[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Suh

piratesownninjas

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A thug is a thug.

I never thought I would see the day that people would say players tackle too hard. They should put an asterick by the NFL logo and in small print say, Not as violent as it used to be - family friendly!

Edited by WaterMan

A thug is a thug.

Yup. We pluck these young men out of the ghetto, take away their "gats" and "crack-rocks" and tell them, here, throw this ball into that hoop, or here, tackle that quarterback, and expect them to do these things nonviolently and with class? Please. Then we look around, astonished at all the illegitimate kids, and quarterbacks' heads rolling around on the turf, trying to make sense of it, looking for some scapegoat.

It's time to look inward, friends, and reexamine our own expectations of this "sport" we love. If you don't like "Ndamukong Suh", if that's even his real name, well guess what -- you created him. Maybe he'll rip your head off next, and maybe you burritoing deserve it. Practice saying baaaaaaaahhhhh...because the scapegoat is you.

Yup. We pluck these young men out of the ghetto, take away their "gats" and "crack-rocks" and tell them, here, throw this ball into that hoop, or here, tackle that quarterback, and expect them to do these things nonviolently and with class? Please. Then we look around, astonished at all the illegitimate kids, and quarterbacks' heads rolling around on the turf, trying to make sense of it, looking for some scapegoat.

It's time to look inward, friends, and reexamine our own expectations of this "sport" we love. If you don't like "Ndamukong Suh", if that's even his real name, well guess what -- you created him. Maybe he'll rip your head off next, and maybe you burritoing deserve it. Practice saying baaaaaaaahhhhh...because the scapegoat is you.

We need more players who can not only tackle, but tackle with passion. The Panthers are lacking players that can even tackle.

Suh's not from the ghetto. I've seen every play he played in college and a good amount of his pro games. I don't see him being any worse than most defensive (or even offensive) lineman. If he wasn't a high draft pick most people wouldn't pay that much attention to him. I'm sure Ngata is a real nice guy. Haynesworth stepped on a dudes face without a helmet on. Richard Seymour pulled some dudes hair out (I'd assume with chunks of skin) and basically said he meant to in the post game interview. A vikings player tried to kick a guy in the nuts. A Raiders LB a few years ago tried to knee Carlson in the jewels. S. Smith who plays D line for the Chiefs was accused of grabbing dudes in the junk twice last year. Incognito is a freaking lunatic and he is still in the league and barely anybody talks about him. Hell, I've seen borderline nobodies like Fasano get into more fights and nobody brings it up because he is a mediocre player on a bad team.

DTs aren't nice guys but if you take the backdrop of how nasty most lineman are, Suh is far more in the average range. Suh has made some plays in space because most D tackles aren't fast enough to catch a QB from behind. Cutler's helmet was a freak thing and if you are letting the perception of how dirty he is (especially if you've only seen a handful of his games) become the reality you paint everything by, than that is a you problem.

We need more players who can not only tackle, but tackle with passion. The Panthers are lacking players that can even tackle.

They still allow tackling in football? I thought you can only launch yourself at another player and hope to knock him down. The concept of wrapping up seems to have been removed from basic football skills. I understand the potential for injuries, but its maddening to watch these guys just bounce of tackles because so few will actually use their hands or arms to try and grab on.

Suh may play dirty, and if so the NFL and the Lions will deal with it. Or other players will take care of him. A bunch of people complaining about it (or defending him) on a message board are not going to make a difference.

Suh's not from the ghetto. I've seen every play he played in college and a good amount of his pro games. I don't see him being any worse than most defensive (or even offensive) lineman. If he wasn't a high draft pick most people wouldn't pay that much attention to him. I'm sure Ngata is a real nice guy. Haynesworth stepped on a dudes face without a helmet on. Richard Seymour pulled some dudes hair out (I'd assume with chunks of skin) and basically said he meant to in the post game interview. A vikings player tried to kick a guy in the nuts. A Raiders LB a few years ago tried to knee Carlson in the jewels. S. Smith who plays D line for the Chiefs was accused of grabbing dudes in the junk twice last year. Incognito is a freaking lunatic and he is still in the league and barely anybody talks about him. Hell, I've seen borderline nobodies like Fasano get into more fights and nobody brings it up because he is a mediocre player on a bad team.

DTs aren't nice guys but if you take the backdrop of how nasty most lineman are, Suh is far more in the average range. Suh has made some plays in space because most D tackles aren't fast enough to catch a QB from behind. Cutler's helmet was a freak thing and if you are letting the perception of how dirty he is (especially if you've only seen a handful of his games) become the reality you paint everything by, than that is a you problem.

+1

Has he been fined for this "dirty" hit where he tried to rip Cutler's head off? Has he been suspended?

Did he even get a penalty on the play everyone is making such a big deal about?

I understand he has made some dirty tackles with intent to injure in the past, but this isn't one of them.

Different era. There was a lot of things that were completely legal back then that aren't now.

Most of the people that are wailing and gnashing their teeth about Suh are complaining that he is too rough (e.g. trying to rip heads off), not that he's violating league rules/policies. Rough is rough, irrespective of era or rules.

Compared to some of the icons of the game, Suh is as heavy as a gentle summer rain.

The game has grown soft, as have many of its fans.

I know Lions fans really don't know how to argue for their team or their players since it's been a decade since anyone actually gave a ratsass , so it's understandable why they are trying to defend this classy player:

Rips off Dalton's helmet

Punches Logan Mankins

Tries to decapitate Jake Delhomme

:wacko:

I know Lions fans really don't know how to argue for their team or their players since it's been a decade since anyone actually gave a ratsass , so it's understandable why they are trying to defend this classy player:

Rips off Dalton's helmet

Tackles Dalton up high round the shoulders and throws him down. A boderline dirty play in today's NFL. Dalton's helmet comes off when another player hits Dalton. Suh didn't rip it off..

Punches Logan Mankins

That's not a punch. He shoves him in the face. Unsportsmanlike conduct worthy of a penalty.

The most ridiculous of them all. He pushes Cutler, a ball carrier, from behind really, really hard. The announcers pretty much got it right.

A dirty play for which he should have been fined and was.

Soft league. Soft fans. Bring out the belts with the flags on them and everyone can put their tissues away.

Rips off Dalton's helmet

Punches Logan Mankins

I have no issue with the first 2, third was maybe a bit aggressive but I'll take that passion and intimidation factor on my team any day. The last was blatant and deserved a bigger fine and a suspension too IMO. Makes absolutely zero sense that the Cutler hit was a $15,000 fine and the Delhomme hit was $7,500. That's a big part of the problem too, we can legitimately complain that the NFL is trying to pussify the game but they are inconsistent and ambiguous on top of that. Has to be frustrating for the players when the rules seem to shift from week to week. Let them play tough and physical, but when you have a legit infraction, don't fine them .005% of their salary, friggin throw the book at them, 6 figures and at least a game suspension for really blatant hits.

There has to be some common sense when you're talking about players of unprecedented size running at unprecedented speed. I've seen a lot of hits get flagged when there was no intent to hit illegally but the ballcarrier shifted at the last second, so the tackler was now hitting his head instead of his chest, for example. 99% of the time, I say let them play. It's a violent game which they willingly signed up to play.

Rips off Dalton's helmet

Punches Logan Mankins

:tup: ...thanks, those were awsome. i agree, Suh is good.