[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

F*cking amazing dip

Swiss Cheezhead

Not sure what inspired this, but it just appeared in my head and turned out to be awesome.

12 oz sour cream

10 oz feta cheese (pureed)

1 avocado (skinned and pitted)

1/3 cup bacon (finely crumbled)

8 grape tomatoes (pureed)

3 jalapenos (cored, not deseeded, chopped fine)

2 teaspoons cilantro (finely chopped)

After you peel and core the avocado, you can probably just throw everything in a blender/Magic Bullet and call it good. I was experimenting with flavors a bit, so I did some manual chopping.

After trying multiple options, tortilla chips proved to be the best dipping option.

I'd put cilantro on my wife's kitty if she didn't think it was weird. :wacko:

Love that crap.

If my wife's kitty smelled like cilantro I'd make her wash that thing out.

I hate cilantro, horrible, horrible herb. I remember walking through an outdoor market in Ecuador, the aroma of cilantro was sickening, it overpowered the pollution and bins of dead fish and other animals that I am accustomed to in foreign outdoor markets.

If my wife's kitty smelled like cilantro I'd make her wash that thing out.

I hate cilantro, horrible, horrible herb. I remember walking through an outdoor market in Ecuador, the aroma of cilantro was sickening, it overpowered the pollution and bins of dead fish and other animals that I am accustomed to in foreign outdoor markets.

Same here. Not a fan of cilantro. If I do use it, I use 1/2 of what the recipe calls for.

that dip sounds pretty tasty! I'll give it a shot for sure.

I love me some cilantro! Love the smell & flavor.....

FYI, the stems of cilantro have more intense flavor than the leaves....so I'll make salsa with the stems & use the leaves for chopping up & topping tacos with.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
FYI, I've now made this dip with yellow (first time) and red (second time) grape tomatoes. I didn't think it would make a difference, so I didn't mention it in the recipe above...but it does. Yellow grape tomatoes are a little sweeter and much better with this dip.

I'm so going to have to try this.