[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can't believe this dude isn't in jail....

SEC=UGA

We don't know that. We know the kid fought for his life at some point after being confronted.

I usually see the person being stalked as the victim myself.

Well, I know that if I thought that a guy was following me, I'd run away from him at first, then I'd double back and try to kill him with my bare hands. And if the guy backed down and told me that he didn't want any trouble, I'd really get pissed.

Well, I know that if I thought that a guy was following me, I'd run away from him at first, then I'd double back and try to kill him with my bare hands. And if the guy backed down and told me that he didn't want any trouble, I'd really get pissed.

Well I know that's what I would say if I stalked a kid and murdered him. Since the corpse can't argue with that story and all.

The day after the shooting? I can see where folk might think it is a good idea to get themselves beaten up to support their claim of being beaten up.

Hate to say it.... Georgie ain't that sharp.

Hate to say it.... Georgie ain't that sharp.

Maybe, but he could have gotten advice from somebody before then and had himself beat up. Of coruse had he been booked and held in jail overnight there would be less questioning of the validity of

- family doctor's report (doctors are not above lying)

- the injuries being caused by Martin

Heck, George could have done this to himself between the time he shot Martin and when the police arrived. Was there any DNA evidence of Martin's on George (or vice versa), that proves he was the one who was hitting him?

Maybe, but he could have gotten advice from somebody before then and had himself beat up. Of coruse had he been booked and held in jail overnight there would be less questioning of the validity of

- family doctor's report (doctors are not above lying)

- the injuries being caused by Martin

Heck, George could have done this to himself between the time he shot Martin and when the police arrived. Was there any DNA evidence of Martin's on George (or vice versa), that proves he was the one who was hitting him?

Then you have the other timeline. The one where he got beat up, then apparently had enough time to get cleaned up prior to the video footage at the police station. Now, the next day, he'd beat up again?

For the record, I actually hope he walks. Then, perhaps, there'll be enough pissed off people to enact some meaningful changes to both concealed carry and stand your ground. Putting Zimmerman away isn't going to bring the kid back and, if they put him away, an argument could be made that the law is fine and was merely broken. But someone needs to look at who should be allowed to have concealed carry and recognize that, simply insisting that we do some serious looking into who can legally walk around with a concealed weapon does not mean we're looking to confiscate every gun in America.

There is no slippery slope that leads from not giving nut jobs concealed carry to banning hand guns.

The day after the shooting? I can see where folk might think it is a good idea to get themselves beaten up to support their claim of being beaten up.

Somebody must have examined Zimmerman on the scene. There should be records of that.

I don't doubt that Zimmmerman was getting his ass kicked. But we'll probably never know the reason for that.

• 2 weeks later...

FYI, under federal law someone with a domestic violence conviction (an upheld restraining order is considered a conviction for this purpose) is barred from owning a firearm. So while I haven't followed this case, from what I've read on this thread Zimmerman should have been legally barred from owning a firearm.

• 2 weeks later...

Ha, ha....

CNN) -- George Zimmerman's wife was arrested Tuesday afternoon for allegedly lying at his bond hearing about the couple's finances.

Shellie N. Zimmerman, 25, faces a perjury charge, according to Jackie Barnard, spokeswoman for the State Attorney's office for the Fourth Judicial District of Florida. She met conditions for a $1,000 bond and was released Tuesday afternoon, according to the Seminole County Sheriff's Office.

At her husband's April 20 bond hearing, Shellie Zimmerman was asked whether the couple had financial means to assist in the defense.

"Uhm, not -- not that I'm aware of," she replied, according to a probable cause affidavit filed Monday.

She also testified under oath she was not aware of how much had been raised from a website soliciting cash for George Zimmerman's defense in the February shooting death of Trayvon Martin, 17, in Sanford, Florida. Zimmerman said he acted in self-defense.

In April, Zimmerman was charged with second-degree murder after the case was referred to a state attorney for a review. He was released from custody later that month after posting bail.

On June 1, Seminole County Judge Kenneth Lester Jr. ordered Zimmerman back to jail, accusing the suspect of not being truthful about how much money he had access to when his bond was set.

Prosecutors alleged that George Zimmerman, 28, actually had about $135,000.

According to the affidavit, prepared by an investigator with the State Attorney's office, the Zimmermans discussed finances via phone before the April 20 bond hearing.

Those talks included the transfer of money from George Zimmerman's account to accounts of his sister and wife, according to the affidavit.

Records show $47,000 was transferred from George Zimmerman's account to his sister's account from April 16 and 17, authorities allege. Shellie Zimmerman transferred more than $74,000 from her husband's account to her account from April 16 to April 19, the affidavit states.

George Zimmerman asked his wife in jail calls to "pay off all the bills," including an American Express bill and a Sam's Club card, prosecutors allege.

On April 24, after his release on bond, Shellie Zimmerman transferred more than $85,500 from her account back to George Zimmerman's account, according to the affidavit.

Shellie Zimmerman will be arraigned July 31.

Prosecutors have alleged the Zimmermans spoke in code when discussing the money in a credit union account, according to court documents filed by State Attorney Angela B. Corey.

Zimmerman "fully controlled and participated in the transfer of money from the PayPal account to defendant and his wife's credit union accounts," Corey said in court records. "This occurred prior to the time defendant was arguing to the court that he was indigent and his wife had no money."

The judge "relied on false representations and statements" by Zimmerman and his wife when the court set his bond at $150,000, Corey said. Zimmerman was required to post only 10% of that.

Defense lawyers have argued that "the vast majority of the funds in question are in an independently managed trust" that Zimmerman and his attorneys cannot access directly.

"The audio recordings of Mr. Zimmerman's phone conversation while in jail make it clear that Mr. Zimmerman knew a significant sum had been raised by his original fundraising website," attorneys said last week. "We feel the failure to disclose these funds was caused by fear, mistrust and confusion. The gravity of this mistake has been distinctly illustrated, and Mr. Zimmerman understands that this mistake has undermined his credibility, which he will have to work to repair."

The attorneys said Zimmerman did disclose the existence of the funds five days after the bond hearing, during his first conversation with the defense about the fund. "When the defense team learned of the funds, we disclosed this to the court and to the State Attorney's Office, and the money was transferred to the Legal Defense Fund, which is now independently managed," the defense said.

Of the $204,000 raised by the website, about $150,000 is now in the defense fund and $30,000 was used "to make the complicated transition from private life in Sanford, Florida, to a life in hiding as a defendant in a high-profile court case."

The remainder, about $20,000, "was kept liquid to provide living expenses for the first several months as the legal process unfolds," attorneys said.

• 1 month later...

Evidently Georgie believes that him shooting Trayvon was all a part of "God's Plan"...

Sheesh, why the hell would his attorney allow him to go on TV and say crap like this?

Evidently Georgie believes that him shooting Trayvon was all a part of "God's Plan"...

Sheesh, why the hell would his attorney allow him to go on TV and say crap like this?

It never ceases to amaze me what a low opinion people who apparently follow god, have of him/her/it. Edited by detlef

I realized he'd have his terminology and story down when doing a softball interview with Hannity, but I couldn't believe that the dude said it was god's plan. For fack's sake I tend to consider myself somewhat religious but the chit that get's done in that dude's name is ridiculous. I can't accept anything other than a choke slam when the dude says it was god's plan. Even in chitty stupid religous terms you have to assume that he meant as in the world would be better or things would have worked out a certain way regardless. I get annoyed that they keep showing pics of T when he was 14 but the dude wasn't that evil. And like most of these f-ed up stories both parties are ass hats that I'd like to kick off my lawn. But seriously "God's plan"? This wasn't somebody got cancer, or had a terrible accident. You stocked somebody and got into a fight and then shot that dude. God's plan? Why doesn't lighting strike these jackballs.

• 11 months later...

The bigger/taller kid was stomping him, he shot him to save his own life.

Also the fact was Trayvon Martin was on METH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not an innocent little boy!

• Like 1

Its obvious that this should of never gone to trial. Only reason Zimmerman was arrested was to please the masses.

maybe i haven't been following this closely enough, but why should this case have never gone to trial?

Edited by Jackass

maybe i haven't been following this closely enough, but why should this case have never gone to trial?

Good question, maybe moneymakers thinks shooting people in cold blood after provoking them into a fight is (or should be) legal. Zimmerman must have though so, and apparently so did the cops that did the initial investigation.

• 2 weeks later...

I still have a problem with GZ being this cold blooded wannbe cop vigilante killer when he called the cops before the killing? Why would you do that if you were just gonna kill a guy anyway? Why not wait until it was over and then claim all the same stuff? But why didn't he say he was from the neighborhood watch either?

And if TM was so afraid of the creepy guy following him, why didn't he call the cops or parents? He called some friend not even in the area? Why would TM confront the guy following him why not just go home and call or confront there?

Seems to me that we will never know what "really" happened... but either side being SURE of what did happen is crazy. In the end like or not the verdict is NG because of this exact point... you cannot PROVE what happened.

Sad thing for a kid to be killed so senselessly and such a horrible situation if the version that GZ hunted and killed him intentionally, but also it is sad thing for a man's life to ruined if he had been a guy just trying to help the cops and his neighbors like he said... Not sure who to believe in this... but there certainly was "reasonable doubt" IMO.

• Like 1

I still have a problem with GZ being this cold blooded wannbe cop vigilante killer when he called the cops before the killing? Why would you do that if you were just gonna kill a guy anyway? Why not wait until it was over and then claim all the same stuff? But why didn't he say he was from the neighborhood watch either?

And if TM was so afraid of the creepy guy following him, why didn't he call the cops or parents? He called some friend not even in the area? Why would TM confront the guy following him why not just go home and call or confront there?

Seems to me that we will never know what "really" happened... but either side being SURE of what did happen is crazy. In the end like or not the verdict is NG because of this exact point... you cannot PROVE what happened.

Sad thing for a kid to be killed so senselessly and such a horrible situation if the version that GZ hunted and killed him intentionally, but also it is sad thing for a man's life to ruined if he had been a guy just trying to help the cops and his neighbors like he said... Not sure who to believe in this... but there certainly was "reasonable doubt" IMO.

Just heard he won some kind of lottery to top it off. There's a certain faction of my office ready to mobilize

me thinks. Tavon was looking for some action and he found it. if the shoe fits. profile it. I love the idea of boycotting florida. I think they should boycott the entire country. fyi four black children where shot to death in Chicago over the weekend. By guess who? no media whatever. Trayvon Martin was suspended from school three times in the months before he was shot dead by a neighborhood watchman, it emerged today.

The new claims, revealed in a leaked report, paint a different picture of a teenager who frequently found himself in trouble with authorities.

It was also revealed that he might have attacked a bus driver, according to a Twitter account that it is claimed belonged to the teen.

The Miami Herald claims that in October, he was caught with a 'burglary tool' - a flathead screwdriver - and 12 pieces of women's jewellery. Martin insisted that they did not belong to him.

Earlier, he had been suspended for skipping school and showing up late to class. And most recently, in February, he was suspended again when officials found a 'Josh Gordon pipe' and an empty baggie with traces of the drug.

• Like 1