we've been through? :wacko:

C'mon. "I know you are but what am I"? That's all I mean to you now? After all we've been through? :wacko:

Sorry. Two leggers aren't my type.

Spain? Is that you?

Edited by detlef

The Locker room scene.

Four legs good, two legs bad. I think you sort of missed the message of Animal Farm.

You guys are drifting. Can we get back to tebow please?

The Cam Newton doesn't suck thread needs to be started.

You're great at starting useless threads that few people participate in. Looks like this is right in your wheel house. Have at it.

Who are they playing in the playoffs again?

Or you could start the Mikey Vick is overrated and needs to be raped again in jail thread. I am pretty sure it would not take as many pages to prove that he sucks as did with Tebow.