[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2012 Huddlers' NFL Mock Draft (Commentary ONLY)...

irish

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the Eagles, the LB was out regardless of Kuechy being there or not IMO. They already made a move for Ryans and its just not their MO.

The intriguing prospects are Reiff, Martin and DeCastro but I'm not so sure they go that way this year. Reiff has some question marks and I'm not sure if he or DeCastro fit Mudds system. They are also somewhat set on OL. Next logical place to look is DE since they love their 1st round busts at DE but I think they pass at the depth that is sitting there right now.

This really looks like a year that they either move up or down to me. Or that they really go crazy and take a WR or even possibly a CB. Barron would be nice as well but I'm not sure they take a safety high 3 years in a row.

The next obvious thing for them is another DL pick and DT is always a need with them. I'm giving them Brockers over Still and all the DE/OLB choices

Edited by Zooty

All picks have been updated and I even added Infinity's pick for the Jets even though it was a tad early. He's up for the 2nd Jets pick.

Have any of the draft gurus been down on cox? Or is everyone just filling his head up?

Your forgetting that Dallas needs two CBs and not just one. I did not forget about Carr. However, Ingram or Barron are also good picks.

Dallas believes in Mike Jenkins and signed Scandrick to a pretty massive deal for the 3rd corner. I can see safety or D Line. Ware is elite, Spencer is franchised, Lee is the real deal, and I believe that between Conner and Carter they have the ILB's they need.

Outside of Ratliff I think the line is a bunch of dogs.

OL/DL/S are the biggest holes imo.

Dallas believes in Mike Jenkins and signed Scandrick to a pretty massive deal for the 3rd corner. I can see safety or D Line. Ware is elite, Spencer is franchised, Lee is the real deal, and I believe that between Conner and Carter they have the ILB's they need.

Outside of Ratliff I think the line is a bunch of dogs.

OL/DL/S are the biggest holes imo.

I hear ya but as much as Dallas believes that Jenkins and Scandrick are the ways to go at CB, along with Newman, I just don't. I figured I'd take the liberties bestowed upon me in this Mock to draft a true need that we've had for years in the secondary. Kirkpatrick would do that and since CB is thin, grabbing him first and other help elsewhere is more plausible.

Yeah, we figured Cox would get you excited... The dillema is that you have to make sure it's the right Cox, or you're never going to fill all your holes.

All I know is the KC fans erupted in glee when they got Cox. They just can't seem to get their fill of Cox. Cox will be a hot commodity with KCers.

Irish, I agree. That is the same thinking I have.

The defensive needs are great so DE, CB, or S and I have no problem with any pick at these positions unless it was a real reach. Dallas solved LB needs with the signing of Dan Connor. So Defense to me is the way to go. I prefer Kirikpatrick to Jenkins due to the off-field issues (4 kids, trouble with Florida and the law). Barron if available is acceptable. Ingram if available is acceptable. All three meet definite needs for the defense. So any of these picks would get my vote of confidence. I am surprised that Newman was not cut. He may have taken a pay cut to stay. With Eli, RGIII, and Vick, Dallas could use all the cover corners they can get. So this pick is very warranted in my opinion because of the competetion faced twice a year.