[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tebow stinks.

Do Work Son

Have you watched the games of Cam? Not game one. He was amazing there. And Cam is amazing generally through 3 quaters but then he falls apart. Against the Falcons, he came apart when they had a chance to get the game under control. He almost has the exact different charactistics of Tebow. Tebow comes together when losing while Newton falls apart.

Again, I don't know how I fell about Tebow. I was very disappointed with his performance again the Dolphins but by the same token, he has showed some amazing skills at the last minute to come back in the game.

You have to admit, Carolina has a better team than Denver, yet Tebow has a better win loss record /shrug.

And oddly, Tebow has a better passer rating of 94.4% while Cam has 82.8%.

tebow SHOULD have a better rating given he's in his second year and newton is a rookie.

that said, the completion percentages below (from this past weekend). . .

tebow (2nd yr) | 13 - 27 | dolphins: ranked 21st in passing defense

newton (rookie) | 18 - 23 | redskins: ranked 12th in passing defense

again, let's see how he fairs jumping from the 21st to 9th ranked passing defense.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tebow SHOULD have a better rating given he's in his second year and newton is a rookie.

again, let's see how he fairs jumping from the 21st to 9th ranked passing defense.

Newton has more starts than Tebow. And Tebow's rookie rating was almost exactly what Newton's is right now.

ETA - Newton also has S Smith, Olsen, and Stewart catching passes for him

Edited by Bronco Billy

You do realize that Cam has started more games than Tebow, right?

And trying to use this argument is probably not the best argument, considering Cam has his worst game against the Falcon who are ranked 19th which his passer rating was a meger 44.6 after that game.

Holy crap.... You got me defending Tebow like I'm his biatch.... STOP IT!

:wacko:

just stop with this nonsense comparing TT stats with Cam's - you guys can't be serious. Cam does everything MUCH better than Tebow - by a mile.

Cam is amphibeous, and he can chuck it better than Timmay left-handed as well.

Cam spins it as well as anyone in the NFL, Timmay spins it as well as BB......

good lord yall are reaching with this chit

Tebow just doesnt seem to have a grasp of progessions, and even basic fundamentals of setting his feet in the pocket instead of looking like he wants to run immediately arent there.

He is a second year QB, that still has problems with his fundamentals. :wacko: How long does he have to develop these? Should everything be tailored around his limited skill set just to justify the WAY overdrafted pick?

I agree that since the Broncos will suck, to have him play. They have nothing to lose by seeing what they have. But the hilarious excuses that have been thrown out like "the coach isnt calling the right plays" and that "look at the poor talent around him" and " all the incompleteions are really perfect passes that are dropped" brings the apologists to a whole new level. :tup:

If the Broncos are dedicated to this force-feeding of Tebow to somehow look like they didnt blow the pick, then they need to REALLY dumb down the offense to a few basic reads and rollouts and just let Tebow be Tebow. An athletically gifted player that may or may not ever have the capability to excel in a typical pro-style offense. Give him the option on rollouts to go ahead and run the ball. Hell, call more rollouts. Call some option plays, run wishbone, I dont care . . . As long as they win, that is all that matters. (but unfortunately they cant squeak out close wins over one of the worst teams in football every week)

I agree that since the Broncos will suck, to have him play. They have nothing to lose by seeing what they have. But the hilarious excuses that have been thrown out like "the coach isnt calling the right plays" and that "look at the poor talent around him" and " all the incompleteions are really perfect passes that are dropped" brings the apologists to a whole new level. :wacko:

I didn't see many perfect passes being dropped (maybe 1?), but as far as the playcalling and his receivers, I honestly don't know how you could watch the game WITHOUT making those observations. it's not really the receivers' fault -- 2 out of the 3 were playing in their first game after long injury layoffs. that aspect will naturally improve, and you have to hope the playcalling will as well.

I didn't see many perfect passes being dropped (maybe 1?), but as far as the playcalling and his receivers, I honestly don't know how you could watch the game WITHOUT making those observations. it's not really the receivers' fault -- 2 out of the 3 were playing in their first game after long injury layoffs. that aspect will naturally improve, and you have to hope the playcalling will as well.

I am not just going off this past game either . . . but all games played thus far. To make excuses based on everything else EXCEPT on Tebow himself is what I have read repeatedly in all the Tebow threads.

:wacko:

just stop with this nonsense comparing TT stats with Cam's - you guys can't be serious. Cam does everything MUCH better than Tebow - by a mile.

Only one person rolled out the stats and then made the comparison to Cam, but given his disposition towards Tebow probably didn't realize the light at the end of the tunnel was an oncoming train.

I'll also freely admit that tebow in no way, shape, or form is amphibeous.

I am not just going off this past game either . . . but all games played thus far. To make excuses based on everything else EXCEPT on Tebow himself is what I have read repeatedly in all the Tebow threads.

the games last year I thought tebow looked pretty good. very raw and with a lot to work on, but better efforts throwing the ball than this past sunday.

in any case, I haven't heard anybody making those particular "excuses" for any games other than this last one. :wacko:

Who exactly is saying that none of the blame rests with Tebow himself?

Gee, I was hoping the DEN-MIA game got on NFL Replay this week so I could watch for myself and make some sort of judgement of my own (instead of listening to all the haters and jock sniffers).

From what I heard it was 50+ minutes of terrible QB play followed by a few minutes of making some decent plays. And the guys on Monday Night Countdown last night were all pretty riled up and trying to explain their views (seems that Tom Jackson was his only defender).

Good read so far.

Tebow is epicly bad today, but let's not leave the blame at that. The playcalling is equally horrendous and is putting Tebow is a lot of really bad situations, which he is continually failing to convert.

But if people think it would be any better with Orton giving the same playcalling, they're nuts. Orton under this kind of pressure and the team running routes so that WRs aren't turning their heads until they are 3 to 4 seconds downfield would have lead to a few Orton turnovers in the way of INTs and fumbles on sacks. Where are the TEs and the screens? Where are tightening the O and WRs running hot routes when they see the MIA second level pressing the LoS? Non-existant.

The D combined with some really bad MIA execution on O are the only reasons this game isn't completely out of hand.

You should increase your odds and become a fan of two teams............. :wacko::tup: