[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Suh

piratesownninjas

If I may...

First off, I'm not a Bears fan, or a Packers fan or a Vikings fan. In fact, the only times I can remember rooting against the Lions IN MY ENTIRE LIFETIME is when they've played the Niners. That's it. I mean, who the hell roots against the freaking Lions? It's like rooting against the Clippers or people out here on Tobacco Rd. rooting against NC St. OK, maybe RR is old enough to remember when they were actually good (and, no, I'm not talking about the oh-so-brief "Scott Mitchell era") so maybe he's got something against Bobby Lane. Who knows.

None the less, I actually liked Suh coming out of college. I thought he should have gone #1 overall and was impressed, obviously by the fact that he was a game-changing beast, but that he also seemed like a bright kid. But I can't see how anyone not blinded by loyalty can defend him. He's playing dirty, plain and simple, and the fact that he asked for audience with the commish was a joke. Anyone with half a brain can look at the game tape and see that he pushes the line as far as he can, and sometimes a bit further than that.

So, the first guy who needs to grow a sack is him. Dude needs to be a man and not be a cheap-shot artist. He's too good, too strong, too talented to resort to that.

Others on the "grow a sack" list?

1) The rest of that D, who acted like punks because their own offense let them down. It's not freaking Cutler's fault that you turned the damned ball over 6 times. Go rip off Stafford's helmet. Go take out your punter's knees. Is there anything more pathetic than watching a team get chippy when they're getting blown out?

2) The coach, who came away from the "shake-gate" saga looking like a total effing chimicanga. Plain and simple. My boy Harbaugh needed to chill out until he got to the locker room, but I'd like to thank Schwarz for acting like such a tool that he nearly got Harbaugh off the hook.

3) The entire organization. You've been given your pick amongst the best college players basically every year for the last 20, and you still suck. You teased us this year, but now sit on the verge of disappointing everyone who just wants to see the Washington Generals beat the Globetrotters and all their silly moves, just once.

4) Any Lions fan who ever implies that any vitriol directed towards that team or its players is based in envy. "You just wish he was on your team". OK, perhaps, but I'll say that I never defended roided out pricks like Bonds and Romanowski when they played in SF. I certainly wasn't going to argue with the production, but I didn't exactly have their backs. But, more importantly, there's basically no fan of any team in the NFL who has any envy what-so-ever towards the Lions.

That is all.

You need to cut us Lions fans some slack. We don't know how to act when our team becomes semi-relevant.

I agree Suh doesn't need to play dirty, but I don't mind him playing nasty.Suh brought the Lions some intensity, but he does need to tone it down because it is starting to hurt a team that some people were actually rooting for as an underdog.

Both Schwartz and Harbaugh looked like idiots. One jumping around like a schoolgirl who just got a prom date and the other overreacting to a little pat on the back by said schoolgirl.

Our organization has sucked for 50 years. Ownership is beyond terrible, so when we do get a little something going we get excited. I don't think any football fan would wish to be a Lions fan. No envy there. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. One playoff win in 54 years. Sheesh!

Detroit is a rough town. Remember the Bad Boys and Probert/Kocur? While I don't believe in playing like a bunch of punks, it has been a popular approach for sports teams in our town. I'm not condoning it. It is just a fact.

Edited by lkirc

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you are a chicago fanatic. , your opinion means nothing because you have no real opinion.

just blind fanaticism

Been here less than a month and you read me like a book.

Good job! :wacko:

right, im sure you are the pillar of unbiased opinions on the subject of your teams "savior"

give me a break

How 'bout you give the rest of us a freaking break.

It hardly takes a Bears homer to realize that Suh is certainly crossing the line.

To this very unbiased eye (and, again, I was excited to see this kid play at the next level, really ever since I saw him dominate in the Big XII Championship game), it looks like he's looking to push the limits of what is allowed as often as possible and not really minding at all when he crosses it.

There's a difference between playing hard and, as a result, crossing the line every now and then, and seemingly testing the rules on each and every play.

Frankly, it bothers me a ton watching him play, because I don't see a guy trying to dominate, I see a guy trying to get away with as many bush-league moves as he can. Take your YouTube video. Any two-bit chump that's big enough can pull that stunt. He should be "better" than that.

How 'bout you give the rest of us a freaking break.

It hardly takes a Bears homer to realize that Suh is certainly crossing the line.

To this very unbiased eye (and, again, I was excited to see this kid play at the next level, really ever since I saw him dominate in the Big XII Championship game), it looks like he's looking to push the limits of what is allowed as often as possible and not really minding at all when he crosses it.

There's a difference between playing hard and, as a result, crossing the line every now and then, and seemingly testing the rules on each and every play.

Frankly, it bothers me a ton watching him play, because I don't see a guy trying to dominate, I see a guy trying to get away with as many bush-league moves as he can. Take your YouTube video. Any two-bit chump that's big enough can pull that stunt. He should be "better" than that.

We are talking about this specific play. Do I think Suh pushes the limits? Yes. Did he in the game vs Chicago? Yes. Is this play a good example of him getting out of line? No. Not trying to bring generalizations into the discussion of this play. Perhaps that is where I am out of line, as everyone seems to be thinking I am calling him incapable of rational thought.

Anyways I can be brash and passionately opinionated. Not trying to start fights.

Look at the play and tell me he has the presence and coordination to intentionally get under cutlers helmet there and rip it off. Its like imagining a slow-mo scene from a blockbuster action flick.

Take your YouTube video. Any two-bit chump that's big enough can pull that stunt. He should be "better" than that.

ok.. cutler was a live runner and he didnt cheap shot him from behind. he ragdolled him and honestly it should pump the D up and demoralize the O. instead it was called some BS foul. he could have gone a lot worse routes there. wrapping him up from behind in a legal tackle, wrapping his arms and slamming him face first to the ground would be much more likely to injure him but wouldn't even be talked about.

We are talking about this specific play. Do I think Suh pushes the limits? Yes. Did he in the game vs Chicago? Yes. Is this play a good example of him getting out of line? No. Not trying to bring generalizations into the discussion of this play. Perhaps that is where I am out of line, as everyone seems to be thinking I am calling him incapable of rational thought.

Anyways I can be brash and passionately opinionated. Not trying to start fights.

Look at the play and tell me he has the presence and coordination to intentionally get under cutlers helmet there and rip it off. Its like imagining a slow-mo scene from a blockbuster action flick.

Whether the intent was to rip his helmet off or simply the result of being reckless and going after the QBs head is not a distinction that matters much to me. I've watched enough football to know that you can hit a QB pretty hard and his helmet doesn't often end up in your hands. Suh has managed that feat twice already this year and so I'm inclined to believe that it has much to do with a blatant disregard for good sportsmanship.

And that's my point. He needs to figure out how to play hard without ripping the helmet off the QB's head as often as he seems to be doing so.

ok.. cutler was a live runner and he didnt cheap shot him from behind. he ragdolled him and honestly it should pump the D up and demoralize the O. instead it was called some BS foul. he could have gone a lot worse routes there. wrapping him up from behind in a legal tackle, wrapping his arms and slamming him face first to the ground would be much more likely to injure him but wouldn't even be talked about.

Dude, he "tackled" him by going after his head from behind. I see that as a cheap shot.

Helmets are coming off a lot. People don't use tight enough helmets cause they want to be comfortable. Some don't strap their chins in all the way. He tackles high, I think that is better than tackling low. He wants to rip their heads off. A lot of great defenders had that mentality. I just dont think we have seen many 6'4 300 pounds guys with his athleticism to go along with that mentality.

Seems people are asking him to cut his intensity, which probably isn't going to happen. A lot of his questionable plays aren't really questionable, but hes a scary dude. He does little cheap shots and late hits, yes, that makes him slightly dirty. But hes not out there trying to end careers.

Edited by coordi88

I don't know if anyone posted a link to the actual play.

Here it is:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlig...-exchange-words

While he did tackle his head, I don't think it compares to some of the other hits being mentioned. Not anywhere near as dangerous as some of his previous junk or the Harrison hits.

I don't know if anyone posted a link to the actual play.

Here it is:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlig...-exchange-words

While he did tackle his head, I don't think it compares to some of the other hits being mentioned. Not anywhere near as dangerous as some of his previous junk or the Harrison hits.

It was hard to see what Cutler said, by I hope it was "check the scoreboard, b!tch"

And, for the record, I'm not a fan of Rodney Harrison either.

Edited by detlef

FWIW, it seems as though Suh is trying to work through some repressed homosexual tendancies. It probably doesn't help that players on other teams tease him about it constantly. A little more understanding from others and Suh probably wouldn't be such a bag of dicks.