[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rams will be "host" of annual London game

Big John

I have two nephews in Wales, and they love for American football...by no influence of mine. They have been drawn to the game over the years, and now are as fanatical as I about watching...and they need to stay up well into the night to watch the games. They also each have fantasy football leagues with the friends....and my one nephew plays for the Swansea University team.

it has become pretty mainstream amongst the 16-25 set. I don't blame the NFL for wanting to explore furthering the game there.

...by sending them the RAMS? :wacko:

If that doesn't drive people back to soccer I don't know what will.

Uh-Oh ...shoulda read the fine print. What are your opinions of the following article (no, not how it is written but what it means to the league and the Rams) ...

ST. LOUIS (AP)—The St. Louis Convention and Visitors Commission says the Rams’ plans to play one home game in London the next three years violates the team’s stadium lease.

The CVC said in a release Friday that the lease requires the team to play all its home games at the Edward Jones Dome, and was awaiting a response from the team. Rams chief operating officer Kevin Demoff did not respond to a telephone message from the Associated Press..

The London announcement last week came not far from a Feb. 1 deadline for the CVC to submit its proposal for stadium improvements required in the lease. The team can opt out of the lease after the 2014 season if the stadium is not judged among the top quarter in the NFL.

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

Give them a Superbowl over in London if you want to expand the game. It's not as if any regular Joes attend the game anyway, and the gliterratti would love it.

Interesting idea, but moving the SB out of the US just seems wrong.

How about moving the Pro Bowl there, while it isn't a real game, they'd get to see tons of star players.

Interesting idea, but moving the SB out of the US just seems wrong.

The six hour time difference (from Central) would be a hugh problem too. It works now because our games kick off at 12:00 Central, which is 6:00 in the evening London time. The SB usually kicks off at 5:20 Central (and, due to the usual pre-game BS is 15 minutes later on top), so it would start at 11:20pm London, obviously out of the question. Solution would be to bring the SB forward to, say, a 6:00 KO in London but does anyone want an SB at 12:00 on Sunday - 10:00 on the West Coast? Hardly out of bed by then, never mind partying.

Nope - non-starter.

Uh-Oh ...shoulda read the fine print. What are your opinions of the following article (no, not how it is written but what it means to the league and the Rams) ...

ST. LOUIS (AP)—The St. Louis Convention and Visitors Commission says the Rams’ plans to play one home game in London the next three years violates the team’s stadium lease.

The CVC said in a release Friday that the lease requires the team to play all its home games at the Edward Jones Dome, and was awaiting a response from the team. Rams chief operating officer Kevin Demoff did not respond to a telephone message from the Associated Press..

The London announcement last week came not far from a Feb. 1 deadline for the CVC to submit its proposal for stadium improvements required in the lease. The team can opt out of the lease after the 2014 season if the stadium is not judged among the top quarter in the NFL.

again, I don't see the Rams going until this is resolved