[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2012 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Hugh 0ne

I was embarrassed to be a Penguins fan today. It's bad enough, that they are being completely outplayed by a young and hungry Flyers team. However, to completely lose their composure and turn to a cheap shot, like the one by Asham was even more embarrassing. They need to learn to win and lose with some class. Congrats to the Flyers fans on the board, you should be very proud of your young team.

The Pennsylvania series is perhaps the worst defensive series I've ever seen. The amount of goals scored today alone should be enough for at least 3, maybe four games.

I have been diappointed in the overall fairness of calls in all these games. You'll see a full period go by with holds, hooks, and slashes, and then all of a sudden, someone gets called for a play I'd seen 10fold already for the game. This happened in the Pens/Flyers game today right when the Pens crawled back into it in the end of the 2nd period.

Wondering if it's going to be Flyers/Rangers and Blues/Predators...those four teams might be the best playoff teams in the league. Don't know if that's possible with the reseeding and all.

Wondering if it's going to be Flyers/Rangers and Blues/Predators...those four teams might be the best playoff teams in the league. Don't know if that's possible with the reseeding and all.

I don't think it's going to be the Canucks....:bag:

I was embarrassed to be a Penguins fan today. It's bad enough, that they are being completely outplayed by a young and hungry Flyers team. However, to completely lose their composure and turn to a cheap shot, like the one by Asham was even more embarrassing. They need to learn to win and lose with some class. Congrats to the Flyers fans on the board, you should be very proud of your young team.

:clap::tup::brew:

It's exciting being a Flyers fan right now with all the skilled youth they have. These guys are stepping it up and playing really good hockey!

Edited by The Next Generation

The entire crew (20 people) are going to the local Vancouver sports bar with brooms. We got a not so warm welcome game 1 when we walked into a sea of blue and green with LA Kings gear on hahahahahaha. Should be a blast!!

• Like 1

Shanahan's fingers are going to be sore after all of the wrist slapping that he's done and is going to do.

But I guess that once you tell the kids...er, the players that its ok to smash someone's head into the glass WWE style, all bets are off.

• Like 1

The entire crew (20 people) are going to the local Vancouver sports bar with brooms. We got a not so warm welcome game 1 when we walked into a sea of blue and green with LA Kings gear on hahahahahaha. Should be a blast!!

Only 1 more win and we can watch Vancouver get its' riot on again. Oh the irony of an LA team causing riots in another city!

Edited by Trojanmojo

If you were clever, you would be hoping for Vancouver to make a long run in the playoffs:

Canucks winning = happy Canuck women

Canuck women being happy = Canuck women being friendly to strangers

Canuck women being friendly to strangers = Canuck women less likely to call the cops on Taz for harrassment

Canuck women less likely to call the cops on Taz for harrassment = x increasing and y decreasing (where x = Taz's odds of getting laid; and y = Taz's odds of getting deported)

• Like 1

If you were clever, you would be hoping for Vancouver to make a long run in the playoffs:

Canuck women being friendly to strangers = Canuck women less likely to call the cops on Taz for harrassment

Canuck women less likely to call the cops on Taz for harrassment = x increasing and y decreasing (where x = Taz's odds of getting laid; and y = Taz's odds of getting deported)

:lol: awesome math

Shaw gets 3 games, Smith the goalie with the biggest embellishment and the tape can't stop the league from making a statement. Pound players head into glass, no suspension...run into goalie who makes it look like TimC the DC Sniper shot him, and you get 3. Crazy.

I wasn't expecting a sweep, but d@mn...that was an a$$ kicking.

That was ridiculous. It eventually became entertaining enough to see if they'd get the 10-spot.

Vancouver played a nice game, very much in sync with Daniel Sedin back, I wouldn't be shocked if they take 4 straight.

Ottawa bounced back from the mat, and stunned the Rangers to knot their series up.

Also to note, all the fisticuffs and sexy matchups are proving to be a ratings bonanza for the NHL. Ratings are up 18-24% nationally from one year ago, and 20-53% in local markets from one year ago. Both series involving Ottawa and Vancouver have been huge north of the border with Hockey Night in Canada drawing the #2 and #3 largest audiences for TV programs last week.

:lol:

Raffie Torres can break out his golf clubs, wouldn't be surprised to see him suspended for the remainder of the playoffs.

25 games for the dirtbag. Take a look at the explanation video. Shows a man's character and that "man" can't hide from it.

I would assume at this point that he is perhaps a very, very stupid person who can not understand rules.

John Nash wants his idea back :shades:

I don't think 25 is enough for that scumbucket.

Meanwhile, in the Bruins game, if the Caps do it, it's good. If the Bruins do it, it's a penalty. So frustrating.

Perhaps you are believing Marchand's dives are penalties on the Caps? His antics during this series have been deplorable. I have seen lots of divers in the league but Marchand is in a league of his own.

No, not Marchand, he's been pretty useless...but I've seen Chimera pull all kinds of crap and just skate away from it.

Bergeron may not make the next game with the elbow he took to the face...talk about targeting a guy's head who has a history of concussions.

Dale Hunter the ultimate goon is coaching up his players, and somehow managing to win the war of public relations as well.