[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

:glare:

Bier Meister

A friend of mine is a chef and he expresses a dislike of Bourdain - I think it might be a slight amount of envy, as it's pretty well known that as a chef, Bourdain is at best a journeyman - but I have to say I really enjoy his shows.

A friend of mine is a chef and he expresses a dislike of Bourdain - I think it might be a slight amount of envy, as it's pretty well known that as a chef, Bourdain is at best a journeyman - but I have to say I really enjoy his shows.

I haven't watched his show much but did read two of his books. I loved Kitchen Confidential but thought he was getting pretty full of himself in A Cook's Tour and started to lose interest in the guy.

i find him entertaining, just pissed that some of my favorites will now be more crowded

That's always such a double-edged sword - you WANT your favorite places to do great business (most importantly so that they can stay open), but you HATE going there and having it be crowded all the time.

The show is set up in such a way that Bourdain visits a local spot, then offers some alternatives. In the gallery herein, feast your eyes on Bourdain’s main stops — and perhaps more importantly, his pronouncements on each (click on “show caption” above).

Other places mentioned in passing include Blue Bottle, Zeitgeist, Pier 23, Off the Grid, King of Noodles, Alembic, La Folie, Mission Chinese Food, Benders, Yuet Lee, Boccalone, Rosamunde and El Huarache.

Ate Kun Pao Pork there with a sour beer last week on the way back to SFO airport.

Edited by bushwacked
  • Like 1

That's always such a double-edged sword - you WANT your favorite places to do great business (most importantly so that they can stay open), but you HATE going there and having it be crowded all the time.

also..... it is exactly what interests me about his shows. i want to learn about the good local restaurants in other places (and places i will hopefully be visiting)

also..... it is exactly what interests me about his shows. i want to learn about the good local restaurants in other places (and places i will hopefully be visiting)

+1

Love No Reservations, love his TV personality, but I'd bet the guy is a real dbag to deal with on a day-to-day basis. :wacko: