[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

C.Portis wants to return

Big Ernie McCracken

Only 13 games played over the last 3 years. A good career prior to that, but at 30 years old, and with lots of miles and lots of recent injury history what can he do? Maybe a role similar to LT with NYJ (when he was expected to backup the rookie Greene not when he took over as the primary because Greene wasn't capable of holding the job).

Won't even speculate on where he might go, or how accurate the reports are of several teams being interested.

I never understood why nobody gave him a shot. He was still averaging over 4 YPC the past few years. Not exactly the prototypical locker room guy, but his teammates always liked him and he managed to stay away from negative publicity. He may be able to be an uber-cheap capable backup.

Portis must be in a poor financial state like Terrell Owens and Allen Iverson. haha. I swear, third down backs like Kevin Faulk, Kenny Watson and Mack Strong have such long careers because they don't get as many carries and can go for longer careers at a high level.

I read somewhere that he was recently medically cleared. I'm guessing that he wasn't 100% last year?

:tup: he has'nt been 100% in years...-going all the way back to when BEM and myself predicted his demise while others insisted he was top 10 or reluctantly, top 20, (he finished somwhere around 47 i believe) -we took alot of heat from the geniuses around here for that prognosis....

- however, with all that being said, i believe with tremendous effert, Portis could be this years' Ingram. :wacko:

Edited by hooknladder

:tup: he has'nt been 100% in years...-going all the way back to when BEM and myself predicted his demise while others insisted he was top 10 or reluctantly, top 20, (he finished somwhere around 47 i believe) -we took alot of heat from the geniuses around here for that prognosis....

- however, with all that being said, i believe with tremendous effert, Portis could be this years' Ingram. :wacko:

You two are insane. You make one not so bold prediction, and are still patting yourself on the back years later... One of you two has to be the real Uncle Rico.

Joe Gibbs sucked the life out of Portis the way I suck all the flavor out of chewing gum. He was awesome while he had his legs...and what a fearless blocking back and hitter (it literally caused him multiple injuries and concussions). Sadly - everyone here is correct. He is now a three yards and a cloud of dust runner. Maybe the Pats could use him in their five back rotation at the goal line if they lose the Law Firm.