[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

An IDP Petition...

keggerz

MFL breaks out RBs and FBs and WRs and TEs, even Kickers and Punters...They break out DT and DE if you want so why not do the same for LBs and DBs...sure they break out DB to S and CB but why not FS and SS...LBs as MLB, WLB, SLB, ILB (3-4 D) etc...MFL currently uses Rotoworld for their depth chart to assign positions and Rotoworld has those breakdowns...so I am looking to try and get MFL to makes those changes sooner rather than later.

Link to the petition...sign it and pass it on TIA

Petition

Here is the tweet that I am using to try and get the word out...so if you want to shoot it out into twitter land just copy it as is and you will be set (used up all 140 characters)

Help PETITION MFL 2 change how they list IDPs...S should be FS or SS.MLB,WLB,OLB(rush 3-4),ILB(in 3-4) etc http://tinyurl.com/7be9gde PASS IT ON

Edited by keggerz

I guess I have a question Keg. Is this a breakdown that you think will eventually be necessary for league play? Do you really foresee having an IDP league where we have to play, say, 1 MLB, 1 WLB and 1 SLB? Or is this simply to use for research purposes so one doesn't have to go look up what type of LB a guy is when drafting or scouting for Free Agents?

If it's the latter....I guess I don't see where it is MFL's responsibility to break that down.

I signed it but not sure the impact will really help.

We manage positions based on a lot of criteria due to how we score the differences at positions. LB's are scored differently than DE's and with all the hybrid schemes running it makes it hard to determine. Also the way teams scheme opponents certainly cloud the SS/FS positions.

We have not waited on MFL and they do allow the Commish to change positions although not to the detail you are asking. We will change positions manually when needed due to the nature of 3-4 defenses to align with our scoring system.

The other issue we have seen lately are team designation. Some have labeled players LB/DE. The Redskins were doing this with Orakpo as an example but have recently settled on the LB label on their official roster.

It would be an improvement especially for owners that don't do a lot of research.

Glad to sign it!

I guess I have a question Keg. Is this a breakdown that you think will eventually be necessary for league play? Do you really foresee having an IDP league where we have to play, say, 1 MLB, 1 WLB and 1 SLB? Or is this simply to use for research purposes so one doesn't have to go look up what type of LB a guy is when drafting or scouting for Free Agents?

If it's the latter....I guess I don't see where it is MFL's responsibility to break that down.

This has nothing to do with research scouting/stats or anything like that...do I forsee an IDP league possibly with starting requirements of 1MLB, 1WLB and 1SLB, sure I do...there was a time when a receiver was viewed as a WR or TE...that is split out now...heck MFL even has the ability for you to use a FB as a starting position...but back on point...not only do I forsee your scenario, but one where it would allow leagues to tweak scoring to help with the balance between the DeMarcus Ware rush olb types and the traditional tackle machines at MLB/WLB...normally a league is either tackle heavy or big play heavy...that gives or takes away value from a guy like ware...add in the additonal designations and now you can truly make a balanced scoring system if you wanted to.

Edited by keggerz

• 4 months later...