[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ESPN Streak for the Cash

MTSuper7

I was just wondering if anyone else was playing this game on ESPN. It's free, and pretty fun. Some co-workers of mine have formed a group where we have a monthly contest - $5 to enter and the person with the longest streak of 8 or more (highest overall win% as tie breaker) gets the entire pot. I wasn't sure if there were any Huddlers out there trying to build a streak or if somehow a Huddle group existed.

Here's a link if you want to sign up or check it out: http://streak.espn.go.com

For what it's worth, I'm going in on the Red Wings tonight over St. Louis. The Red Wings' convincing win last night and now returning home... I think they are due to beat the Blues.

I have been hooked on this game since they rolled it out a few years back. Highest I ever got was 14 in a row. And I won a SFTC t-shirt too. This month started well with a W6... then right down the crapper like every other month. Without fail, I'm about a .500 picker every month.

Yeah, I have two different W7 streaks this month, including a current W7. I had a nice run on Christmas day, getting 6 in a row to end the day. The iPhone app makes it real easy. I tend to try to win 3 or 4 in a row quickly if I can, then slow down and try to pick just one play per day (sometimes two if I really like two). I was hoping we might use this thread to chat about plays we like and why. I'm always looking for an edge!

If I chicken out on the Red Wings tonight (and I'm a homer, so I doubt I will), the other play today I was leaning was Miami Heat Winning Margin (over Celtics 3-pointers made). I can totally see the Heat winning this game by double digits, and even if they don't, the Celtics only attempted 5 3-pointers in their loss at the Knicks. Even if that number doubles to 10, chances are good they make no more than half of those.

Yeah, I have two different W7 streaks this month, including a current W7. I had a nice run on Christmas day, getting 6 in a row to end the day. The iPhone app makes it real easy. I tend to try to win 3 or 4 in a row quickly if I can, then slow down and try to pick just one play per day (sometimes two if I really like two). I was hoping we might use this thread to chat about plays we like and why. I'm always looking for an edge!

If I chicken out on the Red Wings tonight (and I'm a homer, so I doubt I will), the other play today I was leaning was Miami Heat Winning Margin (over Celtics 3-pointers made). I can totally see the Heat winning this game by double digits, and even if they don't, the Celtics only attempted 5 3-pointers in their loss at the Knicks. Even if that number doubles to 10, chances are good they make no more than half of those.

Glad I stuck with the Red Wings, then took the Lakers right after. Looks like I'll go into tomorrow with a W9 streak intact!