[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2012 Huddlers' NFL Mock Draft (Commentary ONLY)...

irish

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder which finishes first... Our mock draft or the real NFL draft...

I PMd Shorty yesterday, so not much we can do other than make a pick for him, which may happen eventually.

Ridiculous

I agree. I did think we were moving rather well. Whatever we get through prior to the draft is fine by me.

Everyone just stay calm! We still have over a month to get this done.

We do have plenty of time.

We, Seattle Seahawks, are very excited that the draft fell our way and we were able to draft the best LB on our board at our greastest need. The selection of LB Luke Kuechly is the perfect fit for our team.

even in a mock draft my pipe dream of the eagles taking a LB in the 1st round is ruined...

Cowboys' selection - CB, Dre Kirkpatrick, Alabama. Kirkpatrick, sounds Irish to me so why not? He is a physical corner with great size. He has good instincts in coverage, is terrific against the run and plays with great confidence. The Cowboys' secondary is a mess and has been for some time. Newman is done. Jenkins and Scandrick are shaky starters. Getting Kirkpatrick fills a hugh void. There were a couple other corners that I liked for the Cowboys but ultimately went here.

One can talk about Cox here and there, but taking Cox is a whole different level of commitment, and one that I was not willing to make.

Very true . . . you have to be like Beer and REALLy REALLY be into Cox and be willing to handle him to take him into your company so early

Sorry for the penis interruptus, but I just noticed something:

Irish, you have the Brandon Marshall trade as such:

• Miami - bpWallace49
  • Miami - from Chicago via Carolina - bpWallace49

But wiki has it as being the Bears' original 3rd rounder they gave to Miami, not the one they got from Carolina:

• Carolina → Chicago (PD). Carolina traded this selection to Chicago for tight end Greg Olsen.
  • Chicago → Miami (PD). Chicago traded this selection and a 2013 third-round selection to Miami for wide receiver Brandon Marshall

I don't know how definitive wiki is, or what your source is, but thought I would bring it up so you could look into it. I did a brief check and didn't find anything on nfl.com that showed a pick tracker covering the 3rd round.

Ok, now back to the phallic follies.

Sorry for the penis interruptus, but I just noticed something:

Irish, you have the Brandon Marshall trade as such:

• Miami - bpWallace49

• Miami - from Chicago via Carolina - bpWallace49

But wiki has it as being the Bears' original 3rd rounder they gave to Miami, not the one they got from Carolina:

• Carolina → Chicago (PD). Carolina traded this selection to Chicago for tight end Greg Olsen.

• Chicago → Miami (PD). Chicago traded this selection and a 2013 third-round selection to Miami for wide receiver Brandon Marshall

I don't know how definitive wiki is, or what your source is, but thought I would bring it up so you could look into it. I did a brief check and didn't find anything on nfl.com that showed a pick tracker covering the 3rd round.

Ok, now back to the phallic follies.

Tight end got traded for a wide receiver.

What kind of league you guys drafting for?

Tight end got traded for a wide receiver.

What kind of league you guys drafting for?

Beer was noting that Cox should have been their pick - maybe he had the tight end in mind as his reasoning.

If the question is serious, the Olsen trade was made last year, and the pick was parleyed (maybe) this year into Marshall.