[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

eagleford shale boom in south TX

Scooby

an area that was very poor in the past all of a sudden has incredible job growth (or potential) b/c of oil and gas discovery...based on this article and what my dad has been telling me he's read in the local papers down there, the companies are having a very hard time filling jobs--anything from trucking and hauling/other related oil and gas field jobs and beyond because people cant pass a drug test! Very sad IMO:

http://eaglefordshaleblog.com/2011/11/02/e...obs-not-filled/

an area that was very poor in the past all of a sudden has incredible job growth (or potential) b/c of oil and gas discovery...based on this article and what my dad has been telling me he's read in the local papers down there, the companies are having a very hard time filling jobs--anything from trucking and hauling/other related oil and gas field jobs and beyond because people cant pass a drug test! Very sad IMO:

http://eaglefordshaleblog.com/2011/11/02/e...obs-not-filled/

Script virus in link. Don't click.

HTM/ScrInject.B.Gen Virus

False positive? Anyone else getting this?

Edited by 10g_DBA

I would need to relocate, but that would me ny obstackle.

Whenever you want to go to work send me an updated resume. I talked to one of my peeps today and he knows someone hard up for help. I can't guarantee where you'll be going. You do need to start exercising though. Do as much as you can of this http://www.trainforstrength.com/workout1.shtml on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and walk 3 other days while resting one. Start drinking a gallon of water per day. You're gonna be on your feel for 8-14 hours per day. You need to get ready as fast as you can.

Don't sweat relocating, you might change towns every 2-3 months.

Edited by polksalet

ND and Montana are starving for workers also. so if you want to skip the deliverance initiation in texasssssssssssssssssssss.. head to the north. :tup:

DMD is getting wise. :wacko:

the cost of living in ND is astronomical right now. In Bowman some 1,000 sq ft houses are renting for 4k a month. In S. TX you can live in a travel trailer.

ND and Montana are starving for workers also. so if you want to skip the deliverance initiation in texasssssssssssssssssssss.. head to the north. :tup:

DMD is getting wise. :wacko:

This falls under the category of beautiful places to visit but wouldn't want to live there.

If you do decide to get into oil and gas BJ, let me know. At the very least, I may be able to help you out with some technical aspects of being a petroleum engineer, depending on your role.

This is a long, long way from petroleum engineering.

This would be a leap for me, as I am a P.E., but have no experience in that field, whether petroleum engineering nor on the area polk is describing. But on the other hand, there are no jobs available in my area of expertise.

You'll be an expert in four hours after you start. If you understand the concepts of lines, curves, and stationing you're good to good as an instrument operator. That would score you 100k.

You'll be an expert in four hours after you start. If you understand the concepts of lines, curves, and stationing you're good to good as an instrument operator. That would score you 100k.

Why not get a part time job working for a land surveyor and see how you like it?