[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

March Madness Thread

Gopher

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure about that. Kansas has been playing terrible, but this is pretty much how they have been all year. They play like crap and somehow pull out wins. That won't fly against Carolina. I expect the Tar Heels to win this one easily; probably 15-18 points.

Carolina can withstand losing a person in any position except for the point.

KU/Ohio St will be a good game. I think it comes down to how well Ohio St shoots the 3. I just don't think they will hang with KU in that category. B/c KU has depth to foul down low, I am leaning KU. Tempo could be another issue for Ohio St. If KU can get some fast breaks, that will also put KU in the driver seat.

KU/Ohio St will be a good game. I think it comes down to how well Ohio St shoots the 3. I just don't think they will hang with KU in that category. B/c KU has depth to foul down low, I am leaning KU. Tempo could be another issue for Ohio St. If KU can get some fast breaks, that will also put KU in the driver seat.

I'm not so sure. KU has really shot the ball poorly for the last couple of weeks. The Carolina game is an abberation.

Also, KU doesn't really have quality depth down low. They have Robinson and Withey, and then Kevin Young on the bench, but he's liable to get 3 fouls in 2 minutes. After him they have bodies they can throw in there, but that's about it.

I think KU has gone as far as they can go. Sullinger didn't play the first matchup in Lawrence, so there is some motivation there. I see Ohio State winning this thing pretty easily - probably 10-12 points. The only x-factor in this game is Bill Self. The man can make in-game adjustments like I've not seen in a long time.

Edited by Chief Dick

I'm not so sure. KU has really shot the ball poorly for the last couple of weeks. The Carolina game is an abberation.

Also, KU doesn't really have quality depth down low. They have Robinson and Withey, and then Kevin Young on the bench, but he's liable to get 3 fouls in 2 minutes. After him they have bodies they can throw in there, but that's about it.

I think KU has gone as far as they can go. Sullinger didn't play the first matchup in Lawrence, so there is some motivation there. I see Ohio State winning this thing pretty easily - probably 10-12 points. The only x-factor in this game is Bill Self. The man can make in-game adjustments like I've not seen in a long time.

Ohio St has been playing better than very good. But, I get the sense KU will try to be agressive against Sullinger and put him in foul trouble (at least that is what I would do at the start). This should be a very good game and it could come down to the mood of the refs.

Great point. If the refs are calling this tight, KU will lose. Mark my words.

KU likes to be in their faces defensively.

that is what I am hoping for, that KU gets physical down low.

Has anyone seen the lines for the games, yet? My guy only posts on game day.

OSU -2.5

UK -8.5

Total for each game is right around 136.5 or 137.

I think Kentucky likely wins easily, and would be somewhat surprised if they don't cover. The other game, I could see going either way, and would actually not be all that surprised to see either squad win by 10 points or so. Should be interesting. OSU is deeper than they've been in the past, and not as perimeter-oriented... The last couple of years, they basically played 6-7 guys, and lived/died by the three. Not so much, anymore. Still not terribly deep, but they showed against Syracuse that they have depth (particularly the front line) if needed (when Sullinger gets in foul trouble).

Hopefully, we see all four teams at their best, and nobody puts up a stinker. If that's the case, I think Kansas-OSU could be a great game, and who knows... I might be underestimating Louisville. I just thought they were VERY fortunate to get by Florida, in what was a pretty big choke-job by the Gators.

OSU -2.5

UK -8.5

Total for each game is right around 136.5 or 137.

I think Kentucky likely wins easily, and would be somewhat surprised if they don't cover. The other game, I could see going either way, and would actually not be all that surprised to see either squad win by 10 points or so. Should be interesting. OSU is deeper than they've been in the past, and not as perimeter-oriented... The last couple of years, they basically played 6-7 guys, and lived/died by the three. Not so much, anymore. Still not terribly deep, but they showed against Syracuse that they have depth (particularly the front line) if needed (when Sullinger gets in foul trouble).

Hopefully, we see all four teams at their best, and nobody puts up a stinker. If that's the case, I think Kansas-OSU could be a great game, and who knows... I might be underestimating Louisville. I just thought they were VERY fortunate to get by Florida, in what was a pretty big choke-job by the Gators.

Thank you for providing the lines ... I like KU being the underdog, Self will hopefully use that to his advantage in his motivational aspects. I am hoping the line moves to 3, of course it all comes down to free throws when dealing with vegas.

Since I'm impressed with myself, I thought I'd let you guys know.

My bracket in the ESPN tourney Challenge is ranked #10,807 (I have KY beating Kan tonight 72 to 69).

Yeah, I'm hardly the winner, but damn...

The dream ends tonight. Kentucky is just too damn good, which is a shame because I'm not a big fan of Calipari. Just don't want to see him win.

Kansas gets rolled tonight, plain and simple. The only way Kansas wins this game is by muddying it up, which they certainly are capable of doing. Self has done a masterful job in this tournament, so if anyone can make adjustments it's him.

Unfortunately it boils down to talent, and Kentucky has loads.

If anyone is looking for an upset special, look at Kansas. I would not be shocked if they lost in the first round. I can almost guarantee they don't make it to the Sweet 16. They WAY overachieved this year, and Taylor and Robinson have some worn out legs. They've been playing a ton of minutes.

NC State will beat Kansas tonight.

Not sure about that. Kansas has been playing terrible, but this is pretty much how they have been all year. They play like crap and somehow pull out wins. That won't fly against Carolina. I expect the Tar Heels to win this one easily; probably 15-18 points.

I think KU has gone as far as they can go. Sullinger didn't play the first matchup in Lawrence, so there is some motivation there. I see Ohio State winning this thing pretty easily - probably 10-12 points.

Hey, Chief! You wanna try these predictions again. :lol:

I got my Danny & the Miracles t-shirt and Jayhawks hooded sweatshirt on, thus far they have been money. :tup:

I'm totally a passive KU fan, and have not been that invested in hoops this year whatsoever (my Washington Huskies had some significant issues with underachieving), but this year in particular will be a significant achievement if they pull it off.

I'll have called 47 of 63 games on my bracket. 13 of the sweet 16, 7 of the final 8, 3 of the final 4, both finalists, and the champion.

Of course the only pool I entered was for $5 a sheet and has like 14 entries. :bag:

So, what happens if/when Calipari's actions get the UK championship vacated? I ask only because he managed to get his other two final four appearances wiped away...

No champion for 2012, or is KU the champ?

Nah, that was

No champion for 2012, or is KU the champ?

Nah, that seemed like not only the best team in college basketball this season, but also probably one of the best in half decade, or longer.

Nah, that was

Nah, that seemed like not only the best team in college basketball this season, but also probably one of the best in half decade, or longer.

What does that have to do with whether or not they were bought or otherwise not legit?

That said, I have no idea whether or not Calipari was up to his, seemingly, usual tricks, but those kids seemed like good kids. They may have been bought. But they seemed like good, hard-working kids and I didn't mind seeing them win it all.

What does that have to do with whether or not they were bought or otherwise not legit?

No one is under the illusion who deserved the championship. Even if they cheated, no one celebrates a title granted to them by technicalities.

Duh.

No one is under the illusion who deserved the championship. Even if they cheated, no one celebrates a title granted to them by technicalities.

Duh.

He gave two options, no champ or KU. You said "no, everyone knew they were the best team". That would imply that neither option he gave was correct. In other words, they would neither take the title away nor award it to another team because everyone knew UK was the best.

My point was simply that, it doesn't matter that we all agree that UK was the best team in the country if they cheated to get that way. Not saying, by the way, that is the case.

He gave two options, no champ or KU. You said "no, everyone knew they were the best team".

Actually, I said "nah", which I meant as somewhat of a dismissive. Not of his question, but to the notion that we need to crown someone else champs if/when they get it taken away, but that was lazy of me to not say "Who cares?" instead.