[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Words with Friends Tournament

Hugh 0ne

Anyone seen Hugh 0ne?

I won't be very available until Monday, I apologize in advance. I'll start the game and do my best but I'll be driving about 10 hours Friday and Saturday so I probably won't be able to play at all during most of those days.

Yeah sorry, I've been way sick since Saturday, so our game stalled out until yesterday. We're about done and I'm almost about to give up though.

SNICKERSer roasted me trying to set up a triple-letter tile to use a Q for qi, and will probably be the difference. He even called me out and everything :lol:

:brow:

Gopher beat me 418 - 339

Edit: after he used up all his tiles to spell strengthen, he held the lead the rest of the way..

I also would like to add that maybe we could re-seed everyone out of the remaining 8 based on their scores

Edited by Avernus

Gopher beat me 418 - 339

Edit: after he used up all his tiles to spell strengthen, he held the lead the rest of the way..

I also would like to add that maybe we could re-seed everyone out of the remaining 8 based on their scores

Meh...I think you'd find the scores bunched up with an average around 390, and really your score has a lot to do with quality of opponent. Better players don't leave a J hanging by a triple word, for example.

But I'm definitely in favor of another tourney after this one, and seed it based on results from this tourney. This taco is fun.

Gopher beat me 418 - 339

Not intending to sound cliche, but that game was way closer than the final score makes it appear. You're absolutely right... I think it was my opening play, where I was able to use all seven tiles to play "strengthen." After that, it seemed like I was just (barely) one step ahead of you, the rest of the game. I'd play to get a 30-50 point lead, then you'd play to get back to within 10-15. Rinse, repeat. Seemed like a defensive battle, in that neither one of us set up the other, yet the final score was still fairly high.

Great game.

Round One:

Winners in bold:

1 Dirty Sanchez

32 twiley/peepinmofo

2 Sheik Yerbuti

31 Egret

3 dug

30 Sunday Couch Potatoe

4 DMD

29 Big Country

5 Scooby

28 rhippens

6 kpholmes

27 Matt770

7 Delusions of granduer

26 Tonorator

8 Avernus

25 Chiefjay

9 Gopher

24 CaP'N GRuNGe

10 RajnCajn

23 Seattle Lawdawg

11 I_am_swammi

22 Whomper

12 Scooby's Hubby

21 Puddy

13 ljbrun

20 Muck

14 bpwallace49

19 Hugh 0ne

15 Irish

18 Timmypg

16 Czarina

17 T_bone65

Complete.

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe

If the bracket i'm looking at is standard and correct,( http://www.printyour...ngle-Seeded.gif ) the next round would look like this:

***SWEET SIXTEEN***

Winners in BOLD

1 Dirty Sanchez vs 16 Czarina

9 Gopher vs 8 Avernus

4 DMD vs 20 Muck

21 Puddy vs 28 rhippens

31 Egret vs 18 Timmypg

10 rajncajn vs 26 Tonorator

3 Dug vs 19 Hugh One

11 i_am_swammi vs 27 Matt770

Complete

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe

Not intending to sound cliche, but that game was way closer than the final score makes it appear. You're absolutely right... I think it was my opening play, where I was able to use all seven tiles to play "strengthen." After that, it seemed like I was just (barely) one step ahead of you, the rest of the game. I'd play to get a 30-50 point lead, then you'd play to get back to within 10-15. Rinse, repeat. Seemed like a defensive battle, in that neither one of us set up the other, yet the final score was still fairly high.

Great game.

Agreed...I tried to hang in there so maybe I could deliver on a big play but I never had or saw the opportunity to capitalize and even if I did, you came right back with something in the ballpark...

Definitely a good game though