[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Suh

piratesownninjas

I have only seen three Detroit games this year. I admit that is not a full sample of their work. I have noticed, however, that teams are helping out less on Suh this year than they were in the past. It has been very noticeable.

I can't say if they are using shorter patterns against the Lions to negate his pass rush, but I did notice the Packers using W.R. screens more frequently than I remember them doing, and running a few more screens. If that is in fact true Suh has still had an effect.

I also notice teams running at Suh a little more and I believe I saw the Packer actually run a counter into his gap. If that is also a trend teams are trying to neutralize his pursuit and instead are letting guards attack him rather than respond to him.

My take, Suh is in a sophomore slump, knows it, and is frustrated by that and is acting out in frustration.

:wacko:

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that teams are scheming against him is evidence enough that he is THAT good. Look at Julius Peppers, he isn't the sack master he used to be, but he is still one of the best at his position. Stats don't really apply when it comes to Suh's position. Just because he doesn't get as many hits on Quarterback doesn't diminish his role and importance in that defense. Maybe if HE knew that, he wouldn't make such stupid moves.

Sitton has beat him 1 on 1 the majority of the times they've gone against each other. On the play prior to the stomp, Evan Deitrich Smith man handled him. Suh is not Warren Sapp. Suh is good. Not great yet.

I hate to say this and I don't know if it is legal, but maybe the Lions and Schwartz should send a message to Suh and suspend him for another week.

I want my team to make the playoffs as bad as anyone, but this crap has got to stop. I am convinced the dirty play and immature behavior is a direct result of the way this team is coached. Time to take the next step and play like professionals.

What are you clapping about? What, the guy who robs 7-11s with a gun deserves applause for not shooting someone? He's escalated the situation and put people in imminent danger despite that he hasn't shot someone yet. That's why the consequence increases. And that's why the karma tag absolutely fits.

Damn, it's downright comical the way some people twist themselves into knots to defend turds like this.

What are you clapping about? What, the guy who robs 7-11s with a gun deserves applause for not shooting someone? He's escalated the situation and put people in imminent danger despite that he hasn't shot someone yet. That's why the consequence increases. And that's why the karma tag absolutely fits.

Damn, it's downright comical the way some people twist themselves into knots to defend turds like this.

Maybe he has internal bleeding and he's going to die.

Keep your fingers crossed.

wow. you're really out there. :wacko: -talk about twisting yourself into a knot.

So he jumps a curb, hits a pole, a fountain and a tree at 1:15 AM. How'd he manage that without alcohol? As good as he is and as intelligent (I can't really say he's smart at this point) as he is, he is starting to wear on me. Of all the players to crash their car late at night, it had to be him with all this other crap surrounding him at the moment. Grow up a little bit already. He's becoming a pretty big distraction IMO.

So he jumps a curb, hits a pole, a fountain and a tree at 1:15 AM. How'd he manage that without alcohol? As good as he is and as intelligent (I can't really say he's smart at this point) as he is, he is starting to wear on me. Of all the players to crash their car late at night, it had to be him with all this other crap surrounding him at the moment. Grow up a little bit already. He's becoming a pretty big distraction IMO.

The pole, fountain and tree have never seen a person of his ability before and just cant contain a man of his power, size and speed.

Plus the seatbelt was holding him, so he had to teach it a lesson.

Maybe he has internal bleeding and he's going to die.

Keep your fingers crossed.

The obvious implications, which everyone but you and hook seem to see and which the league legislates against, is that dirty play greatly increases the risk of injury as well as operating outside the boundaries of the sport and ethical behavior on the field. Just because an injury didn't occur doesn't preclude the risk.

The only question I have is whether you and hook understand this very simple concept and are being intentionally obtuse for the sake of amusement, or wheher this simple concept is just too complex for you two to comprehend.

Wow the Suh hatred is strong here.

Karma, please!

40 year old Chevy Coupe, I figure its probably some old customized classic, not some 40 year old beater.

Lost control, no alcohol involved. Too much power, sloppy stearing, mushy suspension etc.

You guys are acting like the guy walked into a night club with a loaded pistol in his sweats and shot himself in the leg.

Could be there's more to the story. But if police say he wasn't impaired, I'll take their word for it.

As far as him doing ads for Chrysler and this happening in a Chevy, do you think anybody that does an ad for a product is barred from using any competing product?

BB

"What, the guy who robs 7-11s with a gun deserves applause for not shooting someone?"

Really you're comparing a guy who was driving a car and lost control to a criminal robbing a store with a gun? Tebow is really clouding your brain.

Edited by stevegrab

Wow the Suh hatred is strong here.

Karma, please!

40 year old Chevy Coupe, I figure its probably some old customized classic, not some 40 year old beater.

Lost control, no alcohol involved. Too much power, sloppy stearing, mushy suspension etc.

You guys are acting like the guy walked into a night club with a loaded pistol in his sweats and shot himself in the leg.

Could be there's more to the story. But if police say he wasn't impaired, I'll take their word for it.

As far as him doing ads for Chrysler and this happening in a Chevy, do you think anybody that does an ad for a product is barred from using any competing product?

BB

"What, the guy who robs 7-11s with a gun deserves applause for not shooting someone?"

Really you're comparing a guy who was driving a car and lost control to a criminal robbing a store with a gun? Tebow is really clouding your brain.

dont think its that ...actually its BB going at Hook and ladder who has embarrassed himself immensely in this thread ....

The obvious implications, which everyone but you and hook seem to see and which the league legislates against, is that dirty play greatly increases the risk of injury as well as operating outside the boundaries of the sport and ethical behavior on the field. Just because an injury didn't occur doesn't preclude the risk.

The only question I have is whether you and hook understand this very simple concept and are being intentionally obtuse for the sake of amusement, or wheher this simple concept is just too complex for you two to comprehend.

Thanks for the lecture professor.

My commentary is directed to the drama. Wailing. Tooth gnashing. Sobbing. Believing that Suh's automobile accident (involving another person no less) was deserved or was part of some type of cosmic justice. (Deacon Jones is still alive. Where is the justice?) The indignity of it all.

All over a dirty football player.

Man the fck up.