[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

new top chef

Bier Meister

i like that the contestants have to earn their coats. interesting 1st challenge for everyone... people have to show their chops a bit more... exposes weaknesses quicker.

Agreed. Last night's challenges beat the hell out of someone peeling and chopping an apple to survive the first show. Thought the lineup was stronger than previous seasons as well.

Agreed. Last night's challenges beat the hell out of someone peeling and chopping an apple to survive the first show. Thought the lineup was stronger than previous seasons as well.

Yeah..... a lot of beards, "rising/new" chef winners, execs, higher sous.

It would have been fantastic if they'd done an hour and a half and gotten the last batch through. I really didn't feel like I'd seen an whole episode, you know?

That said a LOT of talent was in the kitchen, and there were some very good-looking dishes that didn't earn jackets.

Peace

policy

I agree. We get rid of the chefs who don't belong there right from the beginning rather than relying only on an audition tape. I thought it was hysterical when Colicchio kicked off "confident" chef before he even cooked based on his lack of butchering skills. And what the hell was a vegan chef doing trying to get on Top Chef?

It would have been fantastic if they'd done an hour and a half and gotten the last batch through. I really didn't feel like I'd seen an whole episode, you know?

That said a LOT of talent was in the kitchen, and there were some very good-looking dishes that didn't earn jackets.

Peace

policy

Agree.... they should have gotten everyone through on the first show. Felt incomplete..... and even for its effeft I am no no more compelled to tune in than if it were just the next stage in the competition.

I agree. We get rid of the chefs who don't belong there right from the beginning rather than relying only on an audition tape. I thought it was hysterical when Colicchio kicked off "confident" chef before he even cooked based on his lack of butchering skills. And what the hell was a vegan chef doing trying to get on Top Chef?

I have np with a vegan trying out, but if you get a shot, how can you not brush up on your weaknesses? If this were anythingi would ever do, I know exactly what I am practicing before I leave home.

I have np with a vegan trying out, but if you get a shot, how can you not brush up on your weaknesses? If this were anythingi would ever do, I know exactly what I am practicing before I leave home.

If you don't cook with beef/chicken/dairy/fish and then enter into a competition against talented chefs who utilize these ingredients on a daily basis, it seems a bit fantastic to think that you're going to have a shot in this type of competition.

If you don't cook with beef/chicken/dairy/fish and then enter into a competition against talented chefs who utilize these ingredients on a daily basis, it seems a bit fantastic to think that you're going to have a shot in this type of competition.

He had mentioned that it had been X amount of years since he used them. If he were decent it would have come back with a little practice.

It astounds me that these guys aren't putting in practice time to cover all the gaps. I also watch Chopped and you would think that these contestants would have their partners throwing together weird baskets every other day to try and help them at least get the timing right.

Defintely enjoyed the first show but wish they would've done a longer episode and got the initial 16 chefs determined. I also enjoyed Mr "I wrote a cookbook in 3 weeks" getting booted for not knowing how to butcher that cut of pork. Kinda sucked for the one chef that needed the tenderloin that he mangled to nothingness.

Defintely enjoyed the first show but wish they would've done a longer episode and got the initial 16 chefs determined. I also enjoyed Mr "I wrote a cookbook in 3 weeks" getting booted for not knowing how to butcher that cut of pork. Kinda sucked for the one chef that needed the tenderloin that he mangled to nothingness.

Yeah, but at least this early format gives her an opportunity to redeem herself rather than just being frakked by Butcher Boy.

I really like the way they have it set up this season. Weeding out the ones that shouldn't be there, before the real competition starts is a great move. The douchebag who completely botched that cut of pork never should have made it as far as he did.

I think they've definitely raised the bar, yet again, talent-wise. 2 guys from Moto? I think both those guys are gonna make it far. Paul Qui will do well. A few others stood out as well, but those 3 will be in the top 5 or 6, is my guess.

I went to CIA with Spike & shared a house with Marcel for 2 years, haha! I didn't know that Spike was on another show though?

I really like the way they have it set up this season. Weeding out the ones that shouldn't be there, before the real competition starts is a great move. The douchebag who completely botched that cut of pork never should have made it as far as he did.

I think they've definitely raised the bar, yet again, talent-wise. 2 guys from Moto? I think both those guys are gonna make it far. Paul Qui will do well. A few others stood out as well, but those 3 will be in the top 5 or 6, is my guess.

I went to CIA with Spike & shared a house with Marcel for 2 years, haha! I didn't know that Spike was on another show though?

Spike keeps trying to breakthrough and become that rock star chef but just keeps missing. He was just the first one out on the Next Iron Chef.

Paul Qui will do well.

I think so to. I happened to visit the Tyson Cole restaurants in Austin about a month ago and was absolutely blown away by the food I had at each. Actually, the only reason I went to Uchiko was because of my dinner at Uchi the night before. While they're clearly sister restaurants and you see a couple dishes at both, you can also see how much freedom Qui has at Uchiko. As soon as I saw him on the show, I told my wife that he was my pick to win it.....then I didn't see him on any of the previews for the rest of the season. We'll see.