[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Small Cafe

nuke'em ttg

Cafe vs ff drive up's  

26 members have voted

1. 1. menu please

• Small cafe on weekend
    • Small cafe everyday
    • Fast food drive up everyday & weekends
    • puddy

Define "small cafe." A good mom m pop place, yeah. I've yet to see a chain breakfast place that wasn't gross and crawling with screaming brats.

Have you ever been to the Original Pancake House?

no screaming brats at the one here and very good. Especially the bacon.

:wacko:

Actually, I'm not a big fan of waffles or pancakes as much as I am of more savory b-fasts. My perfect b-fast is an omelet, bacon, and home-fries.

Oh! Oh! Oh! What kind of omelet? For me, three cheeses, mushrooms, black olives, and Mrs. HR's homemade salsa on top. THAT's a breakfast.

Does Archie have something negative to say in just about every thread he posts in? Amazing stuff.

I'm in the same frame as others here...the clique cafe's have long waits on the weekends. There really isn't anything there that I can't make myself (that I want to eat), but we try to get out for breakfast at least 5-6 times per year.

Never hit fast food on the weekend, maybe 2 times a year now all together.

I know the kids like a sweeter breakfast, and the cafe's will have that option for them more often than my kitchen.

But, I voted Puddy.

Time is my daddy. I never have the time for a cafe in the morning.... when I do have time, I'd rather make my own breakfast. So, maybe once a weerk I do gho to Mickey D's for the 2 for $3 sausage mCMuffin with egg deal. That crap does still taste good.

Name the place.... do they habe Grade A maple syrup? No. I'll make my own pancakes (haven't done that in years) or just pop a couple waffles in the toaster and eat with Jones' sausage, Vermont grade A maple syrup. Nothing beats waffles/sausage. maple syrup, except eggs benedict.

Oh! Oh! Oh! What kind of omelet? For me, three cheeses, mushrooms, black olives, and Mrs. HR's homemade salsa on top. THAT's a breakfast.

I think my favorite is a simple goat cheese and herb. Though yours sounds great, and I'm sure the salsa is outstanding.

We have some great ones here in Bend. Alpenglow who smokes their own bacon. Victorian Cafe with the traditional menu, and always a line even on weekdays. McKays Cottage with a more contemporary menu, and Jake's Diner, your 50's diner-like breakfast, with their mainstay; biscuits and gravy--a very popular truck stop. Detlef liked Chow. I haven't eaten there, and it might be considered too upscale to be considered a "cafe".

But, my best memories comes from the Homemade Cafe in Berkeley, CA where I lived in my 20's, and a 5 minutes walk from my house. This is where my husband and I learned to make the best fried potatoes, fried up with onion and green peppers.