[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Child Abuse or Mind your Own Business?

i_am_the_swammi

Gee, lemme guess, it all started when you drained a half a bottle of scotch. :wacko:

Do you have effing tourettes? Seriously, man. Why do you regularly have to remind us what an a-hole you are?

Regardless of your opinion of H8Tank, he certainly didn't post anything in this thread that justifies you being a enchilada. I don't get where you come off thinking that, because someone who you think is a troll (and, btw, plenty of us agree) happened to post something in this thread, makes it open season to say whatever the hell you want.

I wasn't posting that to be an "enchilada". It was initially just meant to be a harmeless jab, since I knew he couldn't break character... It was when "she" responded to me with that schtick acting like an offended female asking why I'd bring up spanking in a child abuse thread that I felt the need to call a spade a spade.

I've lived this thread, gotten my ass turned purple with a cutting board, so I don't know why the heat for telling a troll to take the schtick elsewhere.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't posting that to be an "enchilada". It was initially just meant to be a harmeless jab, since I knew he couldn't break character... It was when "she" responded to me with that schtick acting like an offended female asking why I'd bring up spanking in a child abuse thread that I felt the need to call a spade a spade.

I've lived this thread, gotten my ass turned purple with a cutting board, so I don't know why the heat for telling a troll to take the schtick elsewhere.

Call a spade a spade? Again, H8 started by saying he couldn't watch it, you made some stupid "jab" as you say it, and then went back for more when he rightly wondered what spanking had to do with the ass-kicking that girl got from her dad.

At each step, you escalated, plain and simple.

Sorry dude, I like you and typically find myself on the same side of arguments as you, but I'm truly baffled by your logic here.

Call a spade a spade? Again, H8 started by saying he couldn't watch it, you made some stupid "jab" as you say it, and then went back for more when he rightly wondered what spanking had to do with the ass-kicking that girl got from her dad.

If I'd thought "she" was being genuine, I obviously wouldn't have fired back... It's the fact that I think (still do), "she" was just trolling for responses, albeit in a more subtle way in this particular thread. So just because the troll is being subtly disengenuous, I'm supposed to take that at face value?

Sorry, but when a guy who I can plainly see is going around playing a character tells me "I can only imagine the horrors in your closet if you imagine that abuse was a 'spanking'. :wacko: ", (clearly schtick, knowing who it is), no I'm not going to take him seriously, and am going to fire back when they're playing that game in a thread that is in fact a sensitive issue for me (I was deathly afraid and balled crying when I knew I was going to feel my Granddad's wrath.)

Anyways, I really am sorry to derail the thread, which is probably what he wanted anyway.... I really don't care if he's trolling, but I'm not gonna take that schtick seriously in a thread like this...

If I'd thought "she" was being genuine, I obviously wouldn't have fired back... It's the fact that I think (still do), "she" was just trolling for responses, albeit in a more subtle way in this particular thread. So just because the troll is being subtly disengenuous, I'm supposed to take that at face value?

Sorry, but when a guy who I can plainly see is going around playing a character tells me "I can only imagine the horrors in your closet if you imagine that abuse was a 'spanking'. :wacko: ", (clearly schtick, knowing who it is), no I'm not going to take him seriously, and am going to fire back when they're playing that game in a thread that is in fact a sensitive issue for me (I was deathly afraid and balled crying when I knew I was going to feel my Granddad's wrath.)

Anyways, I really am sorry to derail the thread, which is probably what he wanted anyway.... I really don't care if he's trolling, but I'm not gonna take that schtick seriously in a thread like this...

I honestly believe you over-thought this.

Ignore is your friend.

I honestly believe you over-thought this.

Maybe so, but I certainly didn't intend to come in here and make a big deal over it; But a troll is a troll and an alias is an alias whether they're pretending to be genuine or not. I mean, how can I assume it's not schtick if you have a dude posting under an alias as a chick?

Ignore is your friend.

Dually noted. I'm sorry I gave the impression that I give a crap about some lame troll alias, so let's just drop it already...

Maybe so, but I certainly didn't intend to come in here and make a big deal over it; But a troll is a troll and an alias is an alias whether they're pretending to be genuine or not. I mean, how can I assume it's not schtick if you have a dude posting under an alias as a chick?

Dually noted. I'm sorry I gave the impression that I give a crap about some lame troll alias, so let's just drop it already...

Man - I am amazed at how serious a lot of you people take this. Who really cares if someone is a troll or an alias or whatever - this is a frickin message board!!!!

Edited by gbpfan1231

Man - I am amazed at how serious a lot of you people take this. Who really cares if someone is a troll or an alias or whatever - this is a frickin message board!!!!

+1. well, at least he doesnt give a crap about the alias. :wacko:

As far as the video, I think I am glad it is blocked at work.

• 3 weeks later...

This part was news to me:

Meanwhile, a ruling is expected today on whether Judge William Adams can continue to have "unsupervised visits with his 10-year-old daughter," the Corpus Christi Caller reports. The judge and his wife divorced in 2007 and have had joint custody of their younger child.

Too late for criminal charges, but hopefully the court orders supervised visits only. Would hate to think he's beating the crap out of the other daughter too.

• 11 months later...
Adams doesn't come up for re-election until 2014. However, county commissioners voted earlier this year to cut his 2013 salary by 1.6 percent to $144,000. Other elected county officials received a 2 percent cost-of-living increase.

Also, Adams may no longer preside over the physical domestic abuse cases that previously comprised much of his court docket. At the time the investigation began, Commissioner Howard Baldwin of the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services had told County Attorney Richard Bianchi that the department did not believe Adams could serve in the best interest of children and parents in abuse or neglect cases. Bianchi told the Corpus Christi Caller-Times on Tuesday that the agency has modified its request to apply only to cases involving violence with children, which will be filed in state district court.

Well at least there is that.

Tangent: How the hell is that even a penalty? Isn't that what most call vacation? I want to be suspended with pay.

Yep a one year paid ($140K) vacation. But we're forgetting all the mental anguish and humiliation. Plus his wife divorced him. Poor guy, he'll never be the same.