[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Giants/Packers game thread

Ursa Majoris

We are one half from neither the Packers or Saints playing in the NFC Championship Game :wacko: Wow !!!

As for the fumble, yes, it was an awful call. Was it a big swing, absolutely. It happens for and against EVERY team, and sometimes in big games. It sucks, but, you need to move on and hope your team is good enough to overcome it. Don't go Bushwacked on us.

P.S. .....and before you say I'm only saying this because I'm a Steelers fan, keep in mind, the Steelers had one of the worst calls EVER go against them in the divisional playoffs against the Colts in 2005. The league apologized and admitted they blew the call. Polamalu picked off a pass, rolled through with it, got up, fumbled the ball and landed on it. They went to the replay and overturned the call of an interception. That would have put the game away, instead, it came down to a missed field goal by Vanderjagt, which almost tied it for the Colts. Like I said they happen for and against EVERYONE, and yes, it does suck when it happens against your team, especially in a big spot.

Edited by Menudo

P.S. .....and before you say I'm only saying this because I'm a Steelers fan, keep in mind, the Steelers had one of the worst calls EVER go against them in the divisional playoffs against the Colts in 2005. The league apologized and admitted they blew the call. Polamalu picked off a pass, rolled through with it, got up, fumbled the ball and landed on it. They went to the replay and overturned the call of an interception. That would have put the game away, instead, it came down to a missed field goal by Vanderjagt, which almost tied it for the Colts. Like I said they happen for and against EVERYONE, and yes, it does suck when it happens against your team, especially in a big spot.

:tup: Steelers get all the calls, and you know it. Please stop whining.

The lateral that was called a pass last week?

The play with Big Ben at the goal line against the Dolphins?

All those awful calls that gift wrapped a SB for the Steelers against the Seahawks?

The 1995 AFC Championship where Kordell Stewart goes out of bounds, comes back in and catches a TD and the refs don't call it?

That's just off the top of my head. And you come in here acting like you understand what it's like to have bad calls go against your team? And you call that Polamalu play the worst call ever? :wacko:

Edited by CaptainHook

Two safties on three WR's in a hail mary situation?

Soft zone coverage all game?

Dom Capers=Fail.

I think they were expecting quick outs to try and get a FG in. I think the Giants surprised them going for the Hail Mary.

Edited by CaptainHook

At this point, I wouldn't be unhappy if NY won, because GB is playing like crap. Defense is a joke right now; buttahfingahs all over on the receivers; Starks and Kuhn have combined for 5 f-ups, so far as I can tell.

OL has been good, Rodgers has been good. Need more than that. Down 20-10 and that's WITH an absolutely blown call on a turnover in GB's favor. Tuurrrbl.

Man oh man GB finding ways to lose this game and you can't do that with GMen playing like they have been lately

Wrong, the Giants are finding a way to win this game, forcing fumbles, stripping the ball, ect... I know the Pack has 4 dropped passes but still the Giants are playing the better game and are the better team so far. They are putting themselves in postion to win and those 4 dropped passes still don't equal out the 7pts GB got after the no fumble call.

:tup: Steelers get all the calls, and you know it. Please stop whining.

The lateral that was called a pass last week?

The play with Big Ben at the goal line against the Dolphins?

All those awful calls that gift wrapped a SB for the Steelers against the Seahawks?

The 1995 AFC Championship where Kordell Stewart goes out of bounds, comes back in and catches a TD and the refs don't call it?

That's just off the top of my head. And you come in here acting like you understand what it's like to have bad calls go against your team? And you call that Polamalu play the worst call ever? :wacko:

First, I said it was ONE of the worst calls ever. It was a playoff game, and they overturned the correct call, which would have put away the game. The league apologized for screwing up the call. Yes, I think that ranks it up there as ONE of the worst calls ever. The fumble today ranks up there as well.

Do you really believe that there is a consipiracy which allows calls to only go for the Steelers and never against them ? Trust me, I watch all of their games, and they have had several calls go against them through the years. Every team has calls go for and against them over time. EVERY team.....there is no conspiracy.

P.S. I seriously don't know why I engage you in debate. As you have clearly sunk to the level where you are intentionally being annoying. You used to provide solid information and could debate rationally. Now, you're just annoying in almost every thread. It has to be intentional.

Edited by Menudo

First, I said it was ONE of the worst calls ever. It was a playoff game, and they overturned the correct call, which would have put away the game. The league apologized for screwing up the call. Yes, I think that ranks it up there as ONE of the worst calls ever. The fumble today ranks up there as well.

Do you really believe that there is a consipiracy which allows calls to only go for the Steelers and never against them ? Trust me, I watch all of their games, and they have had several calls go against them through the years. Every team has calls go for and against them over time. EVERY team.....there is no conspiracy.

P.S. I seriously don't know why I engage you in debate. As you have clearly sunk to the level where you are intentionally being annoying. You used to provide solid information and could debate rationally. Now, you're just annoying in almost every thread. It has to be intentional.

While I have been annoying you intentionally, I completely disagree with your delusion that the Steelers have not been the beneficiaries of some atrocious officiating over the years. Do I think it's a conspiracy? No. But if you don't see it, you might need to wipe the smudges off your homer glasses.

That Polamalu call was back in the day of the stupid "football move rule".

Wrong, the Giants are finding a way to win this game, forcing fumbles, stripping the ball, ect... I know the Pack has 4 dropped passes but still the Giants are playing the better game and are the better team so far. They are putting themselves in postion to win and those 4 dropped passes still don't equal out the 7pts GB got after the no fumble call.

You are absolutely right! Same way alot of people said New Orleans lost to the niners because they gave it away... No the niners created those strips, picks and fumbles to earn the win. So my apologies as Giants are outplaying GB up to this point

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe

While I have been annoying you intentionally, I completely disagree with your delusion that the Steelers have not been the beneficiaries of some atrocious officiating over the years. Do I think it's a conspiracy? No. But if you don't see it, you might need to wipe the smudges off your homer glasses.

That Polamalu call was back in the day of the stupid "football move rule".

I completely admit that the Steelers have had calls go there way. Were you not on the Steelers thread last week where I admitted that they completely blew the lateral call, which was the only reason the Steelers were even playing in overtime ? They have had some big calls go for them recently, but, they also have calls go against them often. It's silly to think that over time one team gets more calls than others. The law of averages will come into play over time. It doesn't make it suck any less when it happens to you in a big game, like the missed fumble in this game.

Anyway, enough of the sidetrack arguing......back to watching what might be an entertaining ending. I really hope the Giants hang on here.

Edited by Menudo

I completely admit that the Steelers have had calls go there way. Were you not on the Steelers thread last week where I admitted that they completely blew the lateral call, which was the only reason the Steelers were even playing in overtime ? They have had some big calls go for them recently, but, they also have calls go against them often. It's silly to think that over time one team gets more calls than others. The law of averages will come into play over time. It doesn't make it suck any less when it happens to you in a big game, like the missed fumble in this game.

Anyway, enough of the sidetrack arguing......back to watching what might be an entertaining ending. I really hope the Giants hang on here.

It's been going on for 16 years and they've got some big playoff wins and SB wins out of it. Saying they'll even out is pretty lame. I don't think I'm going out on a limb saying the Steelers have benefited more from blatantly horrible calls than any other team in the NFL.

Edited by CaptainHook