[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2012 Huddlers' NFL Mock Draft (Commentary ONLY)...

irish

1.09 - Dontai Poe - Carolina Panthers

Dontai Poe rocked the combine coming in at 6-4 and 346 pounds. He lifted an impresive combine-high 44 reps in the bench press and ran the 40-yard dash in 4.98 seconds. Although the Panthers drafted a couple of DT's last season, Poe is a game changer who will open up opportunities for everyone around him. I think the Panthers may trade down to get even more players, but if Poe is available at the nine spot, it would be hard to pass him up.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Dolphins draft their developmental QB of the future in Ryan Tannehill. With his college coach now on the Dolphins staff, plus losing out on the Manning sweepstakes, the Fins realize they need to try and develop a QB on their own. Tannehill has prototype size and speed, and will get to sit and hold a clipboard behind Matt Moore for 2012. Throwing money at Alex Smith doesnt make sense, as the Fins now save their money for free agency.

Ah, good call... I had been owndering what Miami was gonig to do about a QB now, but forget that with Washington trading up, they'll be sitting there at a more appropriate spot to take Tannehill anyway.... With Marshall reverting back to his crazy self and getting their 1 true WR threat shipped out, it really makes sense for them to just move past the Henne/Marshall failure and start over..

1.09 - Dontai Poe - Carolina Panthers

Dontai Poe rocked the combine coming in at 6-4 and 346 pounds. He lifted an impresive combine-high 44 reps in the bench press and ran the 40-yard dash in 4.98 seconds. Although the Panthers drafted a couple of DT's last season, Poe is a game changer who will open up opportunities for everyone around him. I think the Panthers may trade down to get even more players, but if Poe is available at the nine spot, it would be hard to pass him up.

Rocked the combine yes. Rocked on Saturdays... Not so much.

Yeah Poe is way overrated. Then again so is the combine.

Tannehill also not a good pick IMO due to being too risky with that high of a pick. Guy only has a season and a half under his belt. A huge boom/bust pick. True their need is severe but it's not like they're going to the SB this year anyway. I woulda waited till next year to get a real QB.

Tannehill also not a good pick IMO due to being too risky with that high of a pick. Guy only has a season and a half under his belt. A huge boom/bust pick. True their need is severe but it's not like they're going to the SB this year anyway. I woulda waited till next year to get a real QB.

when i heard sherman was our new o coord, i knew this was going to happen. i think its too early for him but theres no other choice but to take him at 8. we have backed ourself into a corner and now we have to go with it....similar to ponder to the vikes last year. the kid is athletic and hopefully will come thru in 2 years after getting more time to develop......worst case if he doesnt work as a qb we can always give him #19 and throw him out at WR again.

He might work out fine and talk about need, again I just think he is too risky with that high of a pick. But maybe the new MIA folks are gamblers and figure they have little to lose at this point, which is true.

KC waiting on the BUF pick, have narrowed choices down to 2 or 3 guys.

lol

I already acknowledged the need, BFD on the coach/OC connection, and his "prototype measurables" aren't all that amazing and only mean so much anyway. And oh btw he often didn't exactly shine against top competition.

One more time: very risky for that high of a pick. He's only done it for about a year and a half and such guys don't have a stellar track record either.

You suck as a GM. Smoke that. ;)

Edited by BeeR

Beer. They need a QB, his college coach is the new offensive coordinator, and has prototype measurables. He won't play this year If Miami is smart, and let him hold a clipboard for a year. I stand by the pick.

Not to mention that the rookie wage scale has removed much of the contract risk, which is why you saw such a boom in early QBs last year. I haven't really been that interested in looking at Tannehill yet, but given the situation alone, it just makes too much sense with Miami striking out in FA (other than Smith, who like you said makes little to no sense with Marshall now gone too. It's rebuild time)

lol

I already acknowledged the need, BFD on the coach/OC connection, and his "prototype measurables" aren't all that amazing and only mean so much anyway. And oh btw he often didn't exactly shine against top competition.

One more time: very risky for that high of a pick. He's only done it for about a year and a half and such guys don't have a stellar track record either.

You suck as a GM. Smoke that. ;)

I am trying to accurately portray the Miami dolphins GM. Of COURSE it is supposed to suck as a GM. It is an over reaction based on losing manning and using other connections to justify drafting tannehill

Maybe you don't get this game? ;)

I am trying to accurately portray the Miami dolphins GM. Of COURSE it is supposed to suck as a GM. It is an over reaction based on losing manning and using other connections to justify drafting tannehill

Maybe you don't get this game? ;)

LMAO!

WR was a miss in free agency, when Meachem bolted for San Diego and the others were snatched up quickly. Floyd is a big target with speed but in the real world I think the pick is too obvious to work out.

The real pick might be Dre Kirkpatrick. They have the pass rush with Mario Williams, to take advantage of that you need cover guys and Leodis Mckelvin, while talented, just isn't the consistent playmaker they hoped for, Terrance McGee is aging and often hurt. Buddy Nix is an SEC guy and if he has a CB rated high enough I bet they take him.

The other possibility, if they decide to further emulate the Giants blueprint against the Patriots, keep picking pass rushers until Brady is dead or retired. Ingram or Upshaw, I wouldn't know which is better in the 4-3.

For these purposes my pick is Floyd and we're happy to have him.

Spielman has been leaking all over the place that elite LTs are not a must for a great team (of course the examples he gave had great QBs which you can fudge at LT a bit) and has been gushing about Claiborne. Smokescreen or what. I don't buy the guy has much of a clue either way.

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe

We, Seattle Seahawks, are very excited that the draft fell our way and we were able to draft the best LB on our board at our greastest need. The selection of LB Luke Kuechly is the perfect fit for our team.

Edited by ajh2

New Orleans forfeits their 2ND round pick this year.

Adjusted.

Irish,

Been following this mock draft, very cool. Could you fix/clarify this pick on the selections thread to include the position (which I believe is CB).

• Tampa Bay - Jolly Rodgers - LSU, Morris Claiborne, LSU

Thanks

He's so good that he is LSU. No position needed. :brow: