[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Words with Friends Tournament

Hugh 0ne

I don't care how it is seeded, either, except that I don't want to play Scooby in the first round because I have never played anyone else. I am looking forward to playing other people. Any random method is fine and I trust whoever to do so without having it to be so official.

I count 33, someone check my work:

Avernus

Big Country

bpwallace49

CaP'N GRuNGe

Chiefjay

Czarina

Delusions of granduer

Dirty Sanchez

DMD

dug

Egret

Gopher

Hugh 0ne

I_am_swammi

Irish

kpholmes

ljbrun

Matt770

Muck

peepinmofo

Puddy

RajnCajn

rhippens

Scooby

Scooby's Hubby

Seattle Lawdawg

Sheik Yerbuti

Sunday Couch Potatoe

T_bone65

Timmypg

Tonorator

Twiley

Whomper

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe

How about this...Twiley and Peepinmofo were the last two to express interest so they should play a play in game for the 32nd seed. Let's just do one game each round to see how it goes. We could always run another if we get through this quickly. I used a random number generator in excel and came up with this seeding order (I automatically placed the winner of Twiley and Peepinmofo as the 32nd seed):

1 Dirty Sanchez

2 Sheik Yerbuti

3 dug

4 DMD

5 Scooby

6 kpholmes

7 Delusions of granduer

8 Avernus

9 Gopher

10 RajnCajn

11 I_am_swammi

12 Scooby's Hubby

13 ljbrun

14 bpwallace49

15 Irish

16 Czarina

17 T_bone65

18 Timmypg

19 Hugh 0ne

20 Muck

21 Puddy

22 Whomper

23 Seattle Lawdawg

24 CaP'N GRuNGe

25 Chiefjay

26 Tonorator

27 Matt770

28 rhippens

29 Big Country

30 Sunday Couch Potatoe

31 Egret

32 twiley/peepinmofo

1 plays 32, 2 plays 31, etc etc for the first round. I'll have to dig up how the matchups typically go from there unless someone else wants to do that.

So if this is OK with everyone we can get started. Twiley and Peepin need to play and the winner will play Dirty Sanchez.

The results of all matches should be posted here along with the scores. Any questions?

1 Dirty Sanchez

32 twiley/peepinmofo

2 Sheik Yerbuti

31 Egret

3 dug

30 Sunday Couch Potatoe

4 DMD

29 Big Country

5 Scooby

28 rhippens

6 kpholmes

27 Matt770

7 Delusions of granduer

26 Tonorator

8 Avernus

25 Chiefjay

9 Gopher

24 CaP'N GRuNGe

10 RajnCajn

23 Seattle Lawdawg

11 I_am_swammi

22 Whomper

12 Scooby's Hubby

21 Puddy

13 ljbrun

20 Muck

14 bpwallace49

19 Hugh 0ne

15 Irish

18 Timmypg

16 Czarina

17 T_bone65

• Like 1

Sounds good.

Note to everyone --- it appears that my computer at the office does not like WWF, but my computer at home is fine. It appears there is a script of some sort that is hanging up (possibly related to a firewall or somesort)... I'm open to thoughts/suggestions ... otherwise, I'll be limited to making moves (on behalf of my dogs) before work and after (once the kids go to bed, I can be a pretty quick player, though).

Each game takes too long as it is imo

I thought this was going to be something to help get us through the slow part of the off-season. We play that many games, and I might be trying to drag people away from their Words With Friends game so that they can make a draft pick in late August. :huh:

They wouldn't really take any longer if you started three (or five or seven) games with the same person at the same time ... you wouldn't need to play them in sequence; you could play them in parallel.

I'm cool with it and will work things out with timmypg. thx

My ipad is hating WWF right now - the app keeps shutting down right after loading..... hoping its just a serer issue with Zynga, but it's been going on since yesterday afternoon and I have powered off/on my Ipad about 5 times to see if that goosed it into working.

And I demand a recount.- srawing a game against DMD to start is gonna be tough.

Also, Grunge, since you pulled together the rankings, did you by any chance pull together WWF user names to make this a bit easier. Mine is acarey50

ETA: I am open to getting some non-tourney games going as well with any of you that are interested. I'd say I am a mid-level player.

Edited by Big Country

Swammi / Whomper. NFC rivals matched up in a battle of will and intestinal fortitude. Good luck bro. Whenever this starts my user name is cnidog. Do we start whenever we want or are we waiting for an official start date ?

Swammi / Whomper. NFC rivals matched up in a battle of will and intestinal fortitude. Good luck bro. Whenever this starts my user name is cnidog. Do we start whenever we want or are we waiting for an official start date ?

I'll hit you up with an invite from my FB page....not even sure I have a "username" (or how to find out) since I only play thru FB. Just waiting for the heads-up that we are a go and I'll send you the invite.

BTW, is chokeartist a valid word?

So it looks like Baby Jane finally found Hugh, huh... Either that, or those socks are going to have to be marked "fragile" by the time he mails them out.

My ipad is hating WWF right now - the app keeps shutting down right after loading..... hoping its just a serer issue with Zynga, but it's been going on since yesterday afternoon and I have powered off/on my Ipad about 5 times to see if that goosed it into working.

Have you tried seeing if there's an update? I know that WWF had tons of issues when it first came over to Android.

My username is DoGB3. Will send you a PM to set it up with tonorator, and get started once we have confimation to go...

my callsign is woolz73

Looks like it's on and poppin'. You are the higher seed so I'll let you create the game. If you decide you don't want to go first just pass the first turn.

ETA: Puddy68

Edited by Puddy