[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I am white trash, according to a guy with a dot on his head.

Rovers

I admit to some stupid road rage from time to time that I usually regret after the fact. Please don't get out of your car. You can get cranked up but you never know how cranked up the other guy can get. He may be packing and draw down on you. It's not worth it.

Alrgiht, I tried to stay out of this, but I think the thing being overlooked than anything is that, regardless of how much they deserve it, the consequences simply aren't worth it.

One night when I was in college, I had some friends over from out of town. The last of them was taking a cab over, when we hear him outside yelling and arguing with the cab driver, trying to charge him like 20 or 30 bucks, when it costed about 5-10 per person, which he knew as well as we did. So a bunch of us go out there, and as we're arguing, this wasted guy in the cab starts arguing a little bit with our friend too, and out of nowhere jumps out of the cab and blindsides him, knocking him out.

Not a smart idea, as several of my buddies and my brother got into it with him, and ended up beating the ever-living CHIPS AHOY! out of the guy, sending him to the hospital. The cops show up and get witnesses to ID people, but no charges were pressed, because the guy was beligerent drunk, and even though the cab driver took off as the only witness to see that the other guy provoked it, he was cool and believed us.

However, his police report told a far different story, and looked incredibly bad for those involved (and even one of my buddy's who wasn't involved, because me and him saw the others had it handled, got incorrectly IDed). So this guy finds the one kid whose parents have the most dough, and ends up extorting everyone for $30,000, which they had to pay, because the report was extremely damning and on his side. They did finally stand their ground when he came back trying to get more money, that they'd get lawyers and make sure he didn't get another penny, and that was that, but the moral of the story still stands.

You can be completely in the right (even though I think your case is not even in the same hemisphere as in the right to retaliate against someone who actually blindsided someone), but the consequences simply aren't worth it, when you have the choice to be the bigger man like you could have.

Edited by delusions of granduer

Alrgiht, I tried to stay out of this, but I think the thing being overlooked than anything is that, regardless of how much they deserve it, the consequences simply aren't worth it.

One night when I was in college, I had some friends over from out of town. The last of them was taking a cab over, when we hear him outside yelling and arguing with the cab driver, trying to charge him like 20 or 30 bucks, when it costed about 5-10 per person, which he knew as well as we did. So a bunch of us go out there, and as we're arguing, this wasted guy in the cab starts arguing a little bit with our friend too, and out of nowhere jumps out of the cab and blindsides him, knocking him out.

Not a smart idea, as several of my buddies and my brother got into it with him, and ended up beating the ever-living CHIPS AHOY! out of the guy, sending him to the hospital. The cops show up and get witnesses to ID people, but no charges were pressed, because the guy was beligerent drunk, and even though the cab driver took off as the only witness to see that the other guy provoked it, he was cool and believed us.

However, his police report told a far different story, and looked incredibly bad for those involved (and even one of my buddy's who wasn't involved, because me and him saw the others had it handled, got incorrectly IDed). So this guy finds the one kid whose parents have the most dough, and ends up extorting everyone for $30,000, which they had to pay, because the report was extremely damning and on his side. They did finally stand their ground when he came back trying to get more money, that they'd get lawyers and make sure he didn't get another penny, and that was that, but the moral of the story still stands.

You can be completely in the right (even though I think your case is not even in the same hemisphere as in the right to retaliate against someone who actually blindsided someone), but the consequences simply aren't worth it, when you have the choice to be the bigger man like you could have.

not an English major I see?

The rest of the post was TL,DR so I will now just call you Detlef Jr.

I disagree...there are a ton of big fellows who can't throw down...and skinny guys who can....

It's about heart...

But on a side note Rovers story still screams of fabrication.....I think he had more than a handful of brews and drove more than 1/2 mile and the kid was more than a year old....:oldrazz:

Unless said big fellow can throw down. Then the size of your heart won't matter if his is proportional to him.

I've boxed, studied Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Muay Thai. One thing I've learned is to absolutely never under estimate anyone, and that any able bodied man has the potential to hit you in the button and knock you out. Or they have a tire iron/knife/gun/baseball bat, which you're going to have to be a badass at your craft and remain cool under pressure to get out of that.

I'm 6'2 230, have a decent knowledge of striking and grappling and I have used it to get out of fights or bad situations, never to start one. Way more can go wrong in real fights. If you lose, you may be stabbed, shot, and or broken which could leave you crippled or dead. If you win, you could face felony assult or even worse. Either way you're more than likely going to lose somehow.

I'm sure other guys who have trained in some sort of martial art, or to have been in serious fights can tell you that no matter how bad you think you are, there is always someone that is bigger and badder. I don't understand the macho crazyness that leads people to fight over something that in the grand scheme of things isn't important.