Sign in to follow this  
wiegie

Pujols to the Angels ($250 million for 10 years)

I am a hugh Cardinal fan and am not as upset about the move as I thought I would be. First I think this type of money would have hurt the Cards in the long term. Sure we keep him now but what about trying to stay competitive a few years from now? Second and you may call me crazy but I think we have already seen Alberts best years. This past seasons early struggles worried me a bit and he may be ready to start the slow decline. Will there be some great years ahead? Sure but I also wouldn't be at all surprised to see some duds sprinkled in as well.

I will miss Pujols but for the money I think the Cardinals are more likely to be a better team long term by letting him go.

This.

This.

yep

I wish the Cardinals had tried to lock him up 2 years ago, but oh well.

I"d be pissed if I were Pujols. ARod got better deals back in '01 and in '08...

+1

Jebus, baseball players make a lot of money. CJ2K had to hold out to get 35 mil. Pujohls gets 250mil. :wacko:

They have 81 home games per year in baseball vs. 8 home games in football. Lots extra seats being sold = more money to spend.

I am a hugh Cardinal fan and am not as upset about the move as I thought I would be. First I think this type of money would have hurt the Cards in the long term. Sure we keep him now but what about trying to stay competitive a few years from now? Second and you may call me crazy but I think we have already seen Alberts best years. This past seasons early struggles worried me a bit and he may be ready to start the slow decline. Will there be some great years ahead? Sure but I also wouldn't be at all surprised to see some duds sprinkled in as well.

I will miss Pujols but for the money I think the Cardinals are more likely to be a better team long term by letting him go.

I was thinking back on this thread this morning while looking over the standings. Great deal for both Pujols and the Cardinals. The Angels? Not so much!

They say he may be done for the year