[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Suh

piratesownninjas

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good for the game? The game doesn't need this to start happening. If they allow Suh to get away with this, it will spread. Like I said, it is only a matter of time before he does permanent damage to somebody. The fact that fans are apathetic to it is a bit surprising to me. If the NFL doesn't do something major about this, other players will. I'm surprised some of his own teammates haven't stepped up against him yet.

again...-the guy was'nt hurt. this kinda stuff goes on all the time. Suhs' reputation precedes him. -it's good for the game. ...-if you don't have the intestinal fortitude for it, by all means change the channel...go watch something a little milder like MMA or Women's soccer. :wacko:

Everyone likes hard-hitting football, but the wrestling moves and the girly kicking has got to go. I'm a diehard football fan and have no interest in that. If this was MMA then kick away. It's not.

The Colts don't like hard hitting football after those games against the Pats. Harrison hit the ground so many times in those games before the hit that you thought people were shooting at him this time instead of the other way around.

I'm surprised Goodell hasn't announced the punishment yet. I'm guessing two game suspension and a revocation of Suh's privilege of summoning the commissioner for a meeting whenever he feels like it :wacko:

He will review next week during the normal time he does those.

No he still has not apologized. He has justified himself so that Detroit fans will rally around him and so that the league might give him a break. See when one transgresses against another his apology goes to the person transgressed against, not to third parties. It is simple really, but something beyond his grasp and the grasp of his organization apparently. It also seems beyond the grasp of some in the media.

I'm surprised Goodell hasn't announced the punishment yet. I'm guessing two game suspension and a revocation of Suh's privilege of summoning the commissioner for a meeting whenever he feels like it :wacko:

Discipline matters are almost always meted out the following week. Look for something Tuesday or Wednesday after Suh gets to fly to the league offices.

again...-the guy was'nt hurt. this kinda stuff goes on all the time. Suhs' reputation precedes him. -it's good for the game. ...-if you don't have the intestinal fortitude for it, by all means change the channel...go watch something a little milder like MMA or Women's soccer. :wacko:

Stomping on players after the whistle is never "good for the game". maybe you shoudl watch MMA, football might be too civilized for you. There are things called "rules" in football

Detroit coach Jim Schwartz was curt after Thursday's defeat when asked if he was worried about a possible suspension.

"I'm worried about losing this game," Schwartz said.

Well, now we see where DET players get thier attitude from. Between this and the incident with Harbaugh, Schwartz is starting to look like a bag of dicks as a HC.

Immediately after the game, Suh defended himself, saying he was trying to keep his balance while freeing himself from the brief scuffle. He publically apologized to teammates, coaches and fans Thursday for "allowing the refs to have an opportunity to take me out of this game," but he insisted he didn't intentionally step on anyone.

"People are going to have their own opinions - that's fine," he said after the game. "The only (people) that I really care about are my teammates, my true fans and my coaches and their opinions, and that's where it lies. And honestly, the most important person in this whole thing that I have to deal with is the man upstairs."

In his Friday statement on Facebook, he said he'd had more time to reflect.

"Playing professional sports is not a game," he said. "It is a profession with great responsibility, and where performance on and off the field should never be compromised. It requires a calm and determined demeanor, which cannot be derailed by the game, referee calls, fans or other players."

How about being derailed by incredibly stupid behavior of his own? So the criminal continues to blame the cops and the eyewitnesses. Class act there, chump.

Edited by Bronco Billy

why? did anyone even get hurt in the slightest?

Being hurt is now the bar for penalties? Great, the NFL will either turn into the WWF (Son of a bitch! Where did that chair come from?) or pro soccer (Man, it looked like the guy got brushed, but then he looks like he got shot with a .44 with the way way he went down. Wait! He's up again now that the ref made the call...)

Being hurt is now the bar for penalties?

It makes a difference, don't you think?

If Suh beaks Butrous Boutrous-Gali's humerus, the penalty would and should be more severe than if it "only" left cleat marks.

My take, Jim Schwartz also needs to be held accountable. Playing dirty is a turnoff to the fan at large thus weakens the NFL product.

Teams look at every play of every game and when the Packers Coaching warns their players about how the Lions play the game before hand it shows the difference in coaching especially when the prophecy happens.

The Lions deserve their reputation as an undisciplined team and the coaching staff looks like idiots for not stopping it. We all were impressed by the Lions early on as a team on the rise playing hard but it is becoming obvious they have crossed the lined.

Suh, no doubt deserves a suspension as the new Haynesworth, who was given a 5 game suspension for a similar act. Sad really as he has Ngata talent with Haynesworth's brain. Suh could be considered the best in the league but today, he is just another thug without the sense to play a mans game like a professional.

It would not surprise to see a at least a 2-game suspension but I also think their coach deserves a significant fine for not being able to control his players. Of course all teams get personal fouls due to stupidity of players but my guess is the Lions are leading the league in the dirty variety of penalties and this goes to coaching.

The Lions are becoming an embarrassment to the league. They have managed to turn a great story about a team on the rise to a team viewed with dirty cheating players.

Having no honor as professionals is a reputation that will be tough to overcome. Obviously, they have several great players doing it the right way, but they are a team and the team looks foolish.

They have a coaching problem....What are they are teaching these guys?

Suh is a great talent, maybe someone should instill in him to rise above being a thug. I hope he gets a suspension to sit back and think about the image he is projecting.

Edited by Ice1

It makes a difference, don't you think?

If Suh beaks Butrous Boutrous-Gali's humerus, the penalty would and should be more severe than if it "only" left cleat marks.

We punish intent coupled with action. Results are often aggravating factors, but being subject to many variables are rarely the question.

Edited by Ditkaless Wonders