[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Renewing Membership

I tried to renew my membership, but the system said I was already a member. I called the 800 phone number and the lady told me I had to wait until my subscription expired before I could renew/extend my membership. Does this sound right? Anyone else have a problem renewing membership?

Mine expires the end of this month.

Since I have always waited until I got the "you aren't one of us" message I would assume that is how things are set up. Maybe they can't extend subscriptions. ???

It is when you sign up that matters. Never heard of someone trying to extend years before they were up. I will have to check.

It is when you sign up that matters. Never heard of someone trying to extend years before they were up. I will have to check.

My membership expires at the end of this month. Was just trying to renew a couple of weeks early.

I tried to renew my membership, but the system said I was already a member. I called the 800 phone number and Carl told me I had to wait until my subscription expired before I could renew/extend my membership. Does this sound right? Anyone else have a problem renewing membership with Carl?

I've always had a problem with that guy... :thinking:

I'm sure its some computer system limitation, or possibly some procedural thing. I've never encountered much trouble when trying to renew a subscription before it expires for other things (magazines, club memberships, etc). It would seem strange to force people to wait until it expires before they can renew. Heck as a business why wouldn't you want somebody's money before it is due?

I'm sure its some computer system limitation, or possibly some procedural thing. I've never encountered much trouble when trying to renew a subscription before it expires for other things (magazines, club memberships, etc). It would seem strange to force people to wait until it expires before they can renew. Heck as a business why wouldn't you want somebody's money before it is due?

I agree. Figured they would jump at taking my money early. Maybe this "Carl" guy is new or just a lousy employee??? ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, I have a criticism. I want to renew my membership and thus far have been unable to. When I called, I was told I have to wait until my current membership expires, which makes no sense at all, but that's fine. It expires tomorrow, so I guess I'll find out if anything is different/easier with regard to renewing. I have to say though, that The Huddle is by far, the most difficult site I have used where it comes to renewing and navigating to find membership information about my account, etc. IMO, it shouldn't be this tough for me to want to give you my money. Also, I did get a response earlier from WW, saying he would look into this, but thus far, no information has come my way. Seriously, am I the only one to have this much trouble? :shrug:

While there was some confusion with our phone support team, there have been no other communications with us on any online signup issues. In fact the system has been processing renewals every day all year long. If you go to our sign up page on the site (http://www.thehuddle.com/site/join.php) you should have no difficulties renewing your membership.

Subscription renewal not working for me either.

When I log on as a member the website tells me that my subscription is expiring soon and directs me to a renewal page.

After I enter all my data to the renewal page the website tells me that I already am a member and need to go to a different page (with a link provided) however the link provided takes me back to the first renewal page.....and the infinite loop begins.

Well... Turns out I'm mistaken. The purchase system is currently set up so that it indeed prevents renewal until the current membership has expired, which happens May 31 of each year. My apologies. We'll remedy this for next year since it only matters for another 8 hours or so.

Also, if you renew this year with our auto-renew option (you'll see that selection on the order page) you won't have to worry about this again. You'll be signed up with The Huddle until you choose to cancel your membership. Which of course I hope would be never. ;)

Well, finally got to renew. But still a pain. After giving all the information online and it said I was registered, I tried to login and could not. I had to call the 800 number and after repeating my information back to me, including my password, which I don't think is a good idea, she said she had to reset the codes? Okay, still couldn't get in until I tried with Firefox, instead of Chrome. Was able to get in with Firefox and now Chrome works. Enough of my complaining, but I hope this process can get improved on for the future.