[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

(Somewhat) bold predictions for the 2012 Fantasy season

Papajohn

Mathews top 3? Alex Smith top 10?....-this thread is getting very bold indeed.

Well, for starters, the title does say "bold". But, honestly, calling for Smith to be top 10 is not that big a stretch.

1) He was 15 in Huddle scoring last year and Mark Sanchez was 10th, averaging 2 pts a game more.

2) Given the short camp and new coaching staff, I do think they severely shortened the play-book (which worked great). But they opened it up vs NO and he showed what he was capable of when they did. He's now got a full camp and season behind him and I don't think they're going to be able to get away with trying to win the exact same way they did last year.

3) They added two FA WRs and spent their 1st round pick on another, plus they added the kind of back that is good in space (read, will likely get used in the passing game) in the 2nd.

I guess asking all of that to add up to 25 yards every game and and an extra TD every 3-4 games doesn't seem like a shot in the dark.

Well, for starters, the title does say "bold". But, honestly, calling for Smith to be top 10 is not that big a stretch.

I agree 100%. His ADP on the way-too-early tracking sites is 24, and I'll take him around the 12th or 13th QB.

1) He was 15 in Huddle scoring last year and Mark Sanchez was 10th, averaging 2 pts a game more.

2) Given the short camp and new coaching staff, I do think they severely shortened the play-book (which worked great). But they opened it up vs NO and he showed what he was capable of when they did. He's now got a full camp and season behind him and I don't think they're going to be able to get away with trying to win the exact same way they did last year.

3) They added two FA WRs and spent their 1st round pick on another, plus they added the kind of back that is good in space (read, will likely get used in the passing game) in the 2nd.

I guess asking all of that to add up to 25 yards every game and and an extra TD every 3-4 games doesn't seem like a shot in the dark.

not a HUGH stretch but take a look at the schedule. that team will have to win games with defense and ball control. they face some real QB killers and i think just staying healthy will be a challenge.

• 3 months later...

As I have already stated in a few threads I have a huge man crush on BenJarvus Green-Ellis and truly believe he will have an excellent fantasy season for the Bengals, so my (somewhat) bold prediction is:

BenJarvus Green-Ellis (BJGE) will be a top 15 Fantasy RB in the 2012 NFL season.

So far so good!

And:

BenJarvis Green-Ellis won't finish the season in the top 25 in terms of RB scoring.

He wasn't great with defenses consumed with fear over slowing down the Patriots passing attack. Why will he be now?

In your face!

(I know it is early in the season, but who knows if I get another chance to brag)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Currently 24 in my league (1pt/10yds, 6pt TDs, no PPR), so not that far off. #20 (Forte) has only 12 more points.

Forte was also out for a 1.5 games due to his injury, but since has bounced back strong and will finish in the Top 15, if not Top 10 if he finishes strong.

• 1 month later...

Sorry but BJGE won't finish in the Top 20.

Before the last week BJGE is:

No. 18 in 1 PPR

No. 16 in 0,5 PPR

No. 15 in 0 PPR

He might not finish in the top 15 in all formats, but he will (hopefully) finish in the top 25.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Before the last week BJGE is:

No. 18 in 1 PPR

No. 16 in 0,5 PPR

No. 15 in 0 PPR

He might not finish in the top 15 in all formats, but he will (hopefully) finish in the top 25.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Currently # 16 in my league, no PPR, 1pt/10 yards (rush/recv), minus 1 for fumbles

BenJarvis Green-Ellis won't finish the season in the top 25 in terms of RB scoring.

He wasn't great with defenses consumed with fear over slowing down the Patriots passing attack. Why will he be now?

note the date and time. for once we agree.