[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pancake Batter Recipes?

Brentastic

I've been wanting to make some pancakes for the family but I've never made pancakes. Does anyone have a "killer" recipe they'd like to share so I can make some cakes next weekend? FYI, I'm not a fan of fruit or anything "healthy" like that. The richer and sweeter the better. I love vanilla too, so any recipe that involved vanilla extract would probably be a hit with me.

alton brown has a good mixture. i typically use bisquick, vanilla, sugar, cinnamon in the batter. sometimes i will add some creamer that mrs has around, or cocoa. there are several pancake threads floating around, but i don't know how to use the quote feature for the new format yet :wacko:

I finally made some cakes for the family this morning. Here's the recipe I used:

2 cups Bisquick

1 3/4 cups buttermilk

1 tsp baking soda

2 tsp vanilla extract

1 tsp cinnamon

2 tbsp sugar

2 eggs

Flavor was great but they did not rise very much and were not very fluffy. Any tips on how to get my cakes fluffier? Like I said though, the taste, which is most important was great!

I finally made some cakes for the family this morning. Here's the recipe I used:

2 cups Bisquick

1 3/4 cups buttermilk

1 tsp baking soda

2 tsp vanilla extract

1 tsp cinnamon

2 tbsp sugar

2 eggs

Flavor was great but they did not rise very much and were not very fluffy. Any tips on how to get my cakes fluffier? Like I said though, the taste, which is most important was great!

Add some Club Soda to the mix to get lighter fluffier cakes.

2 cups Bisquick

1 3/4 cups buttermilk

1 tsp baking soda

2 tsp vanilla extract

1 tsp cinnamon

2 tbsp sugar

2 eggs

Buttermilk will weigh them down. Cut that with half milk, and if that does not doo the trick try adding a small egg to the mix

Here's the recipe I used last night.

• 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon white sugar
  • 1 1/4 cups milk
  • 1 egg
  • 3 tablespoons butter, melted

I also threw in some cinnamon. These fluffed up pretty good. Did you sift or mix the dry ingredients before adding the wet ingredients?

Buttermilk will weigh them down. Cut that with half milk, and if that does not doo the trick try adding a small egg to the mix

Yeah, either that or I was thinking of cutting back to 1 1/4 cups of buttermilk. The batter was too liquify, imo and probably needs to be thicker. Although I'm not sure if thicker batter makes thicker/fluffier cakes.

Here's the recipe I used last night.

• 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

• 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder

• 1 teaspoon salt

• 1 tablespoon white sugar

• 1 1/4 cups milk

• 1 egg

• 3 tablespoons butter, melted

I also threw in some cinnamon. These fluffed up pretty good. Did you sift or mix the dry ingredients before adding the wet ingredients?

I did not sift the dry stuff. I tried to break up the clumps with a fork.

2 C milk

1 1/2 C flour

3 tsp baking powder

1 tsp baking soda

1 tbsp honey

3 tbsp butter

1 egg

My trick is to throw it all in the blender and use that to mix it up. Using honey instead of sugar really seems to make a difference.

• Like 1