Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Big Ernie McCracken

C.Portis wants to return

26 posts in this topic

Only 13 games played over the last 3 years. A good career prior to that, but at 30 years old, and with lots of miles and lots of recent injury history what can he do? Maybe a role similar to LT with NYJ (when he was expected to backup the rookie Greene not when he took over as the primary because Greene wasn't capable of holding the job).

Won't even speculate on where he might go, or how accurate the reports are of several teams being interested.

This thread means nothing unless hooknlader shows up too.

:wacko:

This thread means nothing unless hooknlader shows up too.

Taz just picked him back up in all leagues.

Taz just picked him back up in all leagues.

wrong tree

I suppose this is another broke idiot trying to grasp one last pay day a la Barber, Moss and all the rest of the cretins.

I suppose this is another broke idiot trying to grasp one last pay day a la Barber, Moss and all the rest of the cretins.

that may be true, but unlike those guys, he never retired and tried out for several teams last year.

I've always thought Hook and big ernie are the same guy.

I never understood why nobody gave him a shot. He was still averaging over 4 YPC the past few years. Not exactly the prototypical locker room guy, but his teammates always liked him and he managed to stay away from negative publicity. He may be able to be an uber-cheap capable backup.

I never understood why nobody gave him a shot. He was still averaging over 4 YPC the past few years. Not exactly the prototypical locker room guy, but his teammates always liked him and he managed to stay away from negative publicity. He may be able to be an uber-cheap capable backup.

I read somewhere that he was recently medically cleared. I'm guessing that he wasn't 100% last year?

Not exactly the prototypical locker room guy, but his teammates always liked him and he managed to stay away from negative publicity.

:wacko:

His time has passed as a talented back.... nothing more than a L.T. / Thomas Jones role if he signs with someone. If he even makes a roster IMO :wacko:

Portis must be in a poor financial state like Terrell Owens and Allen Iverson. haha. I swear, third down backs like Kevin Faulk, Kenny Watson and Mack Strong have such long careers because they don't get as many carries and can go for longer careers at a high level.

Portis needs 77 yards for 10,000. That's why he wants back in.

I read somewhere that he was recently medically cleared. I'm guessing that he wasn't 100% last year?

:tup: he has'nt been 100% in years...-going all the way back to when BEM and myself predicted his demise while others insisted he was top 10 or reluctantly, top 20, (he finished somwhere around 47 i believe) -we took alot of heat from the geniuses around here for that prognosis....

- however, with all that being said, i believe with tremendous effert, Portis could be this years' Ingram. :wacko:

Edited by hooknladder

:tup: he has'nt been 100% in years...-going all the way back to when BEM and myself predicted his demise while others insisted he was top 10 or reluctantly, top 20, (he finished somwhere around 47 i believe) -we took alot of heat from the geniuses around here for that prognosis....

- however, with all that being said, i believe with tremendous effert, Portis could be this years' Ingram. :wacko:

You two are insane. You make one not so bold prediction, and are still patting yourself on the back years later... One of you two has to be the real Uncle Rico.

You two are insane. You make one not so bold prediction, and are still patting yourself on the back years later... One of you two has to be the real Uncle Rico.

.....-and you've been there every step of the way. :wacko:

I could see him doing alright in a backup role for a team like Denver or Chicago. But he won't have any FF relevance unless there were some major injuries to a RB depth chart (not out of the question).

He could go to Seattle, essentially be a backup/complement to Lynch. He'd be also be on the same team as his cousin, second year QB Josh Portis.