[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pujols to the Angels ($250 million for 10 years)

wiegie

I am a hugh Cardinal fan and am not as upset about the move as I thought I would be. First I think this type of money would have hurt the Cards in the long term. Sure we keep him now but what about trying to stay competitive a few years from now? Second and you may call me crazy but I think we have already seen Alberts best years. This past seasons early struggles worried me a bit and he may be ready to start the slow decline. Will there be some great years ahead? Sure but I also wouldn't be at all surprised to see some duds sprinkled in as well.

I will miss Pujols but for the money I think the Cardinals are more likely to be a better team long term by letting him go.

This.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I am a hugh Cardinal fan and am not as upset about the move as I thought I would be. First I think this type of money would have hurt the Cards in the long term. Sure we keep him now but what about trying to stay competitive a few years from now? Second and you may call me crazy but I think we have already seen Alberts best years. This past seasons early struggles worried me a bit and he may be ready to start the slow decline. Will there be some great years ahead? Sure but I also wouldn't be at all surprised to see some duds sprinkled in as well.

I will miss Pujols but for the money I think the Cardinals are more likely to be a better team long term by letting him go.

I was thinking back on this thread this morning while looking over the standings. Great deal for both Pujols and the Cardinals. The Angels? Not so much!

• 1 month later...