[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

East coast huddlers

Bier Meister

so we decided to split the time. one long weekend in medocino with just the mrs and i and 5 days in NY. if huddlers are are interested, i could be free the wed or thurs (8/15 or 8/16) night for a gathering of some sort.

Let's do it!

In the summer of 2010, we drove up the north, ended up outside of Burlington. Then took the ferry across Lake Champlain and headed down the other side in NY. It was like night and day the NY and Vermont sides of of that bay. The NY side was trashy and every "cool" natural landmark was turned into some Disney production. Heading up VT, on the other hand was idyllic and pristine. Each town super quaint and the camping was outstanding.

If you're planning to go as far north as Stowe, I think Burlington is a pretty cool town to check out. And if you do, hit American Flatbread which houses Zero Gravity Brewing Co. Great beers and the head brewer was actually smoking hot. Which is particularily cool because your wife won't mind you talking to her because she'll be stoked that a woman is making the beer rather than your typical dude with a beard. So there's that.

Since this was a beer-oriented trip, I'll also highlight Ommegang Brewery in Cooperstown which was beautiful and very interesting. I also have a good friend who works with them and could hook you up with a private tour. Because they're a Belgian-style brewery, they do things a bit differently than your typical brewery, so that makes it fun.

That's all I got.

Does this mean there were no Boy Scouts in Vermont?

• 2 months later...

I would be up for a NYC meeting for sure. I couldnt swing a rye trip mid week but NY for some chow and a beverage or 9 sounds good

If it's raining, I can meet as Whomper stated...

I would be up for a NYC meeting for sure. I couldnt swing a rye trip mid week but NY for some chow and a beverage or 9 sounds good

If it's nice weather, I'm coaching my daughter's basketball team at 6:15pm on LI, so it becomes much more doubtful. But, maybe, just maybe!

I think I can do Thurs as well.

:bash:

just got off of the phone with my uncle..... looks like we have family obligations on wed and thurs. friday is free. my apologies. i hope that could work for everyone

:bash:

just got off of the phone with my uncle..... looks like we have family obligations on wed and thurs. friday is free. my apologies. i hope that could work for everyone

Why don't you just go back to SF.

:wink:

I'll check calendar (but daughter's party is Sat & need to get things ready)

Edited by FWmaker

:bag:

getting the full court press to try to catch lion king friday night at 8p.....

so, we will attempt to get tickets the same day at one of those kiosks.

- if we get tickets, i would still love to get together for drinks/dinner pre show.

- if we cannot get tickets, we can stay out longer with you guys.

we bit the bullet and bought tix for the show. starts at 8p.

my guess is we probably want to get there by 7:30p.

it is located at the minskoff (200 west 45th st).

do you guys want to grab drinks/early dinner in the vicinity?

let me know