[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How often do you (usually) eat fast food

BeeR

41 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• At least daily most days
    • A few times a week-ish
    • About once a week
    • A few times a month-ish
    • About once a month or a bit less
    • Very rarely or never

Thought I or someone did this before but wth - just curious.

For the sake of argument, I call "fast food" the decidedly unhealthy stuff like burger joints, taco hell, pizza etc. Subs aren't health foods per se but a diff story IMO. Just wondering I guess how often people say screw healthy and eat crapola food just cuz they have a taste for.

as far as hamburgers, I will eat from a place called jucy's or the butcher shoppe, they use all beef ground that day, there and they have beans made that day there. I won;t eat the fries, even though they are hand cut there. I really do not consider those hamburgers fast food. I stay away from the fast food chains, however I feed my kids fast food sometimes and I will sneak a fry or two off their plate.

Only if I am traveling and need to hit some place fast, which is about twice a year. One day last year I was really hungry and passed a McDonalds on the way back from skiing. It was a craving and I was only about 5 minutes from home. It is the first time I have had fast food in my hometown for the seven years I lived here. Before that, I ate fast food as a sales rep several times a week.

Once every few weeks, I'll get a Taco Bell jones.

Otherwise, not very often. Maybe if I'm on the run and want a substantial breakfast (it may not be good, but it fills you up for several hours).

I am a sub sammich monger, though.

I used to eat quite a bit of fast food because it's tasty, cheap and was incredibly convenient. Over the last few years I started eating a lot less because my better half thinks fast food is gross and a lot of it makes her physically sick. I also moved to an apt without any classic fast food options in the surrounding blocks. As a bonus side effect, my blood pressure and cholesterol have both gone down. Strangely, the less I eat the less I desire even though when I do eat it I enjoy it just as much as I used to.

One of my guilty pleasures is the hotdogs on the rollers at 7-11.

Edited by mrip

As a bonus side effect, my blood pressure and cholesterol have both gone down. Strangely, the less I eat the less I desire even though when I do eat it I enjoy it just as much as I used to.

I've noticed that too....I've been hungry, driving past a McD's or whatever, and just think "naaahh"

One of my guilty pleasures is the hotdogs on the rollers at 7-11.

Oh, I didn't even think about these. Yeah, probably my secret shame - totally indefensible as a food option, probably objectively disgusting, crackish in their addictive power.

i hit the gas station food about 3 times a week :rofl:

THis reminds me of a time I was traveling from a project in Charlotte to one in Charleston with one of our project managers...

PM - "Hey, you wanna grab some lunch"

I - "sure, I'mm getting hungry"

The PM hits the exit ramp, turns right and into a gas station.

I - "You need gas?" :tup:

PM - "Nah, we're fine..."

I - :lol: "Ummmm, why are we stopping here"

PM - :wacko: "To grab a bite to eat...?"

I - "You think we might could go somewhere to sit down, Cracker Barrel or something?"

PM - "Ummm... Sure, didn'tthink of that"

I - "Alright..." :rofl:

THis reminds me of a time I was traveling from a project in Charlotte to one in Charleston with one of our project managers...

PM - "Hey, you wanna grab some lunch"

I - "sure, I'mm getting hungry"

The PM hits the exit ramp, turns right and into a gas station.

I - "You need gas?" :tup:

PM - "Nah, we're fine..."

I - :lol: "Ummmm, why are we stopping here"

PM - :wacko: "To grab a bite to eat...?"

I - "You think we might could go somewhere to sit down, Cracker Barrel or something?"

PM - "Ummm... Sure, didn'tthink of that"

I - "Alright..." :rofl:

"I'm so hungry I could eat a sandwhich from a gas station" - Clark Griswold, Family Vacation

I'm pretty impressed (and it's honestly somewhat hard to believe) that the most common response to this poll is basically far less than once a month. Maybe I'm in the minority, but we usually get pizza, Chinese, or some other form of take-out food at least a couple of times per month. Maybe those don't count as fast food, though. :wacko:

If we're talking your typical fast-food joints, the only one that I regularly eat at is Taco John's. That's a regular for me (probably 3-4 times per month). :lol: Unfortunately, living in Williston ND, the list of "quality" restaurants in the area is extremely limited (or non-existent), so I also grab Subway occasionally (there's not much else, in terms of sandwich/deli type of places). Other than those two, I try to avoid McDonald's/Arby's/Burger King/etc. as much as I can (although it's sometimes hard to do, when traveling or working long hours).

One thing I've noticed is that the less I eat fast food (used to be several times/week, when I was younger), the less I tend to enjoy it. I'm not sure if there is a corrolation between the two, though, or if the "quality" of fast food has just gotten that much worse. In other words, some fast food chains have transitioned from making most food fresh to preparing it ahead of time, and then heating it up when ordered. McDonald's, for example, made that change a little over 15 years ago, and I remember noticing a definite turn for the worse (if that's possible), in terms of the quality/taste of their food. If you think fast food is bad, fast food that isn't even fresh is about 10 times worse. :tup:

I'm pretty impressed (and it's honestly somewhat hard to believe) that the most common response to this poll is basically far less than once a month. Maybe I'm in the minority, but we usually get pizza, Chinese, or some other form of take-out food at least a couple of times per month. Maybe those don't count as fast food, though. :wacko:

i will have asian of some sort 3 times a week. pizza once per month. when i think fast food for these= panda express/pizza hut/dominoes...which i never eat. so i didn't view what i was eating as ff.