[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I am white trash, according to a guy with a dot on his head.

Rovers

My town has a large Paki-Indi population, and was even called "Little India" by the local newspaper. I don't have any particular problem with these people, they don't generally don't cause much trouble although they do tend to have several generations and as many as 10 to 16 people living in thier suburban homes. They tend to smell of curry and garlic, but I'm Irish and smell of booze. That is the background info.

So, I am leaving a gas station and have to make a hard right, almost a U-turn back onto the 4 lane road. That means I need two clear lanes to make the turn. I was cautious to leave room in the "driveway" or curbside to leave enough room for someone entering the gas station to make the turn in. I'm waiting less than 5 seconds, and a car wants to enter. It is a bit tight, but room enough. The car stops in the street, and then makes the turn into the curbside cutout. As he does, the driver CLEARLY looks at me and says "You feckin az-zhole." I give him the middle digit.

As I leave and pass him, he flips me the bird from the staion. I pull over. I'm pissed. I pull over. I walk back. I ask him what his problem is. He tells me I fipped the bird first and denies cursing me out. I tell him he is full of horse manure, and he calls me a white piece of trash.

I look at the red dot on his head. I asked if he just called me white trash. He went into some story about how he was talking to his son, all of a year old in a child seat. Of course, the 4 beers I had with lunch might have me with a shorter fuse than would be typical, but doubtful and I'm fumin. He calls me white trash again. I shove him. I ask him if he wants to get frecked up today. He starts to argue, and I ask him again, say one more word, one word, and you are getting frecked up today. I told him to go back to whatever frecked up country he came from, and called him a freckin dot head. Honestly, if it hadn't been for having had 4 brews and driving, I would have nailed him right then and there. Drunken driving no, nailing this guy, yes.... I REALLY wanted to make a hole in his face.

I haven't been in a brawl for a very long time. In fact, I never was a very good fighter. Unless I lost it. I almost lost it today. Fortunately, he knew I was dead serious. A 35 year old guy against a near 60 year old, andf I was soooo ready to go. It's not like 4 Coors lights gave me beer muscles or put me in an agitated state. Being cursed out for no reason, then being called white trash.... breaking point.

I need to retire and move to West Virginia.

Rovers- While I enjoy your posts, and I really do, the thing that sticks out to me is 4 beers and driving. Light beer or no that's plainly a DUI. Right?

Depending on how quickly he drank them and his weight, probably not. He was on the precipice, though, somewhere between .05 and .08. Subtract about .01 for each 40 minutes that he had been drinking.

Edited by SEC=UGA

Depending on how quickly he drank them and his weight, probably not. He was on the precipice, though, somewhere between .05 and .08. Subtract about .01 for each 40 minutes that he had been drinking.

It was lunch time. He mentioned being concerned about getting in trouble for driving. Based on that, I'd assume he slammed them in a very short period of time and was in a slightly altered state of mind.

Edited by Hugh 0ne

Not sure I'd let that kind of thing get to me to where I'd have to pull over and fight someone. I'd let it go next time honestly. FWIW, I've had something similar happen to me when I moved out of my apartment in 2002. I was momentarily blocking someone's parking spot (seriously for just a couple minutes) when this African-American lady comes at me calling me"white trash" for blocking her spot. I was really blown away. Reverse racism is sure fun. Wheeeeeeeeeeee!

So, you were driving drunk and pulled over to get out of your car to confront someone who gave you the finger? Sounds pretty white trash to me. :shrug:

+1 you certainly described yourself as one.

Were you too drunk to put your car back up on its cinderblocks?

So, you were driving drunk and pulled over to get out of your car to confront someone who gave you the finger? Sounds pretty white trash to me. :shrug:

Rovers, this kind of action goes over better in the state of Florida. That's where you should move depending how the current hot self-defense claim concludes. See Can't believe this dude isn't in jail.... thread.

I love reading about other people's confrontations! :lol:

You gotta be careful who you flip off in your car man... sometimes they follow you and want to mix it up, or othertimes they may look like they are following you but end up coincidentally going to the same place as either a co-worker or a client.

Rovers- While I enjoy your posts, and I really do, the thing that sticks out to me is 4 beers and driving. Light beer or no that's plainly a DUI. Right?

Yeah, that was the thing. The store is about a 1/2 mile away. I had a burger and potato salad with 4 brews for lunch. I needed dog food and coffee and a few other items. I figured, a half mile... and maybe not even over the limit... but no doubt I was of no danger on the road, but maybe bordertline legal. Not a good choice. I am not defending that choice. Just being honest about the whole thing. I could have omitted all of that... but it WAS why I didn't beat this guy down, frankly. If I had been stone cold sober, I'd be in jail for assault right now.

I knew I'd get flack for that, but I am honest sometimes to a fault. That's what happened. I hardly thought this 1/2 mile trip would be so eventful, and I was beyond any doubt safe to drive, but legal... it was borderline. 4 beers in two hours. The alc calculators put that right on the cusp.

Just got me soooo po'd this guy would make racist remarks.... had nuthin to do with him cursing me out for NO reason.

Just got me soooo po'd this guy would make racist remarks.... had nuthin to do with him cursing me out for NO reason.

Until this thread, I never realized that folks considered the term "white trash" to be a racist term. I always thought it had more to do with one's class in society.

Really the most remarkable part of the story since he's a home brewer.

I haven't brewed in years now.... just ONE pint of that chit would get me over the limit. Drink a pint of my homebrew, and yer grounded. I doubt very highly in this incident I would have been over the limit. But... it was too much of a risk to find out. I know for a fact that 3 instead of 4 would have been under the limit, but why has this turned into a DWI thread? Interesting. I seriously doubt I was over the limit, but the idea scared me enough to back off. Assault would have been more than enough to deal with... and I would have.... I really was that torqued off. He made it a racial thing. Might have gone easier on me.

Ya'll don't know me so step off! I didn't steal them rims and the dude wasn't even home so he lyin' when he said he saw me anyhow!

Yeah those my dogs! Go ahead and call the SPCA, they already been out here, said as long as they got food and shelter they can't do anything! You so concerned, you can walk 'em, I ain't got time to walk 10 dogs.

Yeah, that is a laptop with bullet holes in it, got a problem?!

My town has a large Paki-Indi population, and was even called "Little India" by the local newspaper. I don't have any particular problem with these people, they don't generally don't cause much trouble although they do tend to have several generations and as many as 10 to 16 people living in thier suburban homes. They tend to smell of curry and garlic, but I'm Irish and smell of booze. That is the background info.

So, I am leaving a gas station and have to make a hard right, almost a U-turn back onto the 4 lane road. That means I need two clear lanes to make the turn. I was cautious to leave room in the "driveway" or curbside to leave enough room for someone entering the gas station to make the turn in. I'm waiting less than 5 seconds, and a car wants to enter. It is a bit tight, but room enough. The car stops in the street, and then makes the turn into the curbside cutout. As he does, the driver CLEARLY looks at me and says "You feckin az-zhole." I give him the middle digit.

As I leave and pass him, he flips me the bird from the staion. I pull over. I'm pissed. I pull over. I walk back. I ask him what his problem is. He tells me I fipped the bird first and denies cursing me out. I tell him he is full of horse manure, and he calls me a white piece of trash.

I look at the red dot on his head. I asked if he just called me white trash. He went into some story about how he was talking to his son, all of a year old in a child seat. Of course, the 4 beers I had with lunch might have me with a shorter fuse than would be typical, but doubtful and I'm fumin. He calls me white trash again. I shove him. I ask him if he wants to get frecked up today. He starts to argue, and I ask him again, say one more word, one word, and you are getting frecked up today. I told him to go back to whatever frecked up country he came from, and called him a freckin dot head. Honestly, if it hadn't been for having had 4 brews and driving, I would have nailed him right then and there. Drunken driving no, nailing this guy, yes.... I REALLY wanted to make a hole in his face.

I haven't been in a brawl for a very long time. In fact, I never was a very good fighter. Unless I lost it. I almost lost it today. Fortunately, he knew I was dead serious. A 35 year old guy against a near 60 year old, andf I was soooo ready to go. It's not like 4 Coors lights gave me beer muscles or put me in an agitated state. Being cursed out for no reason, then being called white trash.... breaking point.

I need to retire and move to West Virginia.

That sucks, man. Sounds like something I would do. I've been known to have some road rage from time to time. One time I pulled over, got out of my car and started walking toward the a$$hole who just cut me off. As I'm walking, this HUGH dark skinned fellow gets out of his car - I did an about-face and got the hell out of dodge. Another time, I was driving next to some cork snacker and I started hard steering my car into his in an attempt to ram him. Yeah, I used to have some anger issues. These days I'm pretty good about maintaining my composer.

Best of luck to you next time, Rovers :tup: