[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Peyton Manning to...

Shorttynaz

So yeah - just speculation at this point and a LOT has to happen. But during the NFC Championship halftime show, out here in AZ they flipped to a FOX10 sports "update". One of the local sportscasters claims that "per Adam Schefter" should the Colts release Manning and he passes a physical the Cardinals would be the top landing spot for Peyton Manning's services, not the Jets - even with paying Kevin Kolb all that money this past offseason.

Sure, it's all speculation and the Colts would have to release Manning. I am definitely a Colts homer - but I don't see Manning playing for anyone else. He's said a million times over he wants to finish his career in Indy. Jim Irsay (PR move) keeps saying Manning isn't going anywhere and he'll not only pay the $28M roster bonus due in March - but ALL signs point to them drafting Luck as well..

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember reading that the most logical spot was Washington...

I don't think anyone knows anything when it comes to the Manning drama.

Wasn't Shefter dead wrong on some GM interviewing for the Colts, who in fact didn't have an interview?

Should the Colts release Manning, he can go wherever he wants. Washington needs more than just a QB. There's too many holes there. I see Manning going somewhere where they've got a solid team missing that one piece - like Arizona, Jets, Baltimore, hell - even Seattle..

Should the Colts release Manning, he can go wherever he wants. Washington needs more than just a QB. There's too many holes there. I see Manning going somewhere where they've got a solid team missing that one piece - like Arizona, Jets, Baltimore, hell - even Seattle..

Arizona is one player away from a championship?

Arizona is one player away from a championship?

With Manning, the Colts were in the playoff's year after year. Without Manning, the Colts were the worst team in the league - a hell of a lot worse than the Cardinals.

One piece away from a championship? Yeah! Cardinals defense really came together the 2nd half of the season - and in my book they're a top 10 defense. They have arguably the best WR in the league. Remove Skelton and insert Manning - yeah - they'd be a threat to go the distance.

Edited by Shorttynaz

Thanks for the scoop. Was unaware that free agency gave the players freedom to choose where they go. It still doesn't change that I read Washington was a logical landing spot for him.

It's not my fault you just read the words and didn't use a little common sense. Of the teams that are close but have a sh!tty QB - i.e. Jets, Cardinals, etc., - yeah, he can go wherever he wants.

Someone like Sanchez on the other hand - sorry. If he were a free agent - nah. I don't think teams in need of a qood QB would be lining up at his door.

17 against the run and 21st against the pass doesn't seem all that spectacular to me.

In a previous post I specifically said 2nd half the season they started coming together. Your stats are based on the entire season.

They started the season with a new DC in Ray Horton. He brought a completely different defensive scheme with him. They started out slow, but finished the last 9 games of the season at 7-2. A LOT of that was due to their defense as they started gelling in the 2nd half the season. Barring any major offseason departures, next season the Cards will surely have one of the top 10 D's in the league..

In a previous post I specifically said 2nd half the season they started coming together.

Last 9 games, yardage allowed:

383 (StL)

289 (@Phi)

431 (@SF)

272 (@StL)

336 (Dal)

233 (SF)

333 (Cle)

301 (@Cin)

369 (Sea)

Also generated 10 turnovers, allowed 166 pts.

Um, yeah.

Last 9 games, yardage allowed:

383 (StL)

289 (@Phi)

431 (@SF)

272 (@StL)

336 (Dal)

233 (SF)

333 (Cle)

301 (@Cin)

369 (Sea)

Also generated 10 turnovers, allowed 166 pts.

Um, yeah.

Well maybe the Cardinals 24th ranked running attack will be what ultimately makes Manning chose Arizona as his new home. Because, barring any major offseason departures, next season the Cards will surely have one of the top 10 rushing offenses in the league.

Edited by bushwacked

next season the Cards will surely have one of the top 10 rushing offenses in the league.

It's highly possible - as they wouldn't be one dimensional any more. They would have a QB worthy enough to keep defenses from stacking 8 in the box - and they'll also have a two headed monster as Ryan Williams will be back.

Edited by Shorttynaz

It's not my fault you just read the words and didn't use a little common sense. Of the teams that are close but have a sh!tty QB - i.e. Jets, Cardinals, etc., - yeah, he can go wherever he wants.

Someone like Sanchez on the other hand - sorry. If he were a free agent - nah. I don't think teams in need of a qood QB would be lining up at his door.

No jackass, I simply stated what I read, and you think that you need to explain what free agency is. We're aware you dolt.

I think you're all missing an obvious outcome here. Manning is released and Dungy convinces him to go play for his friend Leslie Frazier in Minnesota. He starts the season in fine form and Viking fans start to get a bit of that magical feeling of Favre's first dance in Minnesota. Then the curse that has always been and will always be entrenched with this team rears its ugly head once more and poor Peyton pays the price with a devastating neck injury that not only ends his career but threatens his ability to ever walk again. The Vikings ruin one of the best QBs to have ever played the game. Yep, that sounds about par for the course. :wacko:

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe

With Manning, the Colts were in the playoff's year after year. Without Manning, the Colts were the worst team in the league - a hell of a lot worse than the Cardinals.

One piece away from a championship? Yeah! Cardinals defense really came together the 2nd half of the season - and in my book they're a top 10 defense. They have arguably the best WR in the league. Remove Skelton and insert Manning - yeah - they'd be a threat to go the distance.

Some of that was Manning, but some of it was also Caldwell's ineptitude. Combine the two and you've 2-14.

In a previous post I specifically said 2nd half the season they started coming together. Your stats are based on the entire season.

They started the season with a new DC in Ray Horton. He brought a completely different defensive scheme with him. They started out slow, but finished the last 9 games of the season at 7-2. A LOT of that was due to their defense as they started gelling in the 2nd half the season. Barring any major offseason departures, next season the Cards will surely have one of the top 10 D's in the league..

This ... they are a good (I didn;t say great) defense with an improving defensive backfield. Calais Campbell and others are a good foundation. They made turnovers and had good special teams. Unfortunately, they have no QB. Maybe if the offense could move the ball the defense wouldn't be out there so much, but of course, Bushwacked doesn';t see that. Their defense will be good enough for a guy like Peyton to come in and win with. Their defense is not the problem.

This ... they are a good (I didn;t say great) defense with an improving defensive backfield. Calais Campbell and others are a good foundation. They made turnovers and had good special teams. Unfortunately, they have no QB. Maybe if the offense could move the ball the defense wouldn't be out there so much, but of course, Bushwacked doesn';t see that. Their defense will be good enough for a guy like Peyton to come in and win with. Their defense is not the problem.

I agree as well. Their defense is better than what most are giving them credit for. They are a good defense that should get better.