[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2012 Huddlers' NFL Mock Draft (Commentary ONLY)...

irish

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's clear now I should have taken the best OT on the board at 1.10 then come back with best available CB or WR at 2.10. The selection of Fleener is a value/luxury pick. Watching Gronkowski and Hernandez in the same division we'd like to have a similar threat with the 6'7" Chandler and 6'6" Fleener. Should equal redzone match-up nightmares for opposing D-coordinators.

Making the best out of a bad situation we should really upgrade the receiving corp with the additions of Floyd and Fleener.

Seattle pcks Chandler Jones, DE, Syracuse. Seattle upgrades their Defense with an DE that is high on their board which blosters their Defense. In the Division with SF and STL which will be run first teams, DE will be a necessitity. Getting a First Round Grade in the Second Round is good value. Wanted Fleener to upgrade TE but he was off teh board. C. Jones had the highest grade left on the board.

Don't ask me what happened to the format in the OP. At least all the info is there.

I'm out for Philly. I have RFA running at this point and can't keep up with the pace here

I'll see what I can do. Thanks for taking part.

The dolphins trade away Brandon Marshall, then draft his replacement to grow with tannehill. Wanted fleener, but got sniped. Still happy so far by addressing two major needs

i like the WR choice but personally I like Rueben Randle over Hill....Hill just seems like a fast guy from the combine without well rounded WR skills (we already have gates for pure speed and have struck out on a high pick speed guy before--Ginn). Randle more ready to play WR right away. Fleener would have been a mistake for the Dolphins cuz Clay is our Hback, so we need a full time TE to replace Fasano like Orson Charles or Dwayne Allen.....possibilities in the 3rd round if they are still there. Otherwise we need to look at DE, O line, or CB/S with our back to back 3rd rounders.

Agree. Speed is nice but IMO often overrated. Troy Williamson is a poster child for that IMO. Good hands, smart player route runner etc are more important.

Hines Ward.

i like the WR choice but personally I like Rueben Randle over Hill....Hill just seems like a fast guy from the combine without well rounded WR skills (we already have gates for pure speed and have struck out on a high pick speed guy before--Ginn). Randle more ready to play WR right away. Fleener would have been a mistake for the Dolphins cuz Clay is our Hback, so we need a full time TE to replace Fasano like Orson Charles or Dwayne Allen.....possibilities in the 3rd round if they are still there. Otherwise we need to look at DE, O line, or CB/S with our back to back 3rd rounders.

I se what you are saying . . . . but Stephen Hill is a much better downfield blocker to go with elite speed and size. That factored in on my choice for WR. Hill caught everything at the combine and can add in stretching the field to open up the running lanes underneath. Randle is also a good pick, but I dont trust people named after sandwiches

i guess georgia tech wr's have had a better record lately in the NFL (Calvin & Demaryius thomas), while a lot of LSU wr's have flopped or not lived up to their potential (meachem, buster davis, lafell, doucet, devery henderson, josh reed)--bowe is the only lsu wr to do anything in the league recently. guess odds r in hill's favor.

i guess georgia tech wr's have had a better record lately in the NFL (Calvin & Demaryius thomas), while a lot of LSU wr's have flopped or not lived up to their potential (meachem, buster davis, lafell, doucet, devery henderson, josh reed)--bowe is the only lsu wr to do anything in the league recently. guess odds r in hill's favor.

I really took the blocking aspect to heart as well. With Bush and Thomas, plus his downfield speed, I think that Hill is a solid complimnet to the Miami personnel right now.

Plus the whole "top wr plus top qb and grow together thing" like Cincy last year had me going WR here. The other issues may be addressed in the 3rd with the back to back picks.

PM me when we get closer for a Fins fan insight!

I se what you are saying . . . . but Stephen Hill is a much better downfield blocker to go with elite speed and size. That factored in on my choice for WR. Hill caught everything at the combine and can add in stretching the field to open up the running lanes underneath. Randle is also a good pick, but I dont trust people named after sandwiches

Agreed, his catches from the combine looked solid, and you can make up for a few shortcomings when you got that combination of size and speed. He'd be much riskier in the first if he turns into a project, but 6th reciever off the board in the second to replace Marshall, seems like a no-brainer to me...

Just wanted to say sorry for holding it up, no excuse, did not realize my turn had finally come up.

I'm over n out also FYI, I know even less about 3d rounders than I do the others and frankly I thought this would go way quicker...

The Chiefs select, OT, Bobby Massie, Ole Miss. Massie's stock is on the rise and this would be a nice pick for the Chiefs especially after filling avoid along the D-line in round 1. Massie is a big dude who plays with nastiness and is a mauler in the runner game, while displaying solid mobility. He has LT potential but if that doesn't pan out, he could move to the right side or inside as option B.

NP, thanks for taking part at all.

Irish is... I mean, I'm up for the Boys.

/tap /tap /tap

Sorry, busy drafting for lots of other teams. LoL!!

The Cowboys select - OG, Kevin Zeitler, Wisconsin. Zeitler is a heady, technically sound interior O-lineman who rarely makes a mistake. He's quick to recognize stunts and blitzes, plays with a wide base, has good feet, always hits his target and plays with a mean streak. He should be a very serviceable starter and will help upgrade or at least support an aging interior for the Boys.

Edited by irish

The Eagles select - RB, Doug Martin, Boise State. Martin is listed as high as the 2nd RB to come off the board and will do so in late round 1 or round 2. Martin should be a perfect fit for what the Eagles need as he'd be a solid complement to McCoy. He's a bowling-ball runner between the tackles, flashes a burst into and out of the hole and lowers his pads and delivers a blow into the chest of defenders. He falls forward on nearly every run due to lean and finds creases with jump-steps and bounces into the open on some plays. He has good acceleration and straight-line speed to break off long runs and cuts hard to his left and right equally as well. He does not offer much in terms of pass protection but McCoy would be in for that stuff anyhow. He's often subbed out in obvious passing situations. He does not anchor against oncoming blitzers and is a poor cut tackler, defenders easily elude him. He lacks height but possesses strength, build and attitude to improve with more coaching. Martin is a solid receiver in the flat, capable of running through tackles on the edge to move the chains. He's flexible enough to catch passes thrown behind him and effective on center screens, making the first man miss to get into space. He rarely goes out of bounds (unless time requires) and cuts inside tacklers to get extra yardage.

Does anybody still in the draft appreciate comments in the thread from the guys who are no longer participating?

I for one do not.

Sorry didn't realize this was a closed thread