[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Words with Friends Tournament

Hugh 0ne

New tourney? Yes.

This time, do a best two of three ... start all three games at the same time ...

Each person should start one game with their opponent so that both have the opportunity to play first. Then, if a tiebreaker is needed, a third game can be started by the higher point total player.

Edited by rajncajn

I'm not going to suggest we go this route for the next go round , but perhaps after a striaght 2 out of 3 tourney, it could be a combined points thing for 2 games (each player going first in one), and in the event the combined scores are tied, then a third game is played.

Each person should start one game with their opponent so that both have the opportunity to play first. Then, if a tiebreaker is needed, a third game can be started by the higher point total player.

I agree with Rajn

So Gopher wanted to apologize to you guys, he knows you're waiting for the outcome of this tournament. Unfortunately, you know with the economy and all, he had to take a job in a sweatshop. The supervisor is this total bastard named Kang Liu, and he only lets the workers take a break every 8 hours. So Gopher just played a word at around 11PM, and I'm expecting the next one around 7AM at the rate we're going.

To all my fans, I'd like to thank you again for the cards and letters. It won't be long now.

Ugh... Cut the lead from roughly 70 down to 20, with just a few tiles left for each of us. Unfortunately for me, Matt was able to clear his rack while I still had four letters left (including a Q). Definitely a defensive battle (I think I scored 100 points more than this in nearly all of my other games)... I was unable to capitalize on any big scores, while Matt hit on a couple of key words for doubles/triples.

Good game, Matt.

So Gopher wanted to apologize to you guys, he knows you're waiting for the outcome of this tournament. Unfortunately, you know with the economy and all, he had to take a job in a sweatshop. The supervisor is this total bastard named Kang Liu, and he only lets the workers take a break every 8 hours. So Gopher just played a word at around 11PM, and I'm expecting the next one around 7AM at the rate we're going.

To all my fans, I'd like to thank you again for the cards and letters. It won't be long now.

For what it's worth, the game you and I played was probably the quickest of the games I played in this tournament. And, in keeping up with this thread, I would have to say that it appeared that there were several other participants who took a lot more time than we did. Unlike some people (apparently), I have more important things to do than sit and wait for my WWF opponent to make their next move. ;)

For what it's worth, the game you and I played was probably the quickest of the games I played in this tournament. And, in keeping up with this thread, I would have to say that it appeared that there were several other participants who took a lot more time than we did. Unlike some people (apparently), I have more important things to do than sit and wait for my WWF opponent to make their next move. ;)

Yeah you were slow as molasses in January dude. What's more important than WWF, I'm confused.

Pretty much everything. :) This is basically at the absolute bottom of my priority list, as I imagine it would be for most people. That said, when I am notified that it's my turn to play, I do so as soon as I can. Sometimes that's immediately, sometimes it's longer... a couple of hours, 8 hours, or longer. I've got way important things to worry about than whether or not I'm holding up my WWF opponent, and I wouldn't expect anything different from them in return.