[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Words With Friends Tourney II

muck

And we're off..............

Uh oh, emptying your rack to start the game! I'm at the wrong end of Shock & Awe. Getting "trounce"d at the start. Edited by ljbrun

Back at ya. Was there any probs starting game two?

I actually forgot we are playing two at once. Now, I'm trying to invite you to a second game, but I'm getting a message that basically says WWF is unable to recognize that user name... Which obviously doesn't make sense, given that we are currently playing a game.

Username is "lmmikesvikes" with the first character being a lower-case L, correct? Maybe you should just send me another invite, and I'll play first, since you played first in the current game?

:lol: My wife just sent me a text, saying something to the effect of "I think this Matt guy is cheating... He sent me two games, swapping tiles in both. Not sure if he's trying to pick the game/rack he likes best, or what..."

I forgot to tell her we're playing best 2 of 3. Sorry, Matt... I think she may have resigned one of the two games, given I screwed up and didn't inform her of the rules. :doh:

Keep in mind:

When starting the third game, if needed, the person with the lowest combined score in the two games has the option to go first or to pass to the other player.

Not a huge deal, and it's probably too late to bring this up (given that there is so much riding on this tournament), but shouldn't it be the other way around? If Player A barely wins Game 1, but gets their azz kicked in Game 2, they get the advantage in Game 3?

Never mind... I guess it doesn't really give them much of an "advantage" since the person going first can always pass/swap, anyway. It's more of just a method of determining who starts, which makes sense.

Still haven't figured out how to invited MV to a second game. :thinking:

:lol: My wife just sent me a text, saying something to the effect of "I think this Matt guy is cheating... He sent me two games, swapping tiles in both. Not sure if he's trying to pick the game/rack he likes best, or what..."

I forgot to tell her we're playing best 2 of 3. Sorry, Matt... I think she may have resigned one of the two games, given I screwed up and didn't inform her of the rules. :doh:

It's not a big deal, both games randomly chose me to go first, so I passed one to her. In the other I chose to swap tiles. She did resign one and started a new one, so we're good to go. She ended up going first in both games, but in one I played all 7 letters with my first word so obviously I'm not going to bitch about it. I probably should have explained to her why I had started two games.

I actually forgot we are playing two at once. Now, I'm trying to invite you to a second game, but I'm getting a message that basically says WWF is unable to recognize that user name... Which obviously doesn't make sense, given that we are currently playing a game.

Username is "lmmikesvikes" with the first character being a lower-case L, correct? Maybe you should just send me another invite, and I'll play first, since you played first in the current game?

The first time I played, I didn't change from the default user name. Thought it was changed since then but maybe it's f'd up.

I'll start another unless you just want to beat me by more than twice in the first game. :rolleyes:

Never mind... I guess it doesn't really give them much of an "advantage" since the person going first can always pass/swap, anyway. It's more of just a method of determining who starts, which makes sense.

Still haven't figured out how to invited MV to a second game. :thinking:

Try it now so I can see if it works. Otherwise I will just start another one in awhile.

Just noticed first character is lower case "i". immikesvikes.

I started a new game but if you can get in, I will do over with that great start with phobia.

Edited by MikesVikes

It's not a big deal, both games randomly chose me to go first, so I passed one to her. In the other I chose to swap tiles. She did resign one and started a new one, so we're good to go. She ended up going first in both games, but in one I played all 7 letters with my first word so obviously I'm not going to bitch about it. I probably should have explained to her why I had started two games.

And she just threw down a 107pt. word and is kicking my ass. Clearly Mrs. Gopher taught Mr. Gopher how to play this game. :huh:

Just noticed first character is lower case "i" immikesvikes.

I started a new game but if you can get in, I will do over with that great start with phobia.

Didn't see this until now, but I just played... Let's just stick with the games we've started.