[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ruby Tuesdays

nuke'em ttg

there was one pretty close to us in colorado. i remember them changing their menu (and it got worse imo). everything was served with a pasty parm cream sauce. burgers were good. ribs were ok.

Edited by Bier Meister

they took the pudding off the salad bar in an effort to have folks buy dessert. The backlash was sick. I don't go often but when I do, I bring this up to the servers and they get pretty defensive.

I know because a couple coworkers used to go and mentioned it.

they took the pudding off the salad bar in an effort to have folks buy dessert. The backlash was sick. I don't go often but when I do, I bring this up to the servers and they get pretty defensive.

I know because a couple coworkers used to go and mentioned it.

Or in the one song thread: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DVCgKsqn30

Used to be a great place to get a great $7 burger. Every time I go (about once a year), they've moved it further upmarket. Had their Sunday Brunch menu and it was great, but ridiculously pricy.

Peace

policy

Glanced at the 1/2 rack price and knew my stomach was ready but not my billfold, can't even remember the price i just blocked it out :wacko:

Burger King is a step above Applebees. By far the worst of the Chili's, TGIFriday's, Ruby Tuesday's crowd.

I agree, Applebee's is pretty horrible. Has to be one of the worst chain restaurants. The other three you mention above are actually decent if you know what to order, especially Friday's. Though to me these places are only an option if I'm traveling and can't find a good local spot online or via word of mouth.

Where we used to live there was a Ruby Tuesdays really close by and we went there for their salad bar a handful of times, only because we had nothing better around.

While my FIL was in Hospice In Brunswick, the wife, MIL and I went to grab a quick bite... at Applebee's (their perception was that it would be quicker than Longhorn) I ordered a burger, because, well, I wasn't too interested in the other stuff they had and really, how can you screw up a burger.

First off, the waitress was a moron and could screw up, well, a burger order...

Ordered my burger MR, after we had waited about 30 minutes for our order and the waitress finally came back by, I inquired as to the status of our food, she got a startled look on her face and said 'It will be right out."

About 30 seconds later, here she comes with our food... My MIL's salad was hot, the cheese melted, guess it got stuck under the heating lamp at expo. My wife's pasta dish, well, it just looked unappetizing. My Bacon cheeseburger...

No lettuce (which I requested be included)

No onion (which I requested be included)

No tomato (which I requested be included)

Severely over cooked - think beef jerky, seriously

Cheese on half the burger

Top bun adhered to the burger half that had the cheese on it, conveniently enough, only half the burger was covered by the bun which could not be extricated from the burger due to the fusion of the cheese, burger, bun combo to be placed fully on the burger.

Half the cheese melted on the plate/basket thingy

Bun was cracker-like

Pickles (which I had them exclude)

9 French Fries (seriously, 9)

Ketchup

what appeared to be two pieces of day old, over cooked, half crumbled bacon

I took one look at it, looked up at the waitress and said, 'Ma'am, may I see your manger please?"

Out comes the manager... He looks at my plate and you can see his mouth almost drop. I kind of snicker and say "Yeah..."

I tell him that I can't even begin to eat this burger, he understands. I tell him only one other thing... "I cant believe your expediter let this out of the kitchen in this shape..." He absolutely concurred.

He offered me a new meal. I declined, I just had him deduct the cost of my food. Tipped the waitress 10% (which is my absolute, bare minimum), wife and MIL were too hungry to send their food back. Got the hell outta there and will probably never go back to an Applebee's, period.

I dont know how this turned into an applebee's bashing thread but I like it. It is definitely the worst sit down restaurant in the history of terrible restaurants. Their food sucks. I was convinced to go there for a work meeting and I got the steak and shrimp. The steak was dry and shrimp were waxy, and all the food was overpriced.

I dont know how this turned into an applebee's bashing thread but I like it. It is definitely the worst sit down restaurant in the history of terrible restaurants. Their food sucks. I was convinced to go there for a work meeting and I got the steak and shrimp. The steak was dry and shrimp were waxy, and all the food was overpriced.

I am ashamed to admit that I once ordered salmon there. The results were what you'd expect. Well no, I didn't end up in the hospital, it was just inedible.

My BIL worked with a janitorial supply company, and one of the stops was at an Applebees before they opened for the day. He saw same rather unsanitary food prepping processes there, including prepping food on the floor and he swore he would never eat there after seeing that.

May have been a local issue as that specific restaurant was ordered closed by the health department a couple times but is back open

My BIL worked with a janitorial supply company, and one of the stops was at an Applebees before they opened for the day. He saw same rather unsanitary food prepping processes there, including prepping food on the floor and he swore he would never eat there after seeing that.

May have been a local issue as that specific restaurant was ordered closed by the health department a couple times but is back open

Everyone says these things, yet Applebees is everywhere. I need answers.