[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Renewing Membership

OK. I have renewed and received a confirmation email. But now cant login anymore. I am using the correct Login and password however the website tells me my membership has expired. The odd thing about this is that when I go Account Help Tools and login in (using the last 4 digits of my CC #) I am able to access my Account info and it tells me that I have a current subcription...however when I use the link to go back top the Huddle home page it tells me my subscriptions has expired.

This is not meant to be a bi*ch fest...just letting "Carl" know whats happeing.

++++++++++++++++++

OK. All good now. Not sure what changed in the last 15 minutes but I am able to login now. I can tell you I deleted any cookies and history related to the Explorer favorite on my menu bar and then was able to login....but dont know if that is the reason it works now.

Edited by Pancake

The post-back to update our login database from canceled to active typically is immediate upon completion of a renewal. But sometimes there can be a short delay due to connectivity issues or just plan ol' Internet issues. I'll look into these two cases however just to make sure they are not showing a more serious system problem.

Well, finally got to renew. But still a pain. After giving all the information online and it said I was registered, I tried to login and could not. I had to call the 800 number and after repeating my information back to me, including my password, which I don't think is a good idea, she said she had to reset the codes? Okay, still couldn't get in until I tried with Firefox, instead of Chrome. Was able to get in with Firefox and now Chrome works. Enough of my complaining, but I hope this process can get improved on for the future.

Same problem here, looks like I won't be renewing as The Huddle main site does not work on Firefox on a Mac.

Same problem here, looks like I won't be renewing as The Huddle main site does not work on Firefox on a Mac.

Well, I'm on a PC and it works on both Firefox and Chrome now. At first, after renewing, it didn't work on Chrome, but does now. Not sure about the Mac. Seems like there must be some logical explanation? :thinking:

IDK, hasn't worked since the last Firefox update, just hangs, it's the only site that does it. Frustrating, been a member

for over ten years but not gonna change browsers for one site. Hope the forums don't start hanging like the main site.

It is when you sign up that matters. Never heard of someone trying to extend years before they were up. I will have to check.

Friendly FYI, I have been on auto-renewal for some years now, but was (on 5/31) required to 1) manually renew and 2) my membership date/month is November.

P.S. No changes with CC used as possible sourse of non-auto renewal, same CC then and now.

Thanks for all y'all do (care and time) to make the site and its info tremendous.

Edited by hapicamp

hapicamp - The auto-renew membership you purchased in 2009 was for three years, so last year's auto-renew was the third and last. That is why you had to manually renew this year. Currently all memberships end (or auto-renew) each May 31st.

Thanks WW.

I haden't remembered 3 yr term. The (new?) rolloing/reoccuring option is great to have.

Has there been talk about a lifetime membership price? Not that far fetched really. I have it with Sirius Radio, a non-profit org, etc..

Cheers

Yes, the current ability to sign up with a perpetual annual auto-renew option is new for this year. In 2009 we tried to implement auto-renew but after lack of support from our owners we were forced to kill it (for the most part) in August of that year. But our new owners, USA TODAY SPORTS, are much more supportive and are backing us offering it again. Which we are pleased to do as we feel it provides more convenience for our members.

same issue for me. Says I'm already a member and redirects me to the same sign-up screen I had just filled out.

EDIT: My membership is current I just can't log into the site at all. Still a problem...

Edited by Steelhead