[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can't believe this dude isn't in jail....

SEC=UGA

But how did this become a political issue? Republicans say Zimmerman is innocent. Democrats say he's guilty.

It's a response to the bigger issue of the so-called "stand your ground" laws. Democrats are keen to say "told you so" and Republicans are worried they'll look like a bunch of mindless yahoos, so both sides are taking potshots at each other.

dude should of never been arrested.

Zimmerman Injuries Seen in Exclusive Photo

http://abcnews.go.co...49#.T5FQs9lWBIQ

His surprising testimony came the same day that ABC News exclusively obtained a photograph showing the bloodied back of Zimmerman's head, which was apparently taken three minutes after he shot and killed Martin. The photo could give credence to Zimmerman's claim that Martin had bashed his head against the concrete as Zimmerman fought for his life.

Click here to view the image. Warning: graphic content.

Edited by moneymakers

It looks like there is more evidence than we previously knew about. It seems like every time a new piece of evidence comes out, one side or the other claims how the new piece of evidence proves either guilt or innocence. This is why I’m glad this thing is going to trial. Lets gather all the evidence (both what is currently known and unknown to the public) and have both sides present their case.

I'm betting that the prosecutor knew about this photo prior to filing charges and still decided to go with the murder charge. This makes me think that she’s got something up her sleeve.

His surprising testimony came the same day that ABC News exclusively obtained a photograph showing the bloodied back of Zimmerman's head, which was apparently taken three minutes after he shot and killed Martin.

I can see how somebody in that situation might panic and smash their head against a curb to better their story as its better than the alternative.

I find it interesting that with the "new" photo leaked showing Zimmerman's bleeding head that int eh ABC story on vidoe the picture of Travon they use now is not the 12-13 yr old holding the baby but is a older version with a pic of a red skull on the wall behind him... THIS is the biggest issue in the case how the MEDIA is trying to create more division. Truly sad

Or that the mere fact that he got into a tussle with Martin doesn't absolve him from guilt in murdering him.

Exactly. Carrying a gun, then using it do defend yourself in a fist fight where you're getting your asked kicked is not "self defense". Particularly if you take several actions to initiate the confrontation.

Unless the defense can prove that Zimmerman was attacked, didn't provoke Martin in anyway, I don't see how they can win.

Technically, the prosecution has to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Zimmerman didn't act in self-defense. You have the burden of proof backwards-- Zimmerman is the defendent in this case. Additionally, the prosecution has to prove that Zimmerman's actions could have been reasonably forseen as endangering a human life. Talking to someone with a holstered weapon doesn't really meet that criteria (pending other evidence that Zimmerman had previously talked/wrote about killing people or entered the confrontation with weapon drawn or the equivalent doesn't turn up).

And to be clear, I'm all for gun rights and gun ownership but I think this idiot needs to be behind bars and I'm going to be REALLY mad if prosecutorial incompetence lets him skate out of this.

Exactly. Carrying a gun, then using it do defend yourself in a fist fight where you're getting your asked kicked is not "self defense". Particularly if you take several actions to initiate the confrontation.

Unless the defense can prove that Zimmerman was attacked, didn't provoke Martin in anyway, I don't see how they can win.

you must be a jolly ole englishman.

There was a reason we fought the Revolutionary war.

You are innocent until proven guilty.

Technically, the prosecution has to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Zimmerman didn't act in self-defense. You have the burden of proof backwards-- Zimmerman is the defendent in this case. Additionally, the prosecution has to prove that Zimmerman's actions could have been reasonably forseen as endangering a human life. Talking to someone with a holstered weapon doesn't really meet that criteria (pending other evidence that Zimmerman had previously talked/wrote about killing people or entered the confrontation with weapon drawn or the equivalent doesn't turn up).

And to be clear, I'm all for gun rights and gun ownership but I think this idiot needs to be behind bars and I'm going to be REALLY mad if prosecutorial incompetence lets him skate out of this.

The 2 paragraphs in this post are night and day away from each other lol. You say it needs to be proven yet you know he's guilty

The 2 paragraphs in this post are night and day away from each other lol. You say it needs to be proven yet you know he's guilty

Zimmerman absolutely commited homicide.

That homicide could VERY easily be charged as manslaughter.

That homicide (with the evidence so far released) is a STRETCH to be considered second degree murder.

The prosecutor decided to jump to second degree murder.

If the higher burden of proof of second degree murder ends up as an obstacle to convict Zimmerman, he walks.

If he walks, Martin's family does not get justice for their son's death.

This is a problem.

Hence, I can know that he killed the guy (duh! he admitted it!), but simultaneously feel that the prosecutor will have a difficult time proving the charge they arraigned him for.

I'm not sure why this is so damn hard for people to understand. This should help summarize it-- I'm apparently not on Looney Island (on this issue at least) alone here.

In the sensible world of law and order....yes. In the "stand your ground" world...who knows?

In the sensible world of law and order....yes. In the "stand your ground" world...who knows?

whatever the case, the law needs to be changed. otherwise, you can kill whoever you want (so long as their weren't any witnesses) and say you were threatened after the fact.

• 4 weeks later...

Nice that Zimmerman's attorney recognizes the hatred of such a product and its advertisement. Of course he's mostly worried about how it affects his client, not that its really just wrong in and of itself. Of course this is the kind of stuff you expect from some factions that are supporting Zimmerman.

BREITBART) — The medical report from George Zimmerman’s family doctor after the Trayvon Martin shooting shows that Zimmerman’s nose was broken; he also had a pair of black eyes, two lacerations on the back of his head, a bruised upper lip, and a back injury. He was examined by the doctor the day after the shooting. The three-page medical report will likely be used as evidence for the defense.

Meanwhile, the Trayvon Martin autopsy shows that other than his gunshot wound, the only injury on Martin was that the skin on his knuckles was broken. Combined with the evidence from Zimmerman’s medical report, the logical conclusion is that Martin was beating up Zimmerman severely before Zimmerman shot him.

Zimmerman, who is charged with murder in the killing, claims he acted in self-defense and only shot Trayvon when the teen saw the pistol he was carrying and reached for it. It was then, Zimmerman said, he drew the gun himself and pulled the trigger.

Hummmmm..... Sounds like Martin saw the gun and decided to stand his ground and fight instead of running and risk being shot in the back. So when you have conflicting Stand Your Grounds, who has the right of way?

We don't know that. We know the kid fought for his life at some point after being confronted.

I usually see the person being stalked as the victim myself.

We don't know that. We know the kid fought for his life at some point after being confronted.

I usually see the person being stalked as the victim myself.

What, how can it possibly be that way? Poor old George was simply being an upstanding citizen by following a kid, grabbing his pistol, getting out of his car, tracking him down, confronting him, possibly assaulting him first and then shooting him. How could any of this be construed as George not being the victim of a young thug viciously attacking him?!?!?!