[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My life is sad - Socks

Chief Dick

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, any of you metros wear the khaki's? I'm more of a jeans kinda guy given the nature of my work, but I do wear chinos from time-to-time. They just don't look right with the gray socks and the black is a bad contrast unless you're wearing black shoes to match. I have a couple pair of khaki socks, but the color never matches & always seems to make them stand out. Where is Hankk when you need him?

As a general rule, your socks need to match the shoes...and at that point, you'll know if with your pants if the colors don't work.

Thus, by definition, you shouldn't be wearing blue socks with beige pants, or grey socks with khaki pants.

From GQ...

Matching socks with shoes or pantsA coworker and I have an ongoing debate about whether one’s socks should match his shoes or his pants. What do you say?

The Style Guy can take only so much! I feel as if I have answered this question a hundred times, so I must have answered it at least four times in the past year. Are you all new readers? Are you not retaining what you read? (New research shows taking ibuprofen regularly helps to ward off Alzheimer’s.) Maybe I should begin every month with the same advice. OK: Your socks should probably not match your shoes because of the dreaded bootee effect. (Of course, if you’re dressing monochromatically—say, you’re wearing all black, lying in wait for some enemy outside his home at night—then it’s all right to wear matching shoes and socks.) You also may certainly match your socks to your trousers if you like, but matching your socks to your tie, your shirt (Fred Astaire seemed to like doing that), your pocket square, your eyes, your fountain pen or your 1949 Lagonda drophead coupe may be more original. Some days, when I’m feeling angry, I wear socks that don’t match anything. By the way, for those of you who haven’t been paying attention, the yellow stains on the armpits of your T-shirts are caused by a chemical reaction between your aluminum-based deodorant and your bodily secretions, and not much will get the stains out; you can wear dark brown shoes with navy, but black is better for evening; and yes, it’s OK to trim your chest and back hair.

Read More http://www.gq.com/style/style-guy/accessor...e#ixzz1izgxQhlg

:wacko: Match the shoes...

Well, to be a bit more adventurous, it's important to have a shade of brown that doesn't exactly match the shoes but complements them. Typically if the socks are a slightly darker brown than the shoes, this will be achieved.

From GQ...

From AskMen:

S

Credit: Getty ImagesDifferent types of socks exist by the dozen, in a variety of fibers, cuts (i.e. low, medium and high), colors, and patterns. This overwhelming selection of styles and colors might explain why so many of us have a hard time picking socks that match what we're wearing. In addition, matching socks is often perceived as a trivial part of the whole grooming process. But the reality is improper coordination of socks can easily spoil your look, no matter how handsome and well-dressed you are.

Matching 101

As a general rule, you should match your socks to your shoes in order to create a flawless visual from cuff to toe. It's all about ensuring a smooth transition between your pants, socks and shoes; it should be aesthetically pleasing, the same way you coordinate the exterior and interior of a car, for example. Matching your socks to your shoes is also a cost-effective solution given that men generally have two or three different shoes (hence colors) versus at least four different pairs of pants.

For example, if you're wearing beige pants with brown shoes, you should wear a pair of regular brown, light brown or dark beige socks, or even a pair of patterned socks that blends any combination of these colors. Wearing socks in shades that complement your trousers and shoes will avoid any stark contrast between them and enhance your overall look.

Note: Keep in mind that your footwear (socks and shoes) should be darker than or the same tone as your top. So unless you're going to the gym or wearing white patent leather shoes with a white tux, there's no reason for you to wear white socks ever again. Following this rule alone will keep the fashion police off your tail more often than not.

Read more: http://www.askmen.com/fashion/fashiontip_1...l#ixzz1izoCIBdE

I don't think about socks too much.

I like Gold Toe socks in general because they seem to last for a long time. I was very disappointed in some Adidas crew socks I bought a year ago--they got holes after about 6-7 times wearing them.

On a side note, for the first Christmas since I moved to Michigan 11 years ago, my mom did not get me a pack of cheap thermal socks as a present--the ones she typically buys are the least comfortable socks you can imagine. (I guess she is worried about me getting frostbite up here.)

We had a dress-code when I was in high-school and wearing socks was required (this was back in the mid-80s when sockless was the in thing). Sometimes we would rebel and not wear socks. There was one teacher who would sometimes give out detentions for people not wearing socks, so sometimes we would quickly have to create some sort of quasi-socks by stapling sheets of paper around our ankles. You could get a cool pin-stripe look if you did it just right.

Silly wiegie . . . . . hobbits dont wear socks.

now that smack bowl is over :wacko: can we get a breakdown, on where we're at so i can go shoppin, yesterday i about pulled the trigger on socks but felt a panic attack comin on so i bought chew bars instead :tup:

I heard Wal-Mart has a nice selection of tube socks.