[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Child Abuse or Mind your Own Business?

i_am_the_swammi

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't even watch that.

Would it help if we told you she was a Colts fan talking smack about the Jags? :wacko:

Na, my granddad used to be like that when it came time for punishment (well, not that bad, but "pick a switch, and if it ain’t big enough you get twice the licking"), and while we definitely deserved some punishment, was the reason why my parents were strongly against spanking or any kind of physical altercation.

I do think some perspective is in order though, because just 10 years ago at my cousin’s high school in rural GA, the principal actually still spanked if they got out of line (as crazy as that sounds nowadays)… Thank goodness that’s yet another area where we’re becoming more civilized, but you really can’t pretend that these are just isolated incidents… It's undoubtedly a cultural thing, and one of the few bad practices left over from the greatest generation.

What does spanking have to do with this video? I can only imagine the horrors in your closet if you imagine that abuse was a 'spanking'. :wacko:

Yeah, sorry, I guess I was just thinking about how the Jags get abused every year....

Nice attempt at trolling a sensitive issue, but it's pertinent because a culture that puts spanking on display tends to be one where worse abuse goes on behind closed doors, as I have personal experience with... Maybe you should go back to acting offended and arguing with liberals. You seem to be doing better at that.

Nice attempt at trolling a sensitive issue

What on Gods earth are you talking about? It was hard for me to watch the video, and you take offense to that?

As a child, I myself was spanked. My family has taken in several dozen abused children as a Foster Care family, and even adopted one severely abused little girl.

I don't know what your agenda is, but I suggest you take it elsewhere.

i can't comprehend this behavior ... i watched the thing yesterday and it's going to take some time before i can get it out of my head, if ever. there's no describing the pure sadness this evokes.

pause.

related to spanking, there was a time that i did something that made my mom mad (i can't remember what) and my dad jumped in and said "that's it, he's getting the belt!" he took me into the bedroom, closed the door, told me to start yelling and then proceeded to slap a book with the belt. i did my best harrowing screams of pain and walked out rubbing my ass with my dad following behind looking mean. mom was mortified. then we all started laughing .... "the belt" was always a joke in my house growing up because of bill cosby's bit on it.

i won't mention it in my house ever again after this ...

dubya-tee-eff? :wacko:

Ever since "her" first contreversy-laden post, Big John had it pegged as an alias, and aside from other obvious tells like posting in a password-protected BoTH forum almost immediately, the most telling was coming to the defense of Del Rio in like 3 different threads. Pretty clear that it's a H8 alias. I thought more people realized that by now, but I guess he's toned it down with his offended conservative woman schtick.

I really don't care though, just trolling the troll myself :tup:

you're the only one trolling here (well, except for dopie but he's too pathetic to even count), that was the point. if you think it's appropriate, hey, good for you.

Dude, whatever. I meant everything I said that wasn't in jest, but there's no way that's not a H8 alias, and if you'll notice "she" came back with a typical troll response of nitpicking why I'd bring up spanking in a thread like this...

Anyways. I'm done here. Think whatever you wanna think. I really don't care...

Wow this taco took a bad turn.

Something else I'll throw out there...spanking itself, not just abuse like in this video, but any physical striking of a child for discipline's sake has been discredited and is weak and lazy parenting. It does more harm than good to a child's development and teaches them that violence is a valid method of resolving conflict. I don't want to offend anyone who was spanked as a kid, obviously it was a common practice for generations...but when you know better, you do better, and anyone still spanking as a means of punishment needs to be educated.

As a child I was spanked with a belt. Sometimes I was spanked with the buckle end of the belt. I was not reviled during the spankings like this young woman was.

I reserve to myself the right to engage in responsible corporal punishment with my own children. I have, however, never resorted to doing so.

This event was not measured, controled, or directed. It seemed like venting by a person out of control. That is not parenting.

Did anyone else get aroused? :wacko:

Not even remotely funny.

Was spanked on occasion as a child but do not spank my kids. Obviously this was a beating and not discipline. I don't judge those that use a belt on their kids but I'll try everything else before it gets to that point. Regardless...one lick should get the point across. Any more than that is potentially crossing the line. This guy flat out beat the chit out of his kid.

Did anyone else get aroused? :tup:

Gee, lemme guess, it all started when you drained a half a bottle of scotch. :wacko:

Do you have effing tourettes? Seriously, man. Why do you regularly have to remind us what an a-hole you are?

Dude, whatever. I meant everything I said that wasn't in jest, but there's no way that's not a H8 alias, and if you'll notice "she" came back with a typical troll response of nitpicking why I'd bring up spanking in a thread like this...

Anyways. I'm done here. Think whatever you wanna think. I really don't care...

Regardless of your opinion of H8Tank, he certainly didn't post anything in this thread that justifies you being a enchilada. I don't get where you come off thinking that, because someone who you think is a troll (and, btw, plenty of us agree) happened to post something in this thread, makes it open season to say whatever the hell you want.

Gee, lemme guess, it all started when you drained a half a bottle of scotch. :wacko:

Do you have effing tourettes? Seriously, man. Why do you regularly have to remind us what an a-hole you are?

Regardless of your opinion of H8Tank, he certainly didn't post anything in this thread that justifies you being a enchilada. I don't get where you come off thinking that, because someone who you think is a troll (and, btw, plenty of us agree) happened to post something in this thread, makes it open season to say whatever the hell you want.

So Det, how are you feeling about the new swear filter selections?

spanking itself, not just abuse like in this video, but any physical striking of a child for discipline's sake has been discredited and is weak and lazy parenting.

By people who don't spank. It's been far from discredited by the masses and is a very controversal topic because there is no simple right or wrong answer as you rather ignorantly claim. :wacko:

For every link you post that discredits spanking I can show you one that doesn't.

That was't a guy disciplining his kid - it was a low life making himself feel better by beating his kid and wife. :tup:

I'm not others spanking their kids, as long as they don't do it in a moment of anger. Effective, appropriate punishment must stem from a rational mind. Paretns that strike their kids when they are angry often go too far.

My youngest is 10 now and I have not spanked a kid in many years. :wacko:

My wife is a different story. :lol: