[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

French Dips

Brentastic

I have a specific question: What is the best type of beef to use for french dips in the crock pot? Rump roast? Sirloin tip roast?

Also, looking for good french dip recipes for the crock pot. I've tried a few crock pot recipes in the past and there's never enough flavor for my liking. My wife got a french dip recipe we're thinking of trying, here's what goes in it. But I'd love input because I fear the flavor won't be there:

INGREDIENTS:

Rump Roast

Beef broth (read I should use Campbell's Consumme)

Condensed French Onion Soup

Bottle of dark beer

Things I'm thinking of adding to add flavor:

Garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, worcestershire sauce

Any additions or alternate recipes welcome. Again, I've had bad luck with crock pot dinners so I need something to restore my confidence.

toss up between french dip and ruben as my favorite sandwich.

can use ribeye, inside round, top sirloin.

as i have mentioned, i have never used a crock pot so don't know where to steer you with that. i just make roast beef and add different influences for the au jus.

i will oil, s&p the outside then lightly coat with a mixture of:

thyme

rosemary

parsley

garlic powder

bread crumbs

sometimes i sear all sides and let it go slow until just under the temp i want (will keep cooking after i pull it)

i usually go high to low when roasting and use dripping for au jus. (i don't sear when doing this)

toss up between french dip and ruben as my favorite sandwich.

can use ribeye, inside round, top sirloin.

as i have mentioned, i have never used a crock pot so don't know where to steer you with that. i just make roast beef and add different influences for the au jus.

i will oil, s&p the outside then lightly coat with a mixture of:

thyme

rosemary

parsley

garlic powder

bread crumbs

sometimes i sear all sides and let it go slow until just under the temp i want (will keep cooking after i pull it)

i usually go high to low when roasting and use dripping for au jus. (i don't sear when doing this)

I want to try one of your french dips! And I also am on the fence between reuben and french dip as my favorite sandwich.

Nothing beats a French Dip made with left over Prime Rib.

On a fast food side note, Arby's used to have the best fast food french dips ever until they fooked it up by putting it on that stupid hard bread. Now the bread doesn't soak up the juice. Fail.

Edited by tazinib1