[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Joe Paterno is at death's door

Menudo

Some very reliable sources on the Penn State message board are reporting that Joe Paterno is in very bad shape. They have called in the family members, and his time is not running out. They are keeping most of the details to themselves, as they obviously don't want this to turn into a media circus.

It is a shame that what were likely Paterno's last months turned out the way they did. Yes, I believe the guy made a big mistake by not doing more with the information he received from Mike McQueary. However, it isn't like he did nothing. He reported the situation to the head of the campus police, and they are the ones with jurisdiction over crimes on campus. In the last month more information came out explaining that Paterno did follow-up many times and was told that they were doing all they could to investigate.

This is a man who did so many amazing things. He essentially turned a small agricultural school with very little sports success into what it has become today. He has been generous to a fault, even donating $100,000 to the school this December, AFTER he was fired and treated pretty poorly. His players have stood by him and defended him without fail. Many players consider him like a 2nd father, and he truly cared about his players more for the type of people they would become than the type of football players they would become.

I'm positive that there are some here, that buy the ESPN BS and think that Joe Paterno was a fraud. I am extremely confident that he was not. He is a great man, and I hope that he somehow can recover, but, it doesn't sound like the chances are good. The Paterno family will definitely be in my prayers, and he will always be a man that I admire greatly.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yers more for the type of people they would become than the type of football players they would become.

I'm positive that there are some here, that buy the ESPN BS and think that Joe Paterno was a fraud.

I don't believe ESPN was BS'ing people and making chit up about him. There may have been some commentary and opinions given from individuals (that work for ESPN) you may disagree with, but I wouldn't make it sound like they were on a witch hunt for him.

Personally, I believe the majority of people think he was a everything you think he was, they just feel his negligence in this instance will forever put a scar on all the good that he did.

This is a man who did so many amazing things. He essentially turned a small agricultural school with very little sports success into what it has become today. He has been generous to a fault, even donating $100,000 to the school this December, AFTER he was fired and treated pretty poorly. His players have stood by him and defended him without fail. Many players consider him like a 2nd father, and he truly cared about his players more for the type of people they would become than the type of football players they would become. He also knowingly harbored a child rapist.

Fixed for accuracy.

:wacko:

Pointless to get into the scandal bit already been bantered back n forth ad nauseum. Most of the witch burning mob isn't interested (if even capable) of rational discussion or thought anyway.

Horribly sad end to an amazing career and amazing man, despite whatever failings he had or mistakes he made. Shame that he didn't have time to address any of this further. Thoughts and prayers to his family.

Can't wait for the no-class jabs from the assorted losers on this site. 3...2...1...

Edited by BeeR

NO ONE defends Sandusky. Paterno admitted that he wished he had done more, and I agree that he should have. However, it isn't like Paterno did nothing. He passed the information on to the head of the police who handle campus crimes. He then followed-up as well to find out why nothing was being done.

I'm done arguing with you. A man who I admired and respected a lot has passed away. My heart aches for the family.

It's amazing how many people here at the Huddle KNOW exactly what occurred. :wacko:

When I started reading your first post I was hoping you didn't bring the controversy up but you did, opening the thread up from the get-go for these points. You can't expect people to remain quiet when you brought the topic up.

RIP Joe

Edited by Puddy

:wacko:

Pointless to get into the scandal bit already been bantered back n forth ad nauseum. Most of the witch burning mob isn't interested (if even capable) of rational discussion or thought anyway.

Horribly sad end to an amazing career and amazing man, despite whatever failings he had or mistakes he made. Shame that he didn't have time to address any of this further. Thoughts and prayers to his family.

Can't wait for the no-class jabs from the assorted losers on this site. 3...2...1...

Yep

When I started reading your first post I was hoping you didn't bring the controversy up but you did, opening the thread up from the get-go for these points. You can't expect people to remain quiet when you brought the topic up.

RIP Joe

Trust me, even if I had just posted that he was about to die, the same people who are making their comments would have made them anyway.

Joe made a huge mistake ...he lost his job for it and a great deal of his legacy is tarnished ... I hope overall Joe Pa made his peace with God ... and maybe the rest of us can put down the stones

Overall I believe Joe Pa did alot more good in his life than bad ...if he did in fact pass away , may He rest in peace

not sure if he's passed or not, but I do believe he made his peace with the Lord, and at the very moment he did that, his slate is wiped clean and God forgave him and instantly hit the reset button. What a comforting feeling that is:)