[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brees only 31 yards shy of the record

Ursa Majoris

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Needs 31 more to break Marino's 27 year old single season passing record. We are in the third quarter so it looks like he'll do it with a game to spare.

I am going to guess that Colston catches the record breaker...and not only will he break the record, but he is the only QB in history with two 5000+ yard seasons.

EDIT: He also has 3 of the top 7 passing yardage seasons in NFL history too.

Edited by keggerz

If he plays next week, he could push the record close to 5,500.

no doubt, dude is just amazing...and as impressive as the yards is his completion percentage of 71.2%(currently best ever)...and only 5 times has a QB had a season comp % above 70% and brees has done it twice...other 3, ken anderson, montana & young

Edited by keggerz

no doubt, dude is just amazing...and as impressive as the yards is his completion percentage of 71.2%(currently best ever)...and only 5 times has a QB had a season comp % above 70% and brees has done it twice...other 3, ken anderson, montana & young

Great info here. :wacko:

Another Brees fact....9 times in NFL history has a QB thrown for 400 or more completions....Brees is the only one to do it more than once...he has done it four times...and with 14 more completions this year he will break Peytons record of 450 completions in a season...thus giving him 3 of the top 4 season (#1, 3 & 4)...and also #6.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/lead...ngle_season.htm

Another Brees fact....9 times in NFL history has a QB thrown for 400 or more completions....Brees is the only one to do it more than once...he has done it four times...and with 14 more completions this year he will break Peytons record of 450 completions in a season...thus giving him 3 of the top 4 season (#1, 3 & 4)...and also #6.

With a SB ring under his belt, he is fastly becoming a 1st ballot HOF'er.

because I'm curious and too lazy to look, do you have Marino's attempts vs. Brees' attempts in the record beaking season?

because I'm curious and too lazy to look, do you have Marino's attempts vs. Brees' attempts in the record beaking season?

yep...

Marino 564 attempts

362-564 5084

317.8 yards/game

Brees: 615 attempts (includes 32 pass attempts tonight)

437-615 5055

341.4 yards/game (thru 14 games)

EDIT:

Marino 14.0 Yards/Completion

Brees 11.5 Yards/Completion (thru 14 games)

Edited by keggerz

The way this game has gone since the OP, I think I've jinxed it.

Doesn't look like he is going to throw many more passes, but i still think he gets the 30 yards tonight...that is unless the Falcons have a 6+ minute possession here, which of course is doubtful.

Edited by keggerz

Doesn't look like he is going to throw many more passes, but i still think he gets the 30 yards tonight...that is unless the Falcons have a 6+ minute possession here, which of course is doubtful.

How about a dump to Sproles to get the 30? I'd like that.