Sign in to follow this  
Hugh 0ne

Words with Friends Tournament

Anyone seen Hugh 0ne?

Anyone seen Hugh 0ne?

I won't be very available until Monday, I apologize in advance. I'll start the game and do my best but I'll be driving about 10 hours Friday and Saturday so I probably won't be able to play at all during most of those days.

Yeah sorry, I've been way sick since Saturday, so our game stalled out until yesterday. We're about done and I'm almost about to give up though.

SNICKERSer roasted me trying to set up a triple-letter tile to use a Q for qi, and will probably be the difference. He even called me out and everything :lol:

:brow:

So any more results? Feels like this thing ground to a halt. Who's in the elite 8 so far?

Gopher beat me 418 - 339

Edit: after he used up all his tiles to spell strengthen, he held the lead the rest of the way..

I also would like to add that maybe we could re-seed everyone out of the remaining 8 based on their scores

Edited by Avernus

Gopher beat me 418 - 339

Edit: after he used up all his tiles to spell strengthen, he held the lead the rest of the way..

I also would like to add that maybe we could re-seed everyone out of the remaining 8 based on their scores

Meh...I think you'd find the scores bunched up with an average around 390, and really your score has a lot to do with quality of opponent. Better players don't leave a J hanging by a triple word, for example.

But I'm definitely in favor of another tourney after this one, and seed it based on results from this tourney. This taco is fun.

victorious. defeated DoG 303-277

my handle is thudnell1967

Gopher beat me 418 - 339

Not intending to sound cliche, but that game was way closer than the final score makes it appear. You're absolutely right... I think it was my opening play, where I was able to use all seven tiles to play "strengthen." After that, it seemed like I was just (barely) one step ahead of you, the rest of the game. I'd play to get a 30-50 point lead, then you'd play to get back to within 10-15. Rinse, repeat. Seemed like a defensive battle, in that neither one of us set up the other, yet the final score was still fairly high.

Great game.

Dirty Sanchez, looks like I've got you next. My handle is Karlito1975.

Round One:

Winners in bold:

1 Dirty Sanchez

32 twiley/peepinmofo

2 Sheik Yerbuti

31 Egret

3 dug

30 Sunday Couch Potatoe

4 DMD

29 Big Country

5 Scooby

28 rhippens

6 kpholmes

27 Matt770

7 Delusions of granduer

26 Tonorator

8 Avernus

25 Chiefjay

9 Gopher

24 CaP'N GRuNGe

10 RajnCajn

23 Seattle Lawdawg

11 I_am_swammi

22 Whomper

12 Scooby's Hubby

21 Puddy

13 ljbrun

20 Muck

14 bpwallace49

19 Hugh 0ne

15 Irish

18 Timmypg

16 Czarina

17 T_bone65

Complete.

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe

If the bracket i'm looking at is standard and correct,( http://www.printyour...ngle-Seeded.gif ) the next round would look like this:

***SWEET SIXTEEN***

Winners in BOLD

1 Dirty Sanchez vs 16 Czarina

9 Gopher vs 8 Avernus

4 DMD vs 20 Muck

21 Puddy vs 28 rhippens

31 Egret vs 18 Timmypg

10 rajncajn vs 26 Tonorator

3 Dug vs 19 Hugh One

11 i_am_swammi vs 27 Matt770

Complete

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe

Not intending to sound cliche, but that game was way closer than the final score makes it appear. You're absolutely right... I think it was my opening play, where I was able to use all seven tiles to play "strengthen." After that, it seemed like I was just (barely) one step ahead of you, the rest of the game. I'd play to get a 30-50 point lead, then you'd play to get back to within 10-15. Rinse, repeat. Seemed like a defensive battle, in that neither one of us set up the other, yet the final score was still fairly high.

Great game.

Agreed...I tried to hang in there so maybe I could deliver on a big play but I never had or saw the opportunity to capitalize and even if I did, you came right back with something in the ballpark...

Definitely a good game though

I beat Muck 409 to 345

Egret is up 13 with around 15 tiles left. This one should be close.

3 tiles left now. I'm up 380-341. Timmy's move. I traded in tiles a few moves ago. Sorry for the vowel dump.

Man, I love a good vowel dump when there are only a few tiles left.

Gopher - 422

Dirty Sanchez - 363

Gopher got the Q, Z, J, and X and scored big on all of them. I couldn't fight back with my bad racks. This needs to be best 2 out of 3 next time to avoid losing rounds in games like this.

Good game and good luck, Gopher.

egret - game sent.

...looks like I'm starting in the whole. After one move each, I'm down 49-20.

DMD and I went to the wire and he pulled it out 381-369. Good game.