Sign in to follow this  
Hugh 0ne

Words with Friends Tournament

If we let mucks dogs in, then we need 2.

I would say we just give 2 random byes when the pairings are drawn.

Sounds like a plan...

Muck, mucks dogs. I see no difference there. Don't have a problem with a couple of spouses playing either if it gets us filled up.

Also wondering if we should hold off on starting new games once we have a full compliment so that everyone is playing with a clean slate?

Single elimination? If it started tonight or tomorrow, I could join, I am going out of town on Friday and probably wouldn't have time to play this weekend.

I'd be open to taking two spots since I've NEVER played this game before and, in all probability will get knocked out in my first game.

Or, I should say, my dogs have never played this game before and they would probably get knocked out in their first game.

:unsure:

Single elimination? If it started tonight or tomorrow, I could join, I am going out of town on Friday and probably wouldn't have time to play this weekend.

I'd like to play my first game tonight. Like in 15 minutes?

Or, actually, my dogs would like to play their first game tonight...like in 15 minutes.

I'll play if it's not too late.

You're in. As is Scooby's Hubby. This is not a race, I would say we should try to get the first round done in about a week or so, so everyone should have plenty of time. I'd prefer not to have people (Muck and his dogs) have multiple teams. And with SH and Twiley we only need one more. Is that cool?

Anyone up for a practice game? I'd like to not pop my cherry on the first game of the tourney...

Anyone up for a practice game? I'd like to not pop my cherry on the first game of the tourney...

username: twileyx

:(

My computer doesn't like WWF via my dogs FB page for some reason. It'll have to wait until I get home (which won't be for a while). :turd:

Shoot me an invite xrajncajnx

Oh hell yeah I want in on this.

Username - jason.goble

(notice the dot)

Edited by peepinmofo

That's 32, right? :shades:

looks like we have 32, now.

my callsign is woolz73

seed me in the bottom half of the talent (if not random), I am really not that good.

So is this gig going to be single elimination?

Until I figure out why, I'll only be able to play from my laptop.

You're up!

When is the official tournament selection/seeding show? :coffee:

When is the official tournament selection/seeding show? :coffee:

Yeah, I am ready to get crackin'. Hopefully I don't have to play Scooby in the first round, I am tired of getting beaten by her.

Until I figure out why, I'll only be able to play from my laptop.

You mean your dogs will only be able to play from your laptop...

Yeah, I am ready to get crackin'. Hopefully I don't have to play Scooby in the first round, I am tired of getting beaten by her.

TMI

I guess you'll need my username...Puddy68.

Based on my record against Grunge and Rajn, I doubt I'll be around too long.

I guess you'll need my username...Puddy68.

Based on my record against Grunge and Rajn, I doubt I'll be around too long.

Im close to winning against rajn and matt right now but they are snipers so I wont count my chickens.

Suggestion ...

Since whomever goes first gets a 'freebie' double word to start the game, and since whomever goes first is a bit of a crapshoot, let's undo the first double word score when determining the winner of each match. Its sort of like giving the "home team" in a FF game a three point home field advantage before the kickoff of the first game. It's hardly fair, and it skews the results towards whomever happened to go first.

For example, in my game against twiley right now, I went first ("waive") and got an extra 12pts simply because i went first. For our purposes, we shouldn't consider it a win unless I'd actually beat him by more than 12pts.

Words with friends is different from Scrabble in that you do not automatically get double points for simply being first ... you have to open with at least a 5 letter word to get double. But then you also allow player two to get his/her choice of other bonus tiles. To me, it is neither here nor there. Of course, when you play cooby she opens with using all her tiles and gets a double on top of a double, so look out!